Diablo® III

What will the new character classes be?

One thing that might be kind of interesting would be a class with Vitality as its main stat. And maybe instead of having a separate resource bulb, it could cost life to use its skills. I'm not sure exactly how all the details would work out, though.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Chronos
One thing that might be kind of interesting would be a class with Vitality as its main stat. And maybe instead of having a separate resource bulb, it could cost life to use its skills. I'm not sure exactly how all the details would work out, though.

How about a vampire? Instead of having two balls (one for life and one for energy) there would only be one for life. Vitality would determine hit points, energy for the skills, attack damage, and half of the defense. The other half of the defense would be 1/3 strength, 1/3 dexterity, and 1/3 intelligence.
Reply Quote
I think you'll be a westmarch Knight/solider whatever you call it, here's why:

In D2 you met Natalya, an assassin in act 3, she said she was waiting for her orders...she became your LOD assassin.

In D3, you have captain haile, by the end of act 3, he's on rakkis crossing fighting with you cause all his lads are dead. So you have character explanation, and character appeareance already worked out.

Then, as a westmarch knight, you can call to arms men-at-arms(shield or zweihander), bowmen, crossbowmen, clerics (healer'n stun effect)

its strenght based, yet its an hybrid class

you get a few paladin abilities for melee (smite, zeal,) and can have some holy spells (holy bolt, thunder, whatever)

you could also get a "siege" type of skills, where you summon either a small catapult(area of effect or increased damage), ballistae(percing) (with crew), barricades (adds defence)

stuff like that. I think it would be interesting. Sort of like a battle commander

oh and your buffs would be "battle commands" , you could also get some sort of aura.

I'd really like to have a retinue of simple human soldiers to fight for me and be able to buff them and do my main damage with them XD would feel epic I believe.
Reply Quote

How about a vampire? Instead of having two balls (one for life and one for energy) there would only be one for life. Vitality would determine hit points, energy for the skills, attack damage, and half of the defense. The other half of the defense would be 1/3 strength, 1/3 dexterity, and 1/3 intelligence.

Please no vampires (vs werwolfes). The thematic is used in too many games, movies and is stale.
Same applies to an expansion/DLC with focus on pirates, which seems to be the trend in a lot of new games.
Reply Quote

Please no vampires (vs werwolfes). The thematic is used in too many games, movies and is stale.
Same applies to an expansion/DLC with focus on pirates, which seems to be the trend in a lot of new games.

but using hp as resource sure sounds new and innovative
Reply Quote
Should definitely be druid and a new idea in my honest opinion.
Reply Quote
The problem with using HP as a resource is figuring out how to scale it. If skills cost 300 life, say, they'd be completely unusable at low levels, but effectively free at high levels. And even if you make the costs scale with level, similarly to how most healing skills scale with level, you'll still get significant disparities from folks who have more or less vit from their gear. That's why I said I hadn't worked out all the details.
Reply Quote
No vampires vs. werewolves ... just vampires and druids that can transform into werewolves

01/13/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Chronos
The problem with using HP as a resource is figuring out how to scale it. If skills cost 300 life, say, they'd be completely unusable at low levels, but effectively free at high levels. And even if you make the costs scale with level, similarly to how most healing skills scale with level, you'll still get significant disparities from folks who have more or less vit from their gear. That's why I said I hadn't worked out all the details.

Maybe skills would use a certain *percentage* of your life.
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Starblazer
A gladiator would be interesting. Instead of being enslaved blood-sport warriors like the ancient Roman gladiators, they could be convicted criminals given the option of military service to gain their freedom.

I like this idea for a character good one.
Reply Quote
A gladiator would be interesting. Instead of being enslaved blood-sport warriors like the ancient Roman gladiators, they could be convicted criminals given the option of military service to gain their freedom.

In the game Sacred you can play as gladiator.
Edited by Bfler#2867 on 1/14/2013 8:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Bfler

In the game Sacred you can play as gladiator.

True, and a gladiator would probably have a similar style of combat as a barbarian. Then again, a gladiator would be more duel-oriented. A Romanesque appearance would fit the gladiator well. Actually, I'm wondering if the term "gladiator" could refer to any slavelike warrior that is fighting for freedom, as opposed to simply a blood sport warrior that fights in an arena.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]