Diablo® III

Grave Injustice or Spiritual Attunement?

20% Mana and 1% per sec regen ... or 2% per kill? I have 20 p/u radius so I get it on every kill... but starting to think Attunement might be a better option.
Reply Quote
I've tried both before and have a pickup radius that is similar to yours, and I think GI would be better.

SA gives more mana and some regen, but SI gives 2% life AND 2% mana AND 1 sec cooldown reduction.
I can understand wanting more mana regen (I've been in situations where I wish I had more), but I find GI to be just too useful to NOT use.

On a related note: mana regen can be managed with equipment instead.
Just a thought.
Reply Quote
Once again, this totally depends on WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.

Grave Injustice is probably preferable with your massive 130k DPS, as it not only regens mana, it regens life, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, reduces cooldowns!
I'd drop Zombie Dogs for Grasp, Death is Life (Which gives you free dogs anyway).
Reply Quote
Once again, this totally depends on WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.

Grave Injustice is probably preferable with your massive 130k DPS, as it not only regens mana, it regens life, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, reduces cooldowns!
I'd drop Zombie Dogs for Grasp, Death is Life (Which gives you free dogs anyway).

Never considered grasp, thanks, seems like a good way to gain a slot. Just upgraded to trifecta gloves and crit lacunis (dropped 68mil just now) up to 150k dps now!
Reply Quote
View profile
You just increased your manage usage proportionally to the attack speed. So now that you've added the 16% attack speed from Lacunis and your gloves -- do you have enough mana?

If this is a low MP question then it doesn't matter.

If you are going into higher MPs then it may get more interesting for you.

Maybe you should lay off any more attack speed until you can balance your mana usage?

Just saying.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 11/28/2012 9:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
What Skywalkerfox said!

Low MPs GI is king... The cd reduction is just great! In higher MPs, when those ugly monsters just refuse to die quick enough, GI and GF become more and more useless. SA and BR get better ;-)

Oh, and another option for more mana is dropping dogs, taking sacrifice pride rund! Wait... Sacrifice without dogs!? Oo yep. Take circle of life, while farming, you usually should have enough dogs to blow up ^^ ...there should be no need for BR anymore! (Or do you NEED the life regen?)
Reply Quote
What Skywalkerfox said... Regarding AS!

Low MPs GI is king... The cd reduction is just great! In higher MPs, when those ugly monsters just refuse to die quick enough, GI and GF become more and more useless. SA and BR get better ;-)

Oh, and another option for more mana is dropping dogs, taking sacrifice pride rund! Wait... Sacrifice without dogs!? Oo yep. Take circle of life, while farming, you usually should have enough dogs to blow up ^^ ...there should be no need for BR anymore! (Or do you NEED the life regen?)
Reply Quote
GF is still good all the way until the end, not as good but it works. GI suffers when you can't kill things quick it enough which is a bummer. If I had to choose between GI/SA (and had PUR) I would go with GI hands down until it didn't work anymore. The cooldown reduction alone is worth it. The longer you are in spirit walk the longer you essentially are untouchable.
Reply Quote
Im farming MP3 now for fast XP and using BR+GI+SA. This Way I can spam bears and mana is not a big problem.

But if u go higher MP, GI is not an option.
Reply Quote
@skywalker

Doesn't high attack speed mean your casting faster, therefore monsters die faster? (Even though you drain your mana)

With low attack speed, you have lots of mana but you cast so much slower and mosnters take forever to die?

I thought most WD woudl want to maximise attack speed??
Reply Quote
@skywalker

Doesn't high attack speed mean your casting faster, therefore monsters die faster? (Even though you drain your mana)

With low attack speed, you have lots of mana but you cast so much slower and mosnters take forever to die?

I thought most WD woudl want to maximise attack speed??

Depends... Once you got enough damage, you can add as without trouble, sure. But as can be fake DPS...

So you look at two rings: 185 int, 32 cd
Other one just 85 int, no cd... But 9% as
Maybe in game the one with IAS may add more DPS, but is it the way to go??? You dish out way less damage per hit. Your base damage goes down and your crits deal less damage , too... In this case you blow your mana faster for less damage.

If the other ring had following stats: 185 int, 32 cd, and x% IAS... Sure, take it!

So an end game WD, who mostly maxed out cc, cd, in, base damage can maximize his as!
Reply Quote
View profile
@ Osterus

Slower weapons say like a Skorn cast slower (1 per second) but hit harder.

Faster weapons like Manajuma Kinife cast at 1.4 per second. So a Manajuma will cast 40% more often than a Skorn, to do the same damage as a Skorn, if they are of equal DPS.

Now add 16% more attack speed to the Manajuma. The Manajuma will now cast at 1.56 times per second.

So if you were going out of mana at 1.4 casts per second, and now your are casting faster, you will run out faster than before in proportion to the new attack speed.

This is the argument that surrounds attack speed. If you can't support a higher cast rate with mana, say the 16% in this example, then the only thing accomplished is faster casts to OOM.

If the higher cast rate is supported by mana e.g. you can cast as long or longer than when the AS was added, then people consider it to be true DPS.

If the cast rate isn't supported by mana, then the paper DPS argument is thrown around.

So if you are going to increase AS, you should increase mana generation to extend cast time and to increase your damage.

This example is based on a mana draining spell like bears. If you are just throwing primaries e.g. spiders, than the more AS the better because you never run out of mana.

Apologies to the OP - I don't know what your exact situation is, and this is just an example.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 11/29/2012 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
You just increased your manage usage proportionally to the attack speed. So now that you've added the 16% attack speed from Lacunis and your gloves -- do you have enough mana?

If this is a low MP question then it doesn't matter.

If you are going into higher MPs then it may get more interesting for you.

Maybe you should lay off any more attack speed until you can balance your mana usage?

Just saying.

I don't plan on adding any more IAS, 17% is enough for me, any more and I feel like it would just be wasted because of running OOM.

With the 4pc bonus from zuni's and the regen from offhand, I don't run out of mana much do to my passives with getting 10% per globe. I also use spiders for mana regen as needed.

I farm low mp a lot (mostly xp grinding) and use GI, this was more of a question for higher MP, say 8ish when I'm farming keys etc.

I know people around my gear level like to start dropping zuni pieces for better options, but I honestly don't see how anyone could live without the set bonuses. I plan to just upgrade them to the best rolls I can.
Edited by Toology#1713 on 11/29/2012 7:56 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]