Diablo® III

200k+ Unbuffed Damage Witch Doctors Post Here

Post here if you're a 200k damage Witch Doctor unbuffed. Just hit it because of Paragon, figured I'd see how many of us there are out there. It was my goal, maybe not that big of a deal. Thought I'd Share. <3

Since profile hasn't updated: http://i.imgur.com/4owxR.jpg

Bryce
Reply Quote
200k!! Easy stuff.. my gear is only paragon lvling..
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 04:02 PMPosted by henry88
200k!! Easy stuff.. my gear is only paragon lvling..

But you are at 131k? I'm confused.
Reply Quote
here :)
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 05:17 PMPosted by ichi
here :)

Very nice! :D
Reply Quote
Over 200k with my Skorn and a soj.

182+ with a soj so I'm @ 243 vs elites (unbuffed). Should be hitting around 190k w/a soj as soon the gold I sold processes for bliz bucks so I can nab something off the RMAH.
Reply Quote
fapfapfap...
Reply Quote
..... 274 with regular rings
Reply Quote
When I'm not farming I can hit 210k unbuffed with 4 piece zuni.

It's hard hitting 200k with a Leorics :)
Reply Quote
Finally, updated :] 2h baby!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bicen-1974/hero/6388613
Reply Quote
Attack Speed isn't DPS heheh, unless your a dart doctor i guess
Edited by battletag#11838 on 11/27/2012 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
so close, just need to find good gloves.
Edited by JonkZ#1210 on 11/27/2012 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sup.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 07:48 PMPosted by battletag

attack speed is 100% DPS. DPS = Damage per second. If you have the mana to support it gives you exactly what sheet says.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Brahm

attack speed is 100% DPS. DPS = Damage per second. If you have the mana to support it gives you exactly what sheet says.

The LoH from your leaching beast keep you alive? What MP can you play on with such low AR? Do people not understand the complexity to armor sets? I couldn't imagine playing a WD without 24% movement speed and at least 20 yard pickup...
Reply Quote
The goal is not to hit more with low damage. WD needs to have a slower attack speed with a higher damage per hit output. I wouldn't go any higher than 1.7 with a 1 hand. If you continue to get faster and faster but don't increase your max damage range, you'll never make it in higher MP. I do 1-2 million damage constantly with a 1.26 AS and heal for 20-30k health every other hit and I don't need to use dogs like everyone who uses a 1h.
Reply Quote
:)
Reply Quote
While I'm not in the 200k range I have no mana problems without a primary with 1.85 APS.
Reply Quote

The LoH from your leaching beast keep you alive? What MP can you play on with such low AR? Do people not understand the complexity to armor sets? I couldn't imagine playing a WD without 24% movement speed and at least 20 yard pickup..

The goal is not to hit more with low damage. WD needs to have a slower attack speed with a higher damage per hit output. I wouldn't go any higher than 1.7 with a 1 hand. If you continue to get faster and faster but don't increase your max damage range, you'll never make it in higher MP. I do 1-2 million damage constantly with a 1.26 AS and heal for 20-30k health every other hit and I don't need to use dogs like everyone who uses a 1h.

Low AR? I have 800-900+ AR when buffed. That is low? news to me! I also have solid armour numbers. I run a LS mace it's just not showing as I was playing with my knife for some speed runs in lower mp when It last updated. I can play any MP I want and play it well.

Trying to say I don't understand the complexity of armour sets ok.. lol There is nothing complex about this game outside of people trying to make it seem more complex then it is. Go play nwn for a few months then come back and play this game..I could fart on the AH and build a good spec.

You have some out dated views on how to play a WD. It's about balance. This game has never been about a single stat solution. 1.26 AS is slow, but better then most 2h setups.. You are stacking AS but knocking at the same time. I run similar AS with my skorn and find it painful to play you might as well have roots. 20 PUR is nice but not needed most damage with bears is done within 20 radius and you get an additional 8 with GI. 14+8=22 I ran more, and I have ran less. I've tested this a fair bit I didn't drop the additional 7 I had lightly, if I find the right gear I may get it back but it's just a perk. I run 24% MS did you miss the innas and the zuni's? However I have no qualms running @ 12ms if I want to use my Blackthornes for some extra tanky action.

Don't get me wrong I have never nor am I now advocating you stack AS in-proportionality to other stats but to say it's just paper dps is foolish.

As far as dogs I don't need to use dogs I choose to use dogs it's free damage mitigation when you are playing solo. Of course the goal isn't to hit for low damage. I'm critting for between 700-1.8m with my 1h setup and i'm doing it @ 1.48, or 1.82 AS depending on which weapon I choose...or I can use use my skorn if I want but I loose all the tasty features like 6% bonus vs elites, increased mana pool, and decreased zc cost, and additional vit from my weapons. I've played how you play, and adapted to my setup.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure you spec works well for you, but i'd rather be mobile and play a fast paced game even if it means I die now and then over falling asleep waiting for the cast animation to take place between each volley of bears. LS skrons work well even the lower dps ones. There is no argument about that but you'd proboly be better off with more vit and armour to balance things out vs stacking 1 defensive stat so high.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 11/27/2012 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]