Diablo® III

Is my account flagged for getting bad drops?

Everyone is so bored they keep coming back to this thread.Funny stuff.
Reply Quote
LOL. I can't believe how many people think that drops are fixed because they're not getting godly drops. Seriously, if godly drops happened as much as you *think* they should, guess what? They would just be bad/average drops and you'd be right back here again complaining about how you're not getting any godly drops. Godly drops are godly because they're hard to come by, not because everyone can poop one out whenever they feel like it. Hell, the same thing applies to GOOD drops.

I found Zuni's Marrow the week before 1.05 that sold for 90m (on the low end of what it was worth at the time, but still in the range). I think we can all agree that something that sells for 90m is a pretty decent item. Well, everyone complained about drops being fixed and that they weren't getting any good drops so Blizz upped drop rates with 1.05. Guess how much that same chest piece is worth today? About 10-15m. Why? Because what was once somewhat rare is now common. So yes, if they upped the drop rates, you guys would be right back here in a month complaining about how you're not getting anything "good" again.
Reply Quote
RNG is RNG
Reply Quote
I didnt want to use the silver hat. But something happened here, as many of you, I was getting 1-2 legendaries per run.

Now, It's been a few days with no drops at all. It is very frustrating to get more plvls, more MF and no legendaries. I dont feel like farming or even playing anymore, good job blizz
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Otis
OK so I am fairly drunk on cheap whisky at the moment......

You display a lot of the classic behaviors of a person afflicted with alcoholism. I am concerned about your health. Please get the help you need.

I am sorry. He is exactly right.
The only way to enjoy D3 is being drunk.
Playing sober will get you frustrated and depressed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Thank the newest patches. I love paragon level but increased leg drop and higher ilvl stats flooded the market with once godly now useless items. More content is needed with better gear and lower drop rates to counteract this and reset the market. People were sad running a week seeing no legendaries, now they are a dime a dozen. People often want this to be like D2 but there is no ladder system to reset loot so high drop rates are a horrible idea. Either everyone has easy access to powerful gear and items are severely devalued, or Few have access to powerful gear and a large portion of the community becomes "bored" or upset with the fact that they get "nothing good."

In the end higher drop rates means happier people but much much less worthwhile play time. I remember when yellows used to sell for quite a bit. Now I price out items that sell comparatively on the ah (15-30m) and I cant get rid of them at 8m. Seems as though Best in slot items are all that sells quickly. Everything else takes ages as the market is flooded.

I have gotten some good legendaries worth anywhere from 50-200m (approx 5 between that range.) And along with those I have gotten well over 200 legendaries that are crap, but would not have been if the market wasn't so flooded.

I know people were upset getting garbage yellows, but now all yellows can roll well and good yellows and legendaries are a dime a dozen. So something then has to be garbage in return. So now everyone will say 4 prop yellows shouldn't roll, they are useless. (equivalent to previously saying 58-60's were useless) and all yellows should roll 5+ in inferno MP2+.

This will then cause 5 prop items to be useless and only 6 prop perfect rolls will be useful and so on until the market completely dies.

I know it sucks getting bad drops but bad drops are what makes good drops so good. Once bad drops no longer exist good drops become severely devalued. Please hang in there, It already sucks having to leave 90% of yellows on the ground because its not worth my time to ID them and vendor/drop them.
Reply Quote
Oh great, not another conspiracy theory...

Look, I'm probably getting the same bad drops as you guys are. But I also get some really good drops. The problem with RNGs is that not everyone is GUARANTEED to roll good-quality gear. I think this is the major issue - everyone wants powerful gear, and they want it NOW. And that's not how a random number generator works. I had to farm for hundreds of hours before I got my barb's offhand. And it isn't really that great as items go (same old problem you guys have with hellacious stats and low dps), but it's the best weapon I've rolled thus far. So I make due. And you know what? The game is still quite beatable. So you guys' tired "pay to win" argument is pretty much without merit as well.
Edited by MimSiE#1669 on 12/3/2012 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Warmouth
Fear not brothers, someones always got it worse. I have not gotten anything in a month, but i suppose Paragon 10 isnt that high.

It has nothing do do with your Paragon Level It is RNG nobody seems to realize that RNG stands for Random Number Generator. Do you see the word Random I will link you the definition of it so it is clear in your mind and you can be educated on its meaning.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/random
Reply Quote
Shawman add me dude Osby#1654
Reply Quote
Deadlysynz post is spot on and drop rates, et al could easily be implemented through live tweaks to the running game through the servers without patches, depending upon how the whole mess is set up on the server side.

What I'm trying to get across to Blizzard, and what I and others have said before, is the following;

Playing the game to find items = fun

Surfing the AH to find items = boredom

Sure, occasionally going to the AH for a piece of equipment is fine but if you are regularly depending upon it to get gear that is the recipe for tedium. No amount of gold gained through selling endless crappy junk in game or in AH will balance that equation in the long run. The bottom line is that the game has to be fun and rewarding to play in itself. No one bought this game for the AH they bought it for the game play experience.

I'm wondering if Bliz just doesn't understand that humans prefer regular little rewards over the huge reward extremely rarely. (As it is even the rare huge reward tends to be lackluster). Would you rather work at a company for 10 years to get a really huge check at the end of the 10 years or 10 years for a company getting regular smaller checks throughout?
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 10:26 AMPosted by sno
LOL. I can't believe how many people think that drops are fixed because they're not getting godly drops. Seriously, if godly drops happened as much as you *think* they should, guess what? They would just be bad/average drops and you'd be right back here again complaining about how you're not getting any godly drops. Godly drops are godly because they're hard to come by, not because everyone can poop one out whenever they feel like it. Hell, the same thing applies to GOOD drops

I am not looking for GODLY drops...but DECENT drops would be nice. Drops that would actually be useful for advancing my character without having to rely so much on the AH, but at last this does not happen even 5% of the time.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 10:42 AMPosted by TheMasteR
Fear not brothers, someones always got it worse. I have not gotten anything in a month, but i suppose Paragon 10 isnt that high.

It has nothing do do with your Paragon Level It is RNG nobody seems to realize that RNG stands for Random Number Generator. Do you see the word Random I will link you the definition of it so it is clear in your mind and you can be educated on its meaning.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/random

Paragon level plays a small part because each paragon level adds 3% magic find, which increases the probability of legendary drops. Might increase it ever so slightly, as 200% of .02 (or whatever the drop rate on legs is now, I know it's still some really small number), is .04% drop chance, but sometimes it's enough. Just not always. And then, the stats need to be figured out. Whether magic find plays a role in that is a subject of debate though.
Reply Quote
Well I've got about 20 this past wknd but they are now brimstones
Reply Quote
I am not looking for GODLY drops...but DECENT drops would be nice. Drops that would actually be useful for advancing my character without having to rely so much on the AH, but at last this does not happen even 5% of the time.

In your case, decent drops are going to appear as garbage because your current gear is so close to the top 1%. Don't mean to be snide, but I think AH use may have killed your gear finding experience, which is the whole point of a game like this. Sorry, man.

Your best shot at being able to use drops is to clear your account of gold & inventory, then restart never using the AH at all. You will find upgrades as you progress, I promise you that. You need to be patient though. Very patient.
Reply Quote
An added note about RNG.

By design there is absolutely nothing random in a computer. If there were we wouldn't trust them to do the jobs they do. Sure, random stuff can happen but that typically leads to bad things like server crashes, et al.

You have to tell a computer how to be random, and that isn't always easy to do. A computer does things systematically even when you give it a RNG command. Over large amounts of data sometimes even with that you may detect a pattern the computer is using to generate the RNG appearing effect.

The issue depends upon the entire system used to create item drops, which has only a small part dependent upon an RNG. That system would never be truly random as it has to be clearly defined for the computer to generate item drops. THAT system can easily be manipulated server side.
Reply Quote
There was a popular thread a couple of weeks ago about the drops not being random because a player's friend got "too many" good drops in one session. So, that's awesome super fantastic evidence for drops being controlled by Blizzard.

The OP's popular thread suggests there haven't been enough drops over the past couple of weeks. So, that's awesome super fantastic evidence for drops being controlled by Blizzard.

The evidence that the community seems to demand, in order to accept that drops are truly random and not fixed in any way, is to observe exactly one good legendary drop every 5 hours of gameplay. This CONSISTENT and PREDICTABLE rate of legendary drops would PROVE, without a shadow of a doubt, that things are 100% RANDOM. I think I speak for the community when I say, "Blizzard, we would be 100% happy knowing that our RNG was behaving perfectly once you finally let us predict EXACTLY when we will see a good drop."
Edited by RedDragonfly#1578 on 12/3/2012 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
There was a popular thread a couple of weeks ago about the drops not being random because a player's friend got "too many" drops in one session. So, that's awesome super fantastic evidence for drops being controlled by Blizzard.

The OP's popular thread suggests there haven't been enough drops over the past couple of weeks. So, that's awesome super fantastic evidence for drops being controlled by Blizzard.
The evidence that the community seems to demand, in order to accept that drops are truly random and not fixed in anyway, is to observe exactly one good legendary drop every 5 hours of gameplay. This consistant and predictable rate of legendary drops would PROVE without a shadow of a doubt that things are 100% random. I think I speak for the community when I say we would be 100% happy knowing that our RNG was behaving perfectly once we can finally predict EXACTLY when we will see a good drop.

So what we want is perfectly predictable and consistent RNG...

I see what you did there...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]