Diablo® III

My character looks stupid

(Locked)

I totally support this idea, my monk looks really terrible in BiS gear.
Blackthorne's pants and Nat's chest on a DH with Vile Ward? My guy looks like a pre-teen.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ive edited my first post to includes links to pictures in the thread. thanks to the contributors
Yeah I made a similar topic about this. Helms don't cover the back of your head (IK, Andy, Mempo) so they just look like party masks. Tyrael's is just balor armor, which is amazingly lazy by the devs, who don't even use unique armor. Armor doesn't look like ARMOR, it's cloth and rags and body tattoos...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2012 05:00 PMPosted by puggleman
Yeah I made a similar topic about this. Helms don't cover the back of your head (IK, Andy, Mempo) so they just look like party masks. Tyrael's is just balor armor, which is amazingly lazy by the devs, who don't even use unique armor. Armor doesn't look like ARMOR, it's cloth and rags and body tattoos...

god bless you. thnx for making similar topics, we need to spread the word. you are 100% right about the helms not coverin the back of the head and looking like masks
90 Blood Elf Paladin
alive
View profile
BUMP

My wizard with blackthornes chest looks cool. All Black.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
good morning
I have bought the collector's edition of D3 and I can't use the special dyes because legendary items are coded badly? What good is a special item if I can't use it? What have I paid money for?
this is what it actually looks like . . .
http://oi47.tinypic.com/24m6lbq.jpg

Ya your Barb looks a wee bit like a fruit with that armor set up.

This is just another example of careless laziness on the devs part. It's the little details that matter, and they seem to have ignored every one of them at every single turn.

"So guys how do you want the classes to look?"

"Well it's too much work to implement armor skins/dyes even despite us making over $700 million on the game. We don't think it's a good idea to allow people to customize their characters"

"Ya I agree, it's better if all classes just look identical, it's more diverse that way"
View profile
I want to wear a helm and shoulders with LESS stats just so I don't look like a complete jackass.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
this is what it actually looks like . . .
http://oi47.tinypic.com/24m6lbq.jpg

This is just another example of careless laziness on the devs part. It's the little details that matter, and they seem to have ignored every one of them at every single turn.

"Well it's too much work to implement armor skins/dyes even despite us making over $700 million on the game. We don't think it's a good idea to allow people to customize their characters"

"Ya I agree, it's better if all classes just look identical, it's more diverse that way"

you should listen to jay wilson's answer when he was asked why there is no character customization. "it was a lot of work with very little benefit"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCAtyuSleTk go to 4:15 mark
Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure one of the developers must be secretly into that fetish kind of thing. I thought the male DH looked pretty gay as well so I switched to a female DH who is much hotter.
I just wanna change my monks stupid balding beardy head :(
you should listen to jay wilson's answer when he was asked why there is no character customization. "it was a lot of work with very little benefit"

He was referring to the appearance of your character's body, not their armor, and saying that customizing your beard or skin color wasn't very beneficial because in the end, you'd be wearing a helmet and armor that would cover your hair, face, and body. And this is true with regards to legendary items, which cannot be dyed, so you can't see your character's body. However, if they had made ALL armor customizable, instead of only non-legendary armor, then his statement wouldn't be true. Here in 1.0.6, when everyone goes for practically the same gear set for their respective character, being able to customize legendaries would go a LONG way in terms of character uniqueness.

I honestly can't imagine how such a respected company didn't see this in advance. Sure, it's one thing if your character is using a different skill set -- this adds uniqueness. But if everyone looks the same, you're not going to feel like an individual, no matter how unique your build is.
View profile
I don't even know why legendaries weren't able to be dyed in the first place. Half of them are just recycled regular armor.

Ya thats um.... pretty ridiculous. Character customization.. I really think they meant the finished product Jay, not the features underneath the armor you'd never see.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]