11/20/2012 02:45 AMPosted by MuckFe2 - Descent 2 – The first time I killed a RL friend in H2H combat!
Is this the same descent that I played with ships in a maze? It was an awesome game and all, I'd play it now if I could get in on some mp action, but I don't remember any HtH combat. It was all lasers, mines, missles, plasma cannons...you get the picture.
Hmmm, mine would have to be:
1) Beating Metroid and discovering that Samus was a chick in a bathing suit. /em wolfwhistle
2) FFVII release on playstation, pre-erdered with 5 buddies and played for weeks every night, all night.
4) Discovering "The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind" game on PC in 2004
5) When I got my NES, finally, and played for 7 days straight. Beat Castlevania in 3 days and moved on to Zelda and Mario Bros 2
6) My discovery of the MMO in 2003ish when FFXIII released in the U.S., I sat up and watched the live stream from Japan for hours before the game was live in the states. Then I got drunk and made a Mithran. Eventually, I got my wife to enjoy gaming and she joined me in FFXIII. This was the beginning of the end, she got a rush being the girl in an MMO and all of the attention that comes with it.
Eventually, while being showered with gifts in vanilla wow (they carried her through raids, gave her gold, equipment and valuable pets) she allowed a too young nerd/geek with serious social issues to come over to our place while I was working a double time, 16hr shift on christmas eve. Those damned geeks idolized her and once she had two she begged me to stay but too late, that pond was polluted by geek juice so I had to bail.
I sure did scare the hell out of the kid when I googled his name and address (my wife bought him pizza on my bank card) then called his mother and told her what was going on. They moved the next day and the kids mom wouldn't let him play wow or talk to my wife anymore. The second one was an active felon...wtf?