Diablo® III

Maintaining WotB minimum requirements

Thanks for the help, Koala. I went back to my ammy with 9% IAS for now but I'm still noticing that I just don't gain fury that fast, and I'm very good about keeping my globe under full and what not. I'll see a lot of barbs gaining fury just from their tornadoes in the non-elite mobs and I have trouble doing that. I'm wondering if this is because I have just over 50% CC and if I'm going to need more.

Or, maybe upping the MP level is the right fix. I've been trying to speed through runs though on lower MP's (2-3), but I swear I've seen similarly or better geared barbs maintaining their WotB even on the lower levels far better than I. I also feel that I'm doing everything right and perhaps my gear is limiting me elsewhere.
Reply Quote
Bump for previous post
Reply Quote
Thanks for the help, Koala. I went back to my ammy with 9% IAS for now but I'm still noticing that I just don't gain fury that fast, and I'm very good about keeping my globe under full and what not. I'll see a lot of barbs gaining fury just from their tornadoes in the non-elite mobs and I have trouble doing that. I'm wondering if this is because I have just over 50% CC and if I'm going to need more.

Or, maybe upping the MP level is the right fix. I've been trying to speed through runs though on lower MP's (2-3), but I swear I've seen similarly or better geared barbs maintaining their WotB even on the lower levels far better than I. I also feel that I'm doing everything right and perhaps my gear is limiting me elsewhere.

It's a combination of both. MP2-3 is too low for your gear, but your crit chance is also subpar. Pick up attack speed on one of your rings, add 8% crit chance or more on your amulet. And get lifesteal on your weapons. That meager amount of life on hit won't be doing anything for you.

Getting through low MP's with permanent wotb takes unusual focused gear choices, like using a mighty weapon mainhand and 5-piece IK. The reason no one does it anymore is because higher MP's have had their rewards buffed, particularly for coop games.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 8/22/2013 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Enhance

Your cc is a bit low -- get an ammy with 7%cc +. Beef up CC before you beef up IAS.

You should be good to go for perma-wrath. It's probably just a matter of practice with the build and learning to leave a few monsters alive to generate fury while you go to the next pack. Use animosity or superstition instead of brawler until you get better with the build.

Make sure you are spending fury down. Fury gain doesn't 'count' unless you are filling the globe. Mash battle rage to spend fury down when you get to a big pack.

Edit -- also upping MP will help a lot.
Edited by Jim#1333 on 8/22/2013 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the advice everybody. I think my current gear should be able to handle MP6, as I get through most of MP5 no problem unless there's a really nasty group of elites. I think glove crafting will be my main goal, try and get IAS and CC on those.
Reply Quote
I just started to tune up my Barb for MP10 playability and would like to share my experience on this topic.

There are perhaps many ways to maintain WOTB, but I still prefer the "Guitar Heroes Smashing Build" (Frenzy+HOTA). I realize the key to maintain WOTB in my build is Battle Rage skill - Into The Fray rune. The 4 key active skills here are 1) Frenzy, 2) HOTA - Smash, 3) Battle Rage - Into The Fray, 4) WOTB - Thrive On Chaos. The other 2 I would use 1 for running (Sprint) and the other for additional damage boost.

So far testing 1v1 Siegebreaker & Ghom on MP10 and I can just face tank them keeping WOTB alive. Both bosses cleared probably 1minute-odd (WOTB timer still not refreshed yet). Of course if you have higher DPS the faster.

Though it works great for bosses, it's harder to maintain similar standard for mass mobs but probably cuz of the fear on hit on Echoing Fury. Anyone has any good builds for mob runs?
Reply Quote
Great thread! Much appreciation for all of the shared information/strategy.

Been on D3 about 2 months now, (D2 vet since forever), and having much fun. Such a deep game for those like you who relish the finer details and calculating to the exact decimal point how best to set about acquiring the highest chance for the best possible drops.

I have neither the time nor focus to delve that deeply into the math some of you guys do, but nevertheless wish to get my characters and skills buffed to the point where I, too, can have a fair shot at earning a Hellfire ring, among other high rewards.

This ability to maintain WotB indefinitely is a new idea to me, and I am now inspired to give it a try. I think I understand the primary concept here, which is to select skills/runes that enable me to continuously generate Fury while the skill is activated so as to prolong it, and that topping off the Fury prevents more Fury from being generated, thereby "jamming" the process and hence the need to "dump" Fury by spamming Fury-hungry skills, etc.

If any of you pros have a moment, please look at my barb and perhaps recommend any skill changes or gear tweaks I might make. Don't really have the wealth right now to purchase much better gear than I currently have.

Also, many have mentioned farming MP0-10, but not mentioning any specific maps therein. What are some of your favorite maps, and levels, for either XP or higher % legendary drops? Thanks!
Reply Quote
Hey Crag, I'm not an expert, but I know there's some basic stats you need to shoot for.

First, you critical hit chance is too low. You're profile says your gear gives you 18.5% increase. You're probably going to want in the 35% increase range or more, at least that's what I've seen on a lot of other barbs.

Second, you need 24% increased movement speed. It looks like you have it on your boots but nowhere else. You can get it on either your pants or by picking up some Lacuni Prowlers.

Third, on your build, get rid of boon and replace with something like Superstition.

Fourth, you need to increase your attack speed to be 2.15 attacks per second unbuffed. WotB will boost your APS to 2.5.
Reply Quote
OK I did read through here and got some of the minimum requirement and so I have a question:

in SC my barb has dual-wield, 2.01 aps, 55cc unbuffed and perm-wrath is NO problem at all.
in HC my barb has one-h/shield, 1.93aps, 46cc unbuffed and perm-wrath is really hard!!

Could the 24movespeed be the difference? Certainly against elites I can keep up wrath much easier since they take long to kill. Is the 2.01 aps breakpoint critical? Or should I work on CC? Or should I work on getting some move speed so I can get to other mobs quicker? Thx !
Edited by sephonly#1904 on 11/27/2013 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
^It's the crit chance that's making the difference.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]