Diablo® III

cm wiz help

Hello Fellow Wizards,
I wanted to build my wizard up again. Was looking for any pointers on what I should be shooting for.

Any minimum requirements to farm mp5 without any issues? I know I will have to upgrade a lot of pieces with all resist/vit/int as well as hit chc/chd/asi.

I've looked all around the forums and saw a couple breakpoints but nothing clicks in my head. Maybe im just too tired or stressed here at work and maybe a little confused. Any opinions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.
Reply Quote
Your stats look fine for MP5, except I dont see any LoH. You can get an easy 300-400 or so from grabbing a pair of Blackthorn pants, which should be sufficient for MP5.

I'd recommend using the full SNS build for MP5 because it's much higher than your current build. If you swap to a storm crow also, you can probably run MP6 decently also, though your dps will make it or higher MPs a bit less efficient, and you'll lose a bit of dps from switching to the storm crow.
Reply Quote
Your stats look fine for MP5, except I dont see any LoH. You can get an easy 300-400 or so from grabbing a pair of Blackthorn pants, which should be sufficient for MP5.

I'd recommend using the full SNS build for MP5 because it's much higher than your current build. If you swap to a storm crow also, you can probably run MP6 decently also, though your dps will make it or higher MPs a bit less efficient, and you'll lose a bit of dps from switching to the storm crow.

Appreciate the update and advice. This may be very noobish of me but I'm not familiar with "SNS."

I will look into the upgrades mentioned. Thank you.
Reply Quote
SNS Is shocknadoshards, the CMWW build that uses shocking aspect over energy armor with diamond shards rune on DS. The basic skills are
WW
EB - CR (other runes work too, but CR is most popular)
Frost Nova - bone chill (15% extra damage while frozen)
DS - DS
Storm Armor - Shocking Aspect
EXTRA SKILL (typically teleport for survival or faster runs, or Magic Weapon for more dps, or Slow Time for extra group damage)

Passives:
Cold Blooded
Evocation
CM

When farming, if you find survivability an issue, first swap DS rune to Crystal shell. If it's still an issue, lower the MP level because it's not worth dropping shocking aspect. It does a lot of dps and makes farming much more efficient.
Reply Quote
SNS Is shocknadoshards, the CMWW build that uses shocking aspect over energy armor with diamond shards rune on DS. The basic skills are
WW
EB - CR (other runes work too, but CR is most popular)
Frost Nova - bone chill (15% extra damage while frozen)
DS - DS
Storm Armor - Shocking Aspect
EXTRA SKILL (typically teleport for survival or faster runs, or Magic Weapon for more dps, or Slow Time for extra group damage)

Passives:
Cold Blooded
Evocation
CM

When farming, if you find survivability an issue, first swap DS rune to Crystal shell. If it's still an issue, lower the MP level because it's not worth dropping shocking aspect. It does a lot of dps and makes farming much more efficient.

Thank you for the break down. Really appreciate it.
I'll try that out once I get home tonight.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
SNS guide:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200301791
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]