Diablo® III

Sentry build

Hi,

I'm running a sentry build. And I don't really care if its efficient way of farming or whatever. They are actually viable now and I want to make my build around it.

Anyone as information about them? I mean I know that they don't crit, I heard and from experience. So stacking crit for this build is probably worthless. But other stats I don't know if the influence. Do they get any benefit from % chance to stun/freeze/whatever CC? Life on hit? Does attack speed have any influence? Or just the base damage of the weapon?

While we're at it.. what about traps? :)

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
I've been running a sentry build for a week now and I enjoy it alot.

Sentries don't crit, and they factor in reflect so it can be tricky some times. I find them particularly usefull when you get an extra health E and you get 2 turrets on him. They have good attack speed and help a lot.

*edit* i would also like some of those questions answered hehe. Cuz I'm also considering a strafe build which could be like the old WW barb build when combined with vengeance and bat companion.... seems like you could strafe forever
Edited by BeerSniper#1381 on 11/27/2012 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
I add sentry into my build to let me run more glass cannon than i usually could. I run the rune with a damage reductiion bubble, and plop one down for an elite pack. Bubble + gloom and nothing can kill me, even with reflect affixes
Reply Quote
Nodonn
View profile
I add sentry into my build to let me run more glass cannon than i usually could. I run the rune with a damage reductiion bubble, and plop one down for an elite pack. Bubble + gloom and nothing can kill me, even with reflect affixes

I use same rune and gloom for same purpose, i was wondering does the reduction stack with 2 turrets?
Reply Quote
View profile
Hi,

I'm running a sentry build. And I don't really care if its efficient way of farming or whatever. They are actually viable now and I want to make my build around it.

Anyone as information about them? I mean I know that they don't crit, I heard and from experience. So stacking crit for this build is probably worthless. But other stats I don't know if the influence. Do they get any benefit from % chance to stun/freeze/whatever CC? Life on hit? Does attack speed have any influence? Or just the base damage of the weapon?

While we're at it.. what about traps? :)

Thanks in advance

They don't benefit from any CC. No life on hit. No Shadow Power.

Attack speed has a large influence.

What you want, is good weapon damage, dex, attack speed, and min/max. You want to round out your natural damage over crit damage. So, it's much different than what normal DHs look for. However, when you power up the turrets like that and have them out, your damage will be multiplied significantly.

You need the defense and the restoration to be able to command turrets though, otherwise reflect will kill you. You need life regen too, incase you have to split and it offsets the reflect. Using Sentries is like the DPS equalizer with a balanced DH.

Nodonn
View profile

I use same rune and gloom for same purpose, i was wondering does the reduction stack with 2 turrets?

Nope.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 11/27/2012 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
@ActionKungFu thanks a lot for your answer. That's what I was looking for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]