Diablo® III

Is my account flagged for getting bad drops?

2 Orc Warrior
so MF has nothing to do with your drops if its rng
Reply Quote
2 Orc Warrior
Magic Find
Finding more and better magic items is critical to overcoming challenges and defeating enemies in Diablo III, particularly on higher difficulties. Magic find is a unique item property that can help you drastically improve your haul. It is tracked in the Inventory menu (Inventory > Details > Adventure).

But what does that really mean?

Magic find affects the quality of items you acquire from killing enemies (but not treasure chests, vases, weapon racks, or other environmental objects). It doesn’t give you a chance to get more items on a given kill – instead, it increases the chance that an item you find will be magical, and more potent than it would be otherwise.

from blizz
MF work for eny one ????
Reply Quote
I posted in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893559887?page=4#63"]a similar thread[/url] recently, and I’d highly suggest you check it out, because it goes into the nature of probabilities and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find"]how Magic Find works in Diablo III[/url].

In brief: drops are in no-way controlled on a per-player or account basis. What you are experiencing, be it a Legendary hot streak or dry spell, is simply a result of RNG.

Proof? Sry you could say it just to shut our mouths.
Edited by Quanta#1467 on 12/3/2012 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Everybody goes through hot streaks in the game, just deal with it and move on. In the past 3 days I have found 3 set items, and about 6 legendaries with about 2 hours each day. Some of the drops were good, some not so much. What does this mean? It means that I will probably have a streak over a few days or even maybe a week or longer where I don't get too many drops. It is what it is and it all works out in the end. The elite items that everyone seeks after doesn't came around too often, just deal with it and have fun playing. STOP COMPARING YOUR DROPS TO OTHERS AND ELITE GEAR ON THE AUCTION HOUSE OR YOU WILL ALWAYS BE DISSAPPOINTED IN THE DROPS.

Too many in this community whines way to much. Just enjoy playing the game and have fun with it. Who cares what other people are doing or how much DPS they have or what drops they claim to be getting.
Reply Quote
2 Orc Warrior
then whats pount of MP if you cant climb it. no good gear cant move forwerd simple as that
Reply Quote
I posted in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893559887?page=4#63"]a similar thread[/url] recently, and I’d highly suggest you check it out, because it goes into the nature of probabilities and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find"]how Magic Find works in Diablo III[/url].

In brief: drops are in no-way controlled on a per-player or account basis. What you are experiencing, be it a Legendary hot streak or dry spell, is simply a result of RNG.

I agree with Vaelfare, its purely RNG.
Edited by RobinJack#6453 on 12/3/2012 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 05:56 PMPosted by poohnuts
That's true; but they are controlled on a RMAH-basis

Lol, why are so many people convinced that Blizzard controls everything for the simple fact to make money?

Yes it is true Blizzard must make a killing off of the RMAH and they wouldn't support it if they didn't, but really there is so much hate and conspiracy theories going on about what Blizzard true motives are it is ridicules.
Reply Quote
rofl diablo knows i buy gold and gears. so they flagged me too i think. i never found anything more than 100m.. and i probably spend over 1000$ss
Reply Quote
The probability of getting a blizzard employee to reply to a post here is about as good as getting a good item. So I would say RNG is in your favour.
Reply Quote

Greetings from EU.

Quick question, How is this possible, when you can search for an ivory shield on the AH and get so many, while when you search for a Mempo of Twilight with 6critical chance you will get around 5 or 6?
Reply Quote

If it's RNG why is it i have gotten the same crappy items multiple times over and over? I have gotten over 5 Fraustburn Gauntlets 3+ Schaefers Hammer, 2 Ageless Mights, a couple strongham gauntlets (no wonder you find them cheap) A couple of Gavel of Judgements, 2 Skysplittes etc.... Why is RNG giving me so many crappy items, not only that, THEY ARE THE SAME crappy items. Why cant i get a bunch of manticores, skorns, echoing furies, mempos, ice climbers etc?

Preach it, brother!
Reply Quote
I thought i was the only poor sap to find rubbish legendaries !! Guess i was mistaken LOL, every legendary i find is rubbish i just got a manticore with 900 dps and main stat of intelligence gee how lucky is that :(
Reply Quote
Drops in general suck. One guy above mentioned that the guys who claim to find all the legendaries all the time bot. I agree. I played d2 for a long time and in the later years I botted A LOT. I mean 2 hammerdins 400mf, one ran 24/7 the other ran whenever I wasn't playing the game myself. The feel is the same, you can play a ton and get a few scattered uniques but to get the quantity many of these people have you have to bot.

Still seems like there are those of us who get especially screwed though. I have about 1100 hours in total in this game and I don't think I've ever found anything worth more than 2-3 million. I bought the digital copy and I've been temp banned from this forum twice for my "unpopular" (read; the pansy mods are butthurt about them) opinions. I never find much of anything. Even with 430 mf and screaming through act1 and act 3 clears I don't get squat. My only set drop was some Danettas xbow with crap stats and I've only found about 10 level 60 uniques ever. Maybe it's just me but I hear similar things so very often. We can't all be crazy can we?

right some accounts getting better loot, some get crappy loot. and the differences are too big and it happens too often for beeing random. one player makes 100m, another one makes 5b with the same number of playtime/elite kills.

but i don't blame blizzard, nor do i believe there are "flagged accounts" i think they have better things to do. maybe they don't even know this problem exists or what it occurs. there is no real random.
Reply Quote
I had 2 runs this morning where I had a total of about 30 rares drop. Not legendaries, rares. Took 5 stacks before I got my first rare drops on both runs.
Reply Quote
Bliz CAN change the overall drop rates and characteristics, whether they do or not would remain conjecture until they state one way or another. Bashiok's posts would definitely tend to support that they adjust the rates depending upon various characteristics. Furthermore, Vaeflare's posts refer to INDIVIDUAL drop rates not the overall characteristics for all players.

There doesn't need to be any sort of conspiracy theory as it could be an intentional part of the game and makes sense at some levels for overall balance.

However, it would be a mistake to simply dismiss those raising issues with the whole system as tin hat wearing lunatics. That has nothing to do with whether their theories are correct or not. It has everything to do with whether they are enjoying the game. It should be obvious to everyone that there are vast numbers of people that are dissatisfied with the current system. My two observations regarding items and drops are as follows;

1. ALL of the most rewarding items are saved until the endgame. There is zero chance of getting any sort of set item that would be useful to me at lvl 10. This is a totally crappy way to offer such items and is totally inconsistent with previous versions of the game. Having sets that are useful for earlier levels would be much more rewarding. By the end of the game I've already played through the entire game 4 times and am just sticking around to grind P lvls at which point uber gear becomes ever more useless to me, anyway.

2. The drop rates of items and their particular affixes stink. Obviously, even with high MF, high P lvls, and high MP settings many are still not getting good drop rates. In terms of rates, if the AH is throwing that off for all the individual players I would GREATLY prefer that the AH be trashed as its sucking the life out of the game for me. In terms of the affixes the rolls on them are total crap. Of course most of the drops are going to be useless gold fodder, however when the vast majority of the items I pick up are total garbage for all my characters there is definitely something wrong. Please note that when I say 'wrong' I mean that I don't like it not that everyone should dislike it or that the way the game is designed is necessarily flawed. The issue for Bliz is to determine how many people share that reaction and whether they sould do something about it.

I'm sure everyone can generate examples. Mine is that I have never equipped any wizard specific equipment on my wizard because its all total crap compared to what most other items have to offer. I've been using a 2 handed hammer forever. How about if wiz specific items gave a boost to wiz specific skills? For example, boost to freeze rate of ice spells, or stun to electric, or increased % damage. But no, all the items are vanilla garbage.

Two to three times since the release of the game I've hit a wall of aggravated apathy about playing the game. I find myself trolling the forums again with some hope that a few bread crumbs will be dropped about future improvements. Barring that, I'm looking for how others are feeling about the game and sharing my experiences. Obviously, lots of others are in the same boat because whether you are pro this or anti that you are here posting and reading rather than playing the game.

I would greatly prefer to be playing the game.
Reply Quote
I've been listening to last two available "The Wheel of Time" audio books as I've been slowly increasing my Plvl, and anticipating the final, 14th I think, "tome's" epic conclusion that's being released next month. Today, I laughed when I heard this dialogue read from "Towers of Midnight:"
"The world as it was cannot be ours any longer...if we try to hold too tightly to all of this, then we will either become tyrants or fools...depending upon how successful we are."
It made me think of this thread in particular, and of this wonderful game D3, that at times we love to hate, and at times we hate to love!
(If you haven't read the series, then definitely read/listen to the first 3 books and the last two!)
Reply Quote
This is gonna sound weird but i also have experienced bad drops last night me and my friends were doing ubers and over the course of 2 hours we all found in total 4 Tzo Krins Gaze. How is this possible? something screwy is going on with drop rates.
Reply Quote

Is this quote based on your personal experience or just what your employers say? How many hours do you have logged into this game?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]