Diablo® III

Monster Guide/Builds (2.47APS zDogs Stream)

PTV Bears Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199961490?page=1#3

Make it Rain (Life on Hit Build): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199961490?page=2#30

Infinite Mana Build (Non VQ + Your choice of Mana Dump): Coming Soon

Zombie Dog APOCALYPSE: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199961490?page=2#32

Stream: http://www.own3d.tv/Monster12/live/390036
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/7/2012 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Soundb is back! Cheers!
Reply Quote
PTV Bears

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fbYTUd!aWU!cbaZZb
Stream: http://www.own3d.tv/Monster12/live/390036

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This build is focused around high damage with high mana sustain through GEAR. OPTIMAL levels of this build will require high amounts of gold.

Skills

Zombie Charger: Zombie Bears (Rune)
Primary damage ability and highest damage output ability of a WD. High in mana cost and will require a good amount of gear for sustained bear damage.

Corpse Spiders: Widowmakers (Rune)
Primarily used to spam when not enough mana for bears and to proc VQ. The mana per hit on the Widowmakers rune is huge mana returns which helps us sustain our mana while using PTV.
Alternative: If you do not have a lifesteal weapon, you can use Rain of Toads with Life on Hit gear for sustain.

Spirit Walk: Honored Guest (Rune)
For high mana returns, or running out of sticky situations. I wouldn't use any other rune for Spirit Walk since this setup is a high mana drain spec with PTV.

Soul Harvest: Languish (Rune)
I mainly use Languish to slow goblins but any rune can be subsituted here based on preference.

Gargantuan: Big Stinker (Rune)
Some more sustain AOE DMG / Tank.

Summon Zombie Dogs: Rabid Dogs (Rune)
Some more sustain DMG / Tanks.

Passives

Pierce the Veil: I reccomend using PTV if you have a good amount of Mana regen (+Zuni 4set bonus). If you dont have high passive mana regen I would recommend using Blood ritual for more reduced mana cost.

Vision Quest: For more mana regen to cast more Zombie Bears

Jungle Fortitude: More survivability, you can swap this with Gruesome Feast or Grave Injustice when farming lower power levels. When grouping I would suggest using Bad Medicine for the extra 5% reduced dmg (20% compared to 15%)

Gearing

4PC Zuni set is a huge plus to this build for sustained Zombie Bear Casting, as well as -Zombie bear cost gear (Stone of Jordan / Mojo). A Lifesteal weapon is also mandatory for this build as it is our primary source of sustain. Life on Hit does not work with Zombie Bears.

Key Items

End note: This is a revision of my previous zombie bear build for higher MP Levels (7+) and will cost quite a bit of gold, for the cheaper version and details on how to start off in this build for lower MP do a search.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 12/1/2012 5:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Maybe you'll be able to revive the economy by scaring everyone into getting more EHP items to "farm" MP 7-10 like you did last time again. Tell me how your 90-80k HP wasn't overkill now that the patch has dropped. ;)
Edited by Lmaoonadee#1981 on 11/26/2012 6:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Good build. I would put an alternative to BBV as Hex/Jinx for higher MP levels (8-10) as well as key runs. For MP8+, you tend to run around a bit more due to the extremely high hp from the elites. It makes it hard to remain inside the radius of BBV. Hex is great because it is basically always up + does not use any cast animation time.... so you can pop Hex whenever it is available with no delay in bear casting, etc.

Similarly, I would say PtV is great for lower MP levels but for upper MP levels, it would be beneficial to switch that out for BR and change GI for either SA (which compliments VQ even more), Bad Med, or JF.
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 06:35 AMPosted by Lmaoonadee
Maybe you'll be able to revive the economy by scaring everyone into getting more EHP items to "farm" MP 7-10 like you did last time again. Tell me how your 90-80k HP wasn't overkill now that the patch has dropped. ;)

it isnt overkill, im at 45-50k hp and I would still like more just as everyone else would, I just dont have the gold to get it right now and maintain the ~200k DPS min I want, needed for higher MP levels and ubers.

I have enough DPS now to kill things in a timely manner, and will be stacking survival stats just as I did -before- the patch dropped. Before the patch, 50-70k DPS was enough to decimate the current content, there was no point in aiming for higher DPS past that point, you would be paying 100s of millions just to kill the same monsters 1-2 seconds faster, whereas you could spend less gold and farm easier by not having to worry about mechanics and being able to stand in affixes. If you don't get that by now then im sorry dude, you'll never understand it and you should just stop arguing with me. It's a different patch so bringing up what me and many others were doing in a previous patch is moot and pointless.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 11/26/2012 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Finalized the build, a high end PTV version with high mana returns through 4pc zuni, VQ, and widowmakers.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 11/26/2012 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Soundb
It's a different patch so bringing up what me and many others were doing in a previous patch is moot and pointless.

Oh you are so silly. I'm bringing up what you did before patch because I have you to thank for pretty much 75% of my gold income pre 1.0.5.

All the new WDs you gave "advice to" bought into more items that increased EHP over DPS to farm higher MP levels went straight for my AR gear just to get stuck doing 2+ hour runs. Dropping that difficulty only allowed them to be invincible at lower MPs but at the dramatic cost of their run speeds.

Goodluck with your guide and I can't wait to see what you cook up next--need some more money in my pockets. :')
Edited by Lmaoonadee#1981 on 11/26/2012 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's a different patch so bringing up what me and many others were doing in a previous patch is moot and pointless.

Oh you are so silly. I'm bringing up what you did before patch because I have you to thank for pretty much 75% of my gold income pre 1.0.5.

All the new WDs you gave "advice to" bought into more items that increased EHP over DPS to farm higher MP levels went straight for my AR gear just to get stuck doing 2+ hour runs. Dropping that difficulty only allowed them to be invincible at lower MPs but at the dramatic cost of their run speeds.

Goodluck with your guide and I can't wait to see what you cook up next--need some more money in my pockets. :')

lolllll those guys fault then not mine. If they followed me at all they would have seen me dumping some EHP in favor of DPS as soon as the announcement was made that MP levels were going to be released int he next patch. I think I even told people that on my stream once I was on the PTR.

My aim was never to 'scare' people into doing something for profit, if that's what anyone thinks. My old guide was still getting traffic even after 1.05 dropped, I just gave up on updating it after I switched so that's probably what happened, people using my old guide for the current patch.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 11/26/2012 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I run a hybrid of both builds you posted. Requires both LS and LoH but it's an incredibly versatile build and is effective in any scenario. I use it for high MP farming:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WfUdXT!acU!bcacYc

Basically toads is used to proc VQ, and Garg handles aggro and stuns elites so I can mow them down with bears. Soul Harvest with FA rune is my "oh sh*t" button, and allows me to stand in the middle of packs without worry of taking too much damage. I have enough sustain now that I can handle most packs all the way up to MP 10 without having to move (unless they have molten/desecrator/firechains) until I go OOM. The Frightening Aspect rune really helps on high MP levels. I can run through arcane sentries like they are nothing.

For low MP speed runs I just run the build I have equipped now: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fRUdiV!ZYT!caacbb

Here is my real profile BTW stupid armory lags:
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/mikehoncho-1169/MikeHoncho/1258293
Edited by MikeHoncho#1169 on 11/26/2012 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
At work right now so can't test the build. Been wanting to go back to PtV for a while too. What has stopped me from using mana spiders is that I run with a 2 hander. It seems that would likely gimp my returns on mana. Do think I would run into problems as a result?
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 07:21 AMPosted by CleverName
At work right now so can't test the build. Been wanting to go back to PtV for a while too. What has stopped me from using mana spiders is that I run with a 2 hander. It seems that would likely gimp my returns on mana. Do think I would run into problems as a result?

well, 2hander for me personally has always been rougher to use, due to its slow stutter stepping, so i think there is a disadvantage to 2h no matter what. Id say just try it out and see if it works for you. If you are used to playing bears as 2h already then you can probably pull it off. the 4pc zuni will give you mana returns, and the VQ will always last 5 seconds per cast, the only thing that would sorta gimp ur returns would be the spidercast speed but usually i only cast 1-2 spider casts at a time anyways so i dont think it should be much trouble.
Reply Quote
Why Rabid Dogs? Or is that when you're running BM in a group? I can understand Stinker from the AOE standpoint with 200k DPS. But why Rabid Dogs? It doesn't do anything but change the 9% physical to 9% poison... Or am I totally wrong here?
Reply Quote
I notice that out eq stats are very similar yet you are showing 75k dps more than me currently, It appears due to a differential in IAS & CC, I am looking to upgrade the Pox & Vision with +CC versions when I have the gold.

How important is the IAS in increasing your Sheet DPS?

I have a SoJ for elites do you use tha at all?
Reply Quote
I notice that out eq stats are very similar yet you are showing 75k dps more than me currently, It appears due to a differential in IAS & CC, I am looking to upgrade the Pox & Vision with +CC versions when I have the gold.

It's the IAS and the 5.5% CC that he has over you. Not to mention the additional Average Damage. SoundB has about 70 - 250 more damage added in his items. Lol, it's like adding another OH with 70-250, 5.5%CC and 25% IAS.
Reply Quote

IAS is pretty good, it makes you more mobile. it doesnt increase actual dmg output when your 'farming' so to say but you can definitely notice a difference in longer fights such as ubers. I bought myself a cold dmg SOJ but it doesnt seem to proc on much of our abilities so its just collecting dust, i usually just leave on the gear inormally wear for when i do ubers.

also like suntzu said, +Average DMG is huge in dps, since it adds to you base weapon damage and then further effected by crit/ias/crit dmg. I wouldnt be surprised if you gained 20k+ DPS just by equipping my offhand instead of your manajuma offhand.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 11/27/2012 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
With your mana pool and PTV you can only cast 4 bears. It just seems to me that in a longer fight, replacing PTV with BR or SA would eventually surpass your dmg output. Less time spent casting spiders and more time for the regen to tick.

I haven't done any math yet, just my initial thoughts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
What about Grave Injustice as an alternative to one of the above skills? Just curious....

For survivability, I like to have Spirit Vessel, for comfort, although I have not used it yet: but I also play Hardcore exclusively. Any other tips would be great - thanks!
Reply Quote
grave injustice would be decent if you have enough pickup radius. if you play hardcore exclusively though i would rather run jungle fortitude/bad medicine though, or even a acid rain/toads build instead of a bears.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]