Diablo® III

Inna's Favor vs Witching Hour

I think it goes like this:

Best Rolled Witching Hour>>Best Rolled Inna's>>Decent Inna's>>Decent Witching Hour
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 12/1/2012 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
depend on gear. Wf and calamity user usually favour inna.

Manticore user should favour wh
Reply Quote
i lose dps with every WH that doesnt basically have 75+ dex or perfect ias/crit +50 roll.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/01/2012 10:46 PMPosted by holycrawler
i lose dps with every WH that doesnt basically have 75+ dex or perfect ias/crit +50 roll.

Same here
Reply Quote
Its hard for me to find a WH to replace my Inna's: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Varmillion-1235/hero/24858438

Not one that isn't absurdly priced anyways.
Reply Quote
I guess it depends on your setup. When I plug holycrawler's inna's I get inna's at +96.88 dps but -44,206.53 eHP (-62,878.43 with dodge).

When I plug in BurningJC007's I get -749.14 dps and -23,725.57 eHP (-19,716.53 with dodge).

Of course I have a xbow with very low black damage (it was a drop so I can't really complain), and those numbers would perform better if I had a higher dps xbow. But even with more dps the eHP hit is quite large, especially when you consider that I have a witching hour that is very very very far from max values (both for dps and eHP).

Edit: one other thing that is disadvantageous to the inna's is if you get it and haven't found anything better than inna's pants, then you remove the option to get an inna's vast expanse for your chest. Inna's generally roll better eHP on a price basis than Nat's... again, not everyone cares about eHP so if that's not your cup of tea then no big deal there.
Edited by skp#1805 on 12/2/2012 1:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Inna's wins because you get pretty golden explosions everytime you kill a mob. For my setup, the only Witching Hour that is a dps upgrade needs to be 160+ dex with near perfect 9/50 ias/cd.

Seriously though you can't really compare these two items in a vacuum, you need to compare different gear setups that use these two items. If you change one item you'll probably want to swap several others around to make sure you're grabbing all the set bonuses, for example,

Nat ring + Nat cloak + Inna's belt + Inna's pants

Nat ring + Nat boots + Witching hour + Inna's chest + Inna's pants

There are enough possible valid item combinations that the right answer is honestly more complicated than you think - there are so many different ways to juggle the various set bonuses and best in slot items. Apart from the two examples above, I can probably list more than 10 off the top of my head, and you need to account for things like what stat goals you're aiming for, how much gold you have available to spend, etc.

The best thing you can do is grab yourself a dps calculator or a spreadsheet and test different combinations of gear to see which one is most effective for you.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 12/2/2012 1:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
a 13x dex 9 ias 4X cri damage wh boost my dps by 11K, but it was before the dex reduction

so it gives me 3-4K dps.... and it cost 10 times of the inna i am wearing
Reply Quote
I got an Inna's Favor earlier. Tried swapping it on my current WH. Gave me + 5k damage + 0.2 protection. That is without counting the +8% to holy damage. All in all I can feel a significant impact on my damage output. Despite loosing the AIS and CD of WH.

My WH is decent enough if you're going to check my profile. But it seems like Inna's Favor just outclassed it this time.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 12/3/2012 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Most of u say inna better than wh. Im just confused. Is ias & cd & triple stat roll better than 130dex & 8% damage increase?

I always favor ias because u get more resource from more hit (more crit for discipline regen, hatred regen) . More disciplin means skills for offense n defence.

Im using wh now just coz it helps me reach attack speed of 3

I cant decide lol
Reply Quote
It depends on the rest of your gear setup, you need that balance and synergy. As a standalone item, I'd take a well rolled WH any day of the week. Even when I was using Inna's back in the day, a nice WH gave me more gains than my Inna pants+belt combo.

So to answer your question, it all comes down to the specific belt you've got in question, but a top tier WH can beat out Inna's, even with the set bonus.

Plug it in your calculator of choice and let that decide.
Edited by Beast#1449 on 12/3/2012 6:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Or if you go with a inna's chest like me, you don't gain from the inna's belt bonus...
Reply Quote
I think it also comes down to play style. I have some IAS, but since i moslty use spike trap, IAS doesnt matter to me that much. I use bat and vengeance for hatred regen and do not use a hatred generator unless im doing ubers. Im at 555 crit damage, and my crits kill everything, so I prefer having the crit chance, dex, and damage from Innas.
Reply Quote
You can get okay dex and vit or life% on it, you can get 50%cd, you can get 9% as, you can get 80 allres.
Pretty much sums up which belt is better in general dont it ?
But if ur short on cash innas is obviously the better choice
Edited by Vipala#2968 on 12/5/2012 5:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
You can get okay dex and vit or life% on it, you can get 50%cd, you can get 9% as, you can get 80 allres.

Not really, if you dual wield and have high physical damage, it takes a really godly witching hour to beat the Inna's belt.
Reply Quote

Not really, if you dual wield and have high physical damage, it takes a really godly witching hour to beat the Inna's belt.

I sold off my witching hour as it gave me less survivability and less attack than my current inna. It only roll about 60 dex with no AR, vitality or life% although the CD is decent at 47%
Reply Quote
The honest truth is that it takes a very good WH to beat out a decent inna's belt. Mine, for example, isn't anything too special, but I've been checking WHs frequently and found that very few can compete with it. I tested ones up to 150m just now and found the best one in that price bracket gave me a 2k DPS loss and a 15k eHP boost. The only way I'll ever move to a WH is if I go all out. That means high dex, near max AS and CD, AR and vit. Anything else just won't give me enough of a gain to warrant the cost.

ARG's story about gaining 7k DPS by getting a low dex 41%CD 9%AS WH seems odd, especially since he's using a calamity. I had one like that in the past and gained about 7k DPS when I switched out of it to get inna's, and that was while using a manticore. From what I know, inna's should be even more effective for calamity and WF users since inna's gets it's holy bonus from non-elemental damage. Having said that, if I could get one like ARG is currently wearing, I'd use it for sure. That's the sort of eHP I'd be looking to get out of a belt if I was going to a WH.
Reply Quote
Personally, I stuck on a 100 dex, 48% CD, 9% Aspd Witching Hour, and I only gained ~1.5k dps ontop of my current Inna's Favor. :(

I admit, the Aspd gain is awesome though.....however, I spike around too often for it to be super effective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]