Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
1. Finally killing that dragon in Runescape so you get Rune armor. Felt so good.
2. Diablo 1's good 'ol Butcher line.
3. Battlefield Bad Co. 2. Every online match in that game was filled to the brim with awesome moments.
4. Beating a frustrating character and preforming a glorious fatality on him in any MK.
5. First playing L4D with my friends. We had no idea what it was about going in, so screaming at all the zombies and laughing at all the Boomers was so great.
Edited by Brick#1918 on 1/8/2013 4:52 AM PST
Not in order
1. My first "Holy S***" kill in UT2004 (Redeemer FTW:P)
2. End credits of Super Mario World, first game I ever beaten (that had a true credits scene)
3. The first time I played GoldenEye
4. Entering the Rock Solid club in Conker's Bad Fur Day, and hearing that incredible song
5. First encounter with Diablo Clone, the day of 1.10's release
i wanted to try and list 5 moments that aren't listed by others.
(at least i hope not, only read about half the thread)
-when you enter one of the earlier levels of tomb raider
and a t-rex attacks you out of nowhere
-getting freaky with the succubus in Witcher 2
-hitman:blood money when you wake up at your own
funeral and kill everyone in the room
-landstalker when you finally get to fight the duke
and then he screws you over
-far cry 3 if you choose boobs, you die.
5. Dragon Age: Origins - Death animation when taking down the ogre on top of the tower at beginning of game
4. Starcraft: Brood War - Realizing the game ends with Kerrigan on top was such a cool ending, leaving you feeling like you actually just beat a game as the bad guy (Video games need to do this more often imo, not because I enjoy seeing bad guys win but because it's a totally different experience)
3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - First time you actually step out into Hyrule Grounds. It's the first time I felt like I entered an actual video game world
2. Mass Effect - Talking to Sovereign on Virmire and the Prothean relic on Ilos, both moments actually gave me chills as one of the greatest stories in video game history unfolded
1. Bioshock Infinite - Watching infant Elizabeth lose her finger as the tear closes. So glad to see that video games can have the emotional impact of movies in 2013.
Mass Effect 3 Citadel: Final farewell to my beloved Commander Shepard.
I actually have the group photo printed, framed, and sitting on my desk.
Starcraft 1: Arcturus Mengsk's speech at his coronation.
"And to all the enemies of humanity, seek not to bar our way, for we shall win through, no matter the cost." Hell, I would still vote for him if I could.
Runescape (2002-2006): Every quest completion, every level up, every mob killed, every drop looted, every player slain in the wilderness. I still think it is one of the best MMORPG I've ever played.
Age of Empires 1/2: Every discovery of a gold/stone deposit.
Age of Empires 2: Theme music starts playing.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.