Diablo® III

I want 4CD come back,Please give it to us!

fk bz!caonima。
Reply Quote
wtf? maybe in english?

o en español?
Reply Quote
Yes, he means the original Vision Quest mechanic of having 4 skills on cooldown and getting 300% mana regen. IT was SOOOOOOO much easier to manage than the current VQ which makes you frantically deal with it every 4 seconds or lose it.
Reply Quote
Yes, he means the original Vision Quest mechanic of having 4 skills on cooldown and getting 300% mana regen. IT was SOOOOOOO much easier to manage than the current VQ which makes you frantically deal with it every 4 seconds or lose it.

There is no doubt that the old VQ was a better mana tool than the current one.

However, the concept of 4 abilities on CD, was simply a bad game design. Especially when most people use 2 attacks and 4 skills. It felt like a clunky mechanic that forced us to put escapes / utility on CD simply because we needed VQ rather than using them only when needed.

IE with old VQ you would drop BBV / Fetish army on trash just to get VQ.

Personally I agree that the old VQ needed to change, but dislike the new concept.

I think they should have based the new concept off the old one.

For every skill on cooldown, get X% increase in mana. X could be 15%, 20% I have no idea.
It could even scale. 10% for 1 ability. 25% for 2, 50% for 3, 100% for 4. (or something similar).

What i liked about VQ was that it had a penalty (skills on CD) and a great reward (4x mana)
Reply Quote
They could have left VQ exactly as it was : The most popular skill of the most unpopular Diablo 3 class.

And modified the Primary skills to increase mana regeneration by 30% for 5% directly without requiring Vision Quest.

That is what I would call a "buff", instead of the Vision Quest "redesign" which was nothing short of the biggest nerf any Diablo 3 class ever received.

A Witch Doctor nerf apparently done for the sake of introducing otherwise "overpowered" 1.0.4 legendary weapons that I'M NOT EVEN USING (and not because I can't afford them, but because I find the non legendary weapons to be better).
Reply Quote
the old VQ was trash and basically made u go one spec and take up 4 slots. there is more build diversity and more fun gameplay due to the 'redesign'. i personally dont want the old VQ back.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 11/28/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Soundb
the old VQ was trash and basically made u go one spec and take up 4 slots. there is more build diversity and more fun gameplay due to the 'redesign'. i personally dont want the old VQ back.

This.

Now, they can make the new VQ better. I think 30% is a bit too low considering it really only gives regen and nothing else. BR gives 1% life regen and SA doesn't have any "requirement" of using a Primary (that needs to land a hit).
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/28/2012 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Old VQ build was not about being a single build : It was about basing a wide diversity of builds on the VQ mana regeneration.

With the new VQ you have to include more mana regeneration in your equipment, more mana regeneration in your skills, and even then still include less mana consumption in your build, which instead of increasing build and equipment diversity contributes to reducing it.

As I said I don't mind increasing build diversity by ADDING alternatives to the many popular fun 1.0.3 VQ builds, but I do mind reducing build diversity by REPLACING the most popular 1.0.3 VQ based builds by lesser alternatives many players like me don't enjoy as much.

The counterpart for the multiple 1.0.4 nerfs were legendary weapons and pet fix : Legendary weapons are better replaced by non legendary weapons at high MP levels, and the 1.0.4 pet fix fails at high MP levels.

So at the end levels we end up with less build diversity, less non class specific equipment choice, struggling more for resource regeneration then any other class and pets still being useless on high end levels : Quadruple fail.

It may not show much on low MP levels which you can go farm with a crappy build and half your equipment slots empty, but it sure shows at the high end MP levels where sustained DPM becomes more important then the short bursts of DPS the 1.0.4 Witch Doctor has been reduced to.
Edited by Stranger#2443 on 11/28/2012 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
I enjoyed the old vq i would welcome it back. It wasn't about one spec that's just silly talk.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Soundb
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]