Diablo® III

What is a black weapon

Seriously what do people mean by black weapons and why are they good ?
A good explanation would be much appreciated.
Reply Quote
A weapon with no elemental damage. I kind of understand why they're good for certain things but will let someone who knows more speak to that.
Reply Quote
black weapon is good, if you have items with elemental damage.

for e.g. Triumvirate which
- Adds 5-6% to Fire Damage
- Adds 5-6% to Lightning Damage
- Adds 5-6% to Arcane Damage

assume you got a 5/5/5 that's 15% boost to your damage.

and if the weapon is non black weapon (meaning the weapon is built-in with a elemental damage, then you will get 15% - elemental dmg on weapon in dps increase)
Edited by Veda#6820 on 11/30/2012 12:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
See my weapon? Its all +min/+max/%damage. No poison/other elemental damage, etc. This is a black weapon.

See my Triumvirate? Those mods "+6%/5%/6% to Fire/Light/Arcane. Those % only get applied to your base BLACK damage (non elemental). So, in order to take advantage of them best, you need a black weapon.

Tals amulet, Zuni boots, Stone of Jordan all have % elemental bonuses, and to get the most out of them, you need a black weapon.

Its called black because of the background color behind it. Poison weapons are green, arcane are purple, etc. Pure Physical weapons are black.
Reply Quote
Ah okay I get it now thanks for the all the help, last question would be
is a black weapon good way to roll for a archon wiz ?
Reply Quote
absolutely. raw dps at its highest form is always the best for archon builds while maintaining decent livability, depending on the mp. Like people have said earlier, a high dmg triumvirate would be the best choice.
Reply Quote
Thanks now if i can sell my chantodo's set and replace them lol.
Reply Quote
"and if the weapon is non black weapon (meaning the weapon is built-in with a elemental damage, then you will get 15% - elemental dmg on weapon in dps increase)"

sorry, trying to understand this part

i'm using chantodo set, but i don't see the fire elemental dmg in %

if i'm using storm crow , add 8% lighting dmg

8% - (what number here?)
Reply Quote
(471+274) / 2 = 372.5
Reply Quote
got it.. thanks!
Reply Quote
"and if the weapon is non black weapon (meaning the weapon is built-in with a elemental damage, then you will get 15% - elemental dmg on weapon in dps increase)"

sorry, trying to understand this part

i'm using chantodo set, but i don't see the fire elemental dmg in %

if i'm using storm crow , add 8% lighting dmg

8% - (what number here?)

Please read up this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413082606?page=1
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 12:50 AMPosted by BlueKnight
Thanks now if i can sell my chantodo's set and replace them lol.

What do you plan to use? If you use CM/WW, Chant set is the most suitable. If you do Archon or Kite. then Trium is better. It's not simple sheet DPS, because your effective DPS (the total damage you do in battle) will be affected by your choice of build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]