Diablo® III

Inna's Favor vs Witching Hour

View profile
When using black damage xbows.
Reply Quote
well from messing around on a ehp/dps calculator witching hour still helps more but idk seeing as i only have innas
Reply Quote
Innas will beat out most Witching hour or equal if you take the 130 dex set bonus into consideration. Only really well rolled WH beats Inna's belt in dps.
Reply Quote
It depends on the stats of the belt and your stats. A witching hour has the potential to be better than inna's favor, but that doesn't make it better in general. I replaced my old witching hour with 70 dex 9as 35 crit dmg with 92 dex inna's favor for 130 dex bonus and gained a few thousand dps. Then I just recently replaced my inna's favor with a witching hour with 99 dex, 8as, and 42 crit dmg and gained 6k dps after losing the 130 dex dex. Your best bet is use a dps calculator because there many variables that affect your dps gain, just remember to add the 130 dex bonus if the calculator doesn't do it already
Edited by Enveos#1991 on 12/1/2012 1:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
12/01/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Enveos
It depends on the stats of the belt and your stats. A witching hour has the potential to be better than inna's favor, but that doesn't make it better in general. I replaced my old witching hour with 70 dex 9as 35 crit dmg with 92 dex inna's favor for 130 dex bonus and gained a few thousand dps. Then I just recently replaced my inna's favor with a witching hour with 99 dex, 8as, and 42 crit dmg and gained 6k dps after losing the 130 dex dex. Your best bet is use a dps calculator because there many variables that affect your dps gain, just remember to add the 130 dex bonus if the calculator doesn't do it already

I use d3bit when making purchases and only the best witching hours i.e 300 mill and over give me a significant upgrade on my Inna's I got for about 1/8th of that price. The % boost to holy damage is very beneficial when using black dmg. I mostly made this thread just to see the opinions of those who have tried both and the see the differences they observed.
Reply Quote
Well my windforce is black damage so i can base this off that. My witching hour adds more a TON more damage then my monks perfectly dex rolled innas belt i sold recently.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/01/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Dragon
Well my windforce is black damage so i can base this off that. My witching hour adds more a TON more damage then my monks perfectly dex rolled innas belt i sold recently.

I guess dual wielding affects the dps loss/gain more than I thought.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 01:55 AMPosted by BurningJC007

I guess dual wielding affects the dps loss/gain more than I thought.

What i always do is link an item in chat, then make a game and click on the item. It'll tell your stat gains and losses. No need to use an apps or calculators to check.
Reply Quote

What i always do is link an item in chat, then make a game and click on the item. It'll tell your stat gains and losses. No need to use an apps or calculators to check.

that's the one thing you SHOULDN'T do with inna's! as it doesnt take set bonuses into account

o/
Reply Quote

I bought one to try out that said almost 10k gain but it was actually a DPS loss of about 900. Like others have said it takes a higher end WH to beat Inna DPS wise.

Where WH does win though is EHP. You can get one that does about the same damage + two EHP modifiers where Inna only has 1 random
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Dragon
My witching hour adds more a TON more damage then my monks perfectly dex rolled innas belt i sold recently.

This. Only time I see Inna's (including set bonus) being better than WH is if you are dealing with a top of the line Inna's and a bottom of the barrel WH.

I had a great Inna's belt (and the pants I still have now for bonus), got a low dex, high int, 41% CD 9% AS WH drop and tried it on. After losing the 130 dex bonus, I gained several thousand dps. Maybe 7k iirc. That wasn't even a great WH...
Reply Quote
If you use a purely physical damage weapon, and if you have min-max damage on jewelry, inna's is a lot better for the price. I'd need a 100+ dex witching hour with 9 IAS and 50 crit damage to gain more dps. And then it'd have to have res to replace what I've lost.
Reply Quote
also worth mentioning that wh ups your DPS because of the attack speed, but not your actual damage per shot.

if you're going for super high attack speed and paper dps, WH is the way to go. if you're more of a nuker (spike trap/cluster bombs/multi shot), inna's is better because of the % elemental and 130 dex, and the 1cc

ymmv
o/
Reply Quote
If you are using a physical damage weapon (I assume this is what you meant by "black damage") the potential of the innas vs wh in pure dps inna's will consistantly loose at lower end total gear and will consistently win at higher end gear. unless you are spending 100mil+ on a perfect rolled WH.
Reply Quote
No one has mentioned this before, but I think the WH has much higher eHP potential than the Inna's (though of course getting both eHP + high DPS is going to be pricey), if you care about that sort of thing which I know not everyone does.

At a low price point, I think the Inna's is better though.
Edited by skp#1805 on 12/1/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have tested a WH vs my Inna's belt. Tried one with 9 attack speed and 50 Crit Damage. When you link it the link does not take into account the set bonus but when I put it on the Inna still beats it out in the DPS department. I think that may have been because I did not have a ton of Dex on the WD that I tested. Not sure, I will have another look at it at another time.

It would need 150 dex and high CD and Attack Speed to beat out the Inna though and that is a pretty pricey.
Reply Quote
Inna's favor can't roll Dex + Vit + AR.

WH do, with on top that CD and IAS.

Sure you will lose some DPS (lost 2K Dps myself) but since 1.0.5, going all DPS is not an option any more unless you want to staty in lower MP's
Reply Quote
Inna's favor can't roll Dex + Vit + AR.

WH do, with on top that CD and IAS.

Sure you will lose some DPS (lost 2K Dps myself) but since 1.0.5, going all DPS is not an option any more unless you want to staty in lower MP's

Dex/vit/AR is valuable for sure.

I don't know how people are losing damage with WH, but I think it is because their CC is low to begin with. If CC is high, adding CD is fruitful. If CC is low, all the CD in the world won't help much.

And having 9% AS is not just paper. More attacks a more attacks, paper dps aside. Faster hatred regen through faster attacks means more frequent hate dumping. Faster attacks means more frequent procs for Nightstalker to regain discipline. All important things, but again, if you CC is low to begin with, the attack speed probably won't help you much. The flat dex stacking is better. It's likely that is what so many people are experiencing.
Reply Quote
I would recommend Inna's for most dh on budget, only the seasoned dh with decent gold pool to spend can take their time picking up a well rolled, balanced WH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]