Diablo® III

What is the #1 feature you want to see in D3?

(Locked)

1) gear lock
2) crafting
3) more zone options

Going be shameless here although it is not a feature technically.... BLUFFS TO THE MONK CLASS!!!
11/30/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I always find it interesting seeing what features appeal to each player and their different preferences and playstyles. Even in this thread alone, there are quite a variety of different answers and ideas and some of these are very much on our radar. We definitely appreciate the continued feedback, and aim to make Diablo III the best game it can possibly be. :)

Better crafting: 1.07
PvP: 1.1

That's it though right?

Kidding.. looking forward to the changes we see in the future :)
I always find it interesting seeing what features appeal to each player and their different preferences and playstyles. Even in this thread alone, there are quite a variety of different answers and ideas and some of these are very much on our radar. We definitely appreciate the continued feedback, and aim to make Diablo III the best game it can possibly be. :)

Vaeflare,
Don't you think that its about time we got some feedback on the development side of things. If nothing else maybe a short overview of what direction things are going. Its hard to even tell your friends to start playing again because we as the player base have no knowledge of whats being improved or added. Therefore it makes it extremely difficult to say this game is improving and going in a direction that is more entertaining and fun to the average everyday player.
Please at least tell us why you guys are not keeping your player base informed. Anyway i would like to see a development blog even if it is extremely minimal and vague at least its something.
Edited by Landshark#1725 on 11/30/2012 6:01 PM PST
Hero paths like you can specialize in 2 handed dps, tank etc. So instead of 4 classes that are all the same you can have multiple paths in one class.
View profile

Thanks Vaeflare :)
View profile
I know I will probably get told "this is not WoW" by some, but how about enchanting lol?

If disenchanting was added as well, it would be another thing to use "useless gear" for.

That or they could just use the same mats you get from salvaging I guess.
Edited by MagusHenosis#1202 on 11/30/2012 6:06 PM PST
ID All and more end game.
11/30/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Darcarius
Item sink in softcore

+1

I'd really like to see certain items be "bind on equip".

Maybe not on equip, but on purchase. Buy something either for gold or cash and it binds. Sink and would get rid of flippers.

My number one though...Hm... I tried to get a friend back into it, and all we did was the same thing. Just him and I running through the same parts of act3...too busy running or attacking to stop and talk. I think being able to switch between acts in the same game would be neat. Of course to do that the way public games are found would need an overhaul. The in-game voice chat like wow has is a decent idea also.
i wanted that auction house bookmark functions
all great ideas, but imho i think the biggest thing this game needs is more user-end customization

it's not too late for them to add in skill/stat points (i would prefer skill>stats but happy with either)

and to clarify not just for skills but for runes as well.

or they could leave skills as auto and just give us rune pts, many ways to go about it. but i just hope over time they do this because as is everyone running around with the same skills is just boring.

at least if we have skill/rune pts, my ww build will be different than the next guy.

he put 5pts on RLTW while i on ww, or bash, or WOTB. whatever YOU want!

it would bring back so much fun/interesting builds in the game.
View profile
all great ideas, but imho i think the biggest thing this game needs is more user-end customization

it's not too late for them to add in skill/stat points (i would prefer skill>stats but happy with either)

and to clarify not just for skills but for runes as well.

Given the number of times that I alone have seen skill points suggested, I would think that the devs are at least aware of the idea at this point. Again I think it's a great idea, but have no clue if they would ever actually do it or not.
Edited by MagusHenosis#1202 on 11/30/2012 6:34 PM PST
A vastly improved crafting & itemization system.
Edit: Endless Dungeon/Horde mode would be frickin sweet!

- More/Varied Loot - Better Legendaries, Runes, Runewords, Jewels, Charms, more variety, interesting stats/builds. Maybe 7 or 8 affixes on items? Didn't Runewords in D2 have like 50 affixes?

- Buffed Skills - And I do mean BUFFED. There are a lot of useless runes, and a just a lot of useless skills altogether that nobody bothers using. Ideally, changing a skill set should make you AT LEAST as powerful as the optimal skills you were already using, just powerful in a DIFFERENT way.

- Drop Quality - Wizard Helms with Dex? DH Cloaks with Int? 99.99% of loot is a complete write-off without even having to think about it. Even "Legendary" items can be rendered absolute trash with a Pickup Radius or Health Globe Bonus

- World PvP - Whatever PvP system they've been trying to cook up for the past several years obviously isn't going to work. Arena 2v2? Nobody wants that crap. I want to stab people who tick me off in-game.

- Stop Exploiters - Captchas to stop bots from playing games, longer timer on trade windows to prevent scamming

- Remove RMAH - The dollar value intrinsically associated with every item drop did more damage and cost this game more players than every other flaw combined. Removing RMAH hurts botters, hurts gold farmers, fights account theft, will reduce inflation, and will help make the game more playable for those who never bought gold, botted, AH flipped, etc. As soon as money is removed from the equation, Diablo 3 starts being a GAME

sums up most ideas I feel, with the RMAH being No1

- World PvP - Whatever PvP system they've been trying to cook up for the past several years obviously isn't going to work. Arena 2v2? Nobody wants that crap. I want to stab people who tick me off in-game.

- Stop Exploiters - Captchas to stop bots from playing games, longer timer on trade windows to prevent scamming

World PvP would cut bots down considerably...
Comprehensive tooltips-slash-full player guide. Having to figure out all the skill interactions by hands gets a little overwhelming.
View profile

World PvP would cut bots down considerably...

In general I would just really like to see some form of world PVP. I think that the ability to "go hostile" alone would do a lot for this. But what I really want is some kind of "battleground" style large PVP zone.

Can you imagine like 10 vs 10 capture the flag, similar to Warsong Gulch in WoW? Some of my best times I ever had in PVP were in that place, and I played it going back to very early TBC.

And a Stonefort PVP zone, I mean my god that would be so awesome.

Well I can dream at least, and who knows they might add something like this some day.

Ya I know, I know, this isn't WoW!

Please forgive me lol.
1) gear lock
2) crafting.
3) more zone options (altered, being able to zone quickly, act 1 act 2 act 3 act 4 act 5???

4) One time only quests like Charsi socket quest.
5) More randomization, easy to get lost in d2.

6) This seems to affect me more than most it seems, but the lag. How could I make 5 lvl 80+ HC chars in d2 with a 56k connection. Running min 5mbps and it still lags.

Here is my one and only last breath...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004016367
Edited by OldSchool#1359 on 11/30/2012 6:51 PM PST
Truly random maps
More types of gems
Jews
Runes
More item affixes

yeah, we need more Jews !
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]