Diablo® III

100K DPS/100K HP Club: Show off your build..

11/30/2012 03:42 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo

Who are you to tell someone how or how not to build their DH. You have a level 29 DH, you know absolutely nothing about that class. Although I'm not exactly a tank, I know plenty of DH who has successful tank builds.

Link me to high level tank DH builds. I thought 1.04 killed off all tank DHs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712881277
Reply Quote
Burp
Reply Quote

Well, I suppose if you're just looking for a different (and inefficient) way to play your DH, I understand using that build. Even the OP of that thread says it's not efficient, just a stress-free style of gameplay. I can live with that, but I will say you really picked the wrong class if your play style is facetanking.

I'm enjoying it just fine, thank you very much.
Reply Quote
100k+ barb 65 para
100k+ wd 25 para

check profile if you really care to see the builds.
Reply Quote

You aren't a tank DH. But even if you are and you enjoy it, more power to you. I'm happy you're happy. I'm just saying if you want to facetank, DH is not the class to go. Are you really debating this?

The way I play, I actually stand there and facetank, even @ MP9. I rarely die, and I know for a fact that if i sacrifice eHP for more DPS, I wouldn't be able to play the way I like to, facetanking mobs with gloom at high MP levels. I'm just saying everyone has their own preference of playing their characters.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Spartacus
In :)

This is the most doing it right DH I've ever seen in my fricken LIFE! (pun intended)
Reply Quote

You aren't a tank DH. But even if you are and you enjoy it, more power to you. I'm happy you're happy. I'm just saying if you want to facetank, DH is not the class to go. Are you really debating this?

Whoopadeedoo please just s t f u... spartacus' DH is 314 in the WORLD for PvP score... you are over 10000. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about... PvP cannot come soon enough so idiots like this will seriously get owned.
Edited by kush#1208 on 11/30/2012 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would also like to say that HP isn't everything, eHP is more important than 100K HP, 100K HP with barely any AR or Armor is essentially as good as having none at all.

OP you should rephrase your Topic to eHP instead of HP, and I would use a 1:4 or 5 ratio between DPS and EHP for every 1 dps you should have 4 or 5 eHP so in your care I would say 400k eHP/100K DPS Club.

And I still understand all those crazy high proc classes might say I dont need 400Kehp @ 100K dps or w/e but if you could mitigate LoS/LH with your crazy high proc rates into eHP you would see that you probably over the 1:4-5 ratio.

I would also like to say that HP isn't everything, eHP is more important than 100K HP, 100K HP with barely any AR or Armor is essentially as good as having none at all.

OP you should rephrase your Topic to eHP instead of HP, and I would use a 1:4 or 5 ratio between DPS and EHP for every 1 dps you should have 4 or 5 eHP so in your care I would say 400k eHP/100K DPS Club.

And I still understand all those crazy high proc classes might say I dont need 400Kehp @ 100K dps or w/e but if you could mitigate LoS/LH with your crazy high proc rates into eHP you would see that you probably over the 1:4-5 ratio.

I think the argument initially started by you defending that HP>mitigation. Which I'm sure you weren't, becuase everyone knows you still need to balance ur mitigation before you can step up ur HP. But you made it sound like HP's all you need.

Probably just worded wrong.

And rememebr, not everyone has 1k dollars to blow on RMAH for crazy gear with max mitigation AND vit. If there has to be a choice it would be Mitigation>HP. Only need enough HP for a safezone to fall back on. Mainly for unable to leach health situations.
Edited by Deathsession#1153 on 11/30/2012 4:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 03:42 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo

Who are you to tell someone how or how not to build their DH. You have a level 29 DH, you know absolutely nothing about that class. Although I'm not exactly a tank, I know plenty of DH who has successful tank builds.

Link me to high level tank DH builds. I thought 1.04 killed off all tank DHs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7253855616
Reply Quote

Well, I suppose if you're just looking for a different (and inefficient) way to play your DH, I understand using that build. Even the OP of that thread says it's not efficient, just a stress-free style of gameplay. I can live with that, but I will say you really picked the wrong class if your play style is facetanking.

have you ever tried a DH or ranged char on MP10? good luck trying to keep the mobs off you. Not even 500k dps DH can kill before being touched.
Reply Quote
While kind of excessive and self-pandering - I'll join this club : just got a new cknife and witching hour to easily jump over the 100k dps mark.

It has to be said though - dps is not the be all and end all - being able to safely and efficiently deal the maximum damage possible at all times is significantly more important - if you can do this then 100k+ dps is just gravy
Edited by PeeTrain#1896 on 11/30/2012 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

have you ever tried a DH or ranged char on MP10? good luck trying to keep the mobs off you. Not even 500k dps DH can kill before being touched.

I know. But 100k+ hp is a huge health pool safety net that even DHs here with 100K hp say they don't need most of the time or they are using hp to facetank. I'm just saying 100K hp isn't the only or best way for any class, even DH, to gain eHP. The OP's goal (100K DPS/100K HP) doesn't make any sense to me. It's also my personal opinion that DH are inherently not the ideal class to build a facetank character. More power to any DH that wants to play as a tank and I totally understand not wanting to level up another class. But starting from scratch, there are far better tank classes than DH.

BTW, you know why I gave up leveling my DH? Because I discovered that I do not want to kite in D3. I just want to facetank. I'm good at kiting (former 1K+ master SC2 player) but that's not why I play D3. So I rolled up my WD instead because it's a far better facetanker.

DH with proper build post 1.05 patch can facetank with the best of them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Used to play a Tank Witch Doctor when Public Games were available and Inferno was actually hard and you had to be a tank just to survive. I never stopped upgrading his tank set and currently he is 55th EHP "tankiest WD" in the world. Just waiting waiting for MP 10 Public games to arrive so I can tank again ... http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/brujeria-1444/Brujeria/2039649 They don't call me "The Beast From the Middle East" for nothing!!
Reply Quote
I love running my face tank dh. I can mow down enemies in mp3 for mf runs np and whenever I want to do some mp7-8, i hardly have to worry about damage. Shoot, if i could get a more decent ring and amulet, I'd have 150k dps and 70k hp. I feel like my AR and armor is a little low though for what I'd like.
Also, with the build I run, I constantly have enough discipline for shadow power too.
I'll bet we'll see more tank builds for all classes with pvp whenever that decides to be ready.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]