Diablo® III

1.06 - Framerate troubles Persist.

TLDR Version at bottom.

Seriously. This is freaking terrible. How have you guys not fixed the frame rate/rubber banding problems that have plagued this game since 1.05? (excluding 1.0, 1.01, 1.02)

WILL NO BLUE POST OR CONFIRM WITH US WHETHER OR NOT THIS ISSUE WILL BE FIXED? Here is my old post from 1.05 that got no attention.

"Every blue post I see on the Mac technical forums pertaining to 1.05 performance seems to be tip toeing around the frame rate issue. That is, the dramatic drop of framerates and increase in rubber banding since 1.05 has been implemented.

All I want to know is will this be fixed for 1.06? A hotfix would be nice, considering the game worked fine from 1.03-1.04, but seems unlikely at this point. My framerate went from 50-60fps in 1.04 to 20-30 in 1.05, and it drops to 7-12 fps for every single elite pack or white mob. This never happened before.

I guess I am seeking more clarity than the ambiguous...
"It is possible for certain machines to experience "stuttering" when all of the game's assets are fully loaded. Our testing has concluded on this issue and Blizzard hopes to have this resolved in a future patch."

This seems like a huge problem to me. I also know this doesn't need to be iterated any more either but, it really sucks that my $60 SINGLE PLAYER game has essentially been bastardized by this buggy (and obviously not properly tested) patch."

TLDR: This worked fine from 1.03-1.04. It is now a largely unplayable stuttering laggy mess, which is obviously due to poor programming or poor patch testing.
Edited by Dude#1929 on 11/27/2012 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Same goes for me. I literally am forced to play at 10-15 fps during monster encounters, and often times much less than that. I mean I love the game but DAMN, give me a break! This is not satisfactory in any way. On my barb I will die and then be like huh? And it'll rubberband halfway across the screen into an arcane where I "died". This horrible lag and FPS drop during encounters needs to be fixed. It's not an OS problem or anyone's specific problem. It's BLIZZARD'S MISTAKE.
Reply Quote
I respond to every one of these posts merely as a bump to call more attention to this. It's the perfect trifecta: rubber-banding, severely low fps, and stuttering. Additionally, it became worse after patch 1.05 to much dismay.

Even if the game never becomes 'flawless', some incremental fixes on Blizzard's end would go a long way for Mac users trying to enjoy this title.
Edited by Ghostpos#1230 on 11/29/2012 5:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, in France for Mac users (OSX 10.6.8), the 1.0.6 patch makes the game lagging at 10/15 FPS despite the low settings. How & when the game will be running properly ? Mac gamers are not very numerous, but we belong actively to the worldwide Mac communauty.

Please make us enjoying this game once for all, please.

Thanks a lot to Blizzard for considering this request seriously.
Edited by Shiva#2198 on 11/29/2012 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am having very similar problems. My fps was fine pre 1.0.6 at full specs and now its unplayable even at lowest resolution!

I posted a ticket, got a reply, tried everything they said but to no avail. Now they aren't responding to any more of my tickets!
Reply Quote
just updated to 1.0.6 and i'm getting the same problem as describe..
i was playing 1.0.5 without any lag of any sort.
Reply Quote
This is why I'm giving up on Blizzard games. They used to be highly regarded quality products. When they said it would be released when it was ready meant a quality product. I guess this is the new definition of "ready".

I think I get more use and satisfaction from the cardboard box I purchased my collectors editions in than the game. Also probably why I used to be 90 percent computer games and the other 10 on consoles. Now it seems to be the opposite because of lazy programming on both Blizzard's end and surprisingly Apple's. The mac has also gone way down hill on the software reliability front. I had to finally uninstall Mountain Lion because of all the issues.

And like the other poster said about them not responding to posts when you have a ticket open. They have a out of mind out of sight policy. Keep hounding them, but I'm done subsidizing their paychecks in buying new product.
Reply Quote
Wow, I played Diablo 3 today the first time until 1.04 and really have to say:

CONGRATULATIONS BLIZZARD, you made a hardly playable game unplayable. It was hard to play before, but now it is impossible. Really ask myself why I tried to play it once again... after 15 minutes I had to quit the game because it's just like super-slow-motion. Great!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hey all,

So, please describe the low frames rates.

Is this a case when:
  • A. Its low FPS as soon as you start the game.
  • B. Normal frame rates but you notice "stutter" when monsters load, spells cast, etc. This causes the FPS meter to drop momentarily, but then go back to normal.
  • C. Low FPS after X amount of time. (please tell us the time it starts to drop)
  • D. The FPS spikes up and down, even when nothing is happening on the screen.
  • E. Other (Please describe exact details.)

Please keep in mind we're looking at this issue from a 1.0.6 standpoint now.
Edited by Machkhan on 12/2/2012 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Having the same problems here.

Patch 1.06 seems the take a bad turn for Mac performance.

This is absurd as it my Mac runs smoothly while playing massive games in SC2 while my single player, less graphic intensive D3 experiences major stuttering and lag.

I have 2 other friends that run the game as well. They play a monk and barb respectively while I play a wd so this isn't class specific.

To answer blue's post: The stutter is apparent when we start the game, but worsens as we cast more spells and fight monsters.

Please solve this.
Edited by bobdrix#6315 on 12/2/2012 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey all,

Is this a case when:
  • B. Normal frame rates but you notice "stutter" when monsters load, spells cast, etc. This causes the FPS meter to drop momentarily, but then go back to normal.
  • C. Low FPS after X amount of time. (please tell us the time it starts to drop)

I'm experiencing "B." and I have experienced "A." in the past, but obviously the more serious issue is "B." since it is making the game unplayable (and I really wanna play, it's a ton of fun right now!)
Reply Quote
I did a SMC reset, as I've done in the past, and upon reloading the game, it was still slow on startup (problem A.) but after a few minutes of play the game is now maintaining 25fps even during combat, which is much better than dropping to less than 10fps whenever enemies appeared or abilities were used

this might help some other mac users out I hope

(I have a macbook pro 15" with the nvidia 330M card)
Reply Quote
B.
Reply Quote
Hey all,

Is this a case when:

I'm experiencing "B." and I have experienced "A." in the past, but obviously the more serious issue is "B." since it is making the game unplayable (and I really wanna play, it's a ton of fun right now!)

Same for me in France, I noticed the change this latest week-end, from "A" to "B" case. The framerate can bump at 60 FPS, but the game freezes when monsters load & spell cast. I have a MBP 17' 2010 / 2.66 i7 / 4GB / OSX 10.6.8.
Reply Quote
A, B, and I would say even D.

A & B are instances of 'crippling' fps, we're talking freeze like behavior down to 1-2 Frames. I've noticed D, but these fluctuations tend to be between 50 and 30 FPS, not cyclical drops down to 1 or 2 FPS.
Reply Quote
I've experienced both A and B.
But after I do a SMC reset, everything works normal until I let my MBP retina sleep/restart/shut down.
It is absolutely ridiculous that I have to do a SMC reset each time I wanna play. Please solve this issue asap.
Reply Quote
Machkhan,

1.0.5 made great strides in cutting down the stuttering, but it seems that somehow 1.0.6 brought about a regression back to the 1.0.3/1.0.4 stutter rates. I have no clue what changed, but I do know that the B option is the one I would definitely say describes the problem, only you don't have to be casting spells to see the effect - just running around to a part of the map that you haven't yet "seen" causes significant stutter in this patch.

Reply Quote
Hi,

I have B and D issues (but more often B)

Is there any command line that would run during we are playing : dump, capture, or anything else that would provide to support what was happening when FPS issues appear (may come from the ping that is slow, packet lost, problem with software when there is too much mobs,...), all indicators that may quick and clear information to solve this FPS issue.

Please help us to help you :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]