Diablo® III

Is my account flagged for getting bad drops?

12/04/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Sarahimus
i remember reading something saying drops are based some what off whats on ah, what if everyone quit trading in the ah , took down all the !@#$ items they put up and only put up one item. would only the class of item roll?

Blues already stated that this was taken out of context. The post said something long the lines of "The AH was taken into consideration when drop rates were decided"

That doesnt mean that the AH dynamicly effects the drop rates. that just means they knew trading would be easy because of the AH so the made drop rates really low so that the AH wouldnt be too flooded with items.
Reply Quote
How the random number generator is programmed can influence drops on a per character or per account basis.

For example, if they are using a deterministic random bit generator to generate a sequence of numbers that approximate the properties of random numbers, individual drops can be dependent on the seed.

In some games by other developers, the number (aka. the seed) used to initialize the random number generator was taken from the users system time when the account was created, in combination with an algorithm that converted the account name to a numeric value (to ensure that each seed was unique).
Edited by Vhlad#1388 on 12/4/2012 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
That doesnt mean that the AH dynamicly effects the drop rates. that just means they knew trading would be easy because of the AH so the made drop rates really low so that the AH wouldnt be too flooded with items.

It doesn't not mean mean the AH dynamically effects the drop rates. 0.o
Reply Quote
Unbelievable. I've been here since day one and this is still this being debated.
Reply Quote
most games give drop ratios per monster so lets say azmodan for example would be

0.02% mempo
0.05% IK body
1.2% hellrack
etc

then mobs would be

golgor

0.0001 mempo
0.008 IK body
0.05% hellrack

For some reason though they keep this info secret so I think this is why the posts will continue.
Reply Quote
I get godly items daily. Stop crying so much. Play the game. Get rewarded for playing more than 20 minutes a day. Don't expect good gear to drop when you play 2 hours total per week. :)
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Dinglefritz
I get godly items daily. Stop crying so much. Play the game. Get rewarded for playing more than 20 minutes a day. Don't expect good gear to drop when you play 2 hours total per week. :)

Stop trolling.
Reply Quote
I have 280 hours or something and i've never had anything drop worth over 5-10 mil :(
Reply Quote
Over 1 500 hours ... nothing usefull ... RNG is RNG ... or something like that ...
Reply Quote
I don't know folks.....After the last couple of those server maintenance, I've had some really really crappy drops...So that's about 2 weeks worth of runs... Legendarys would drop like hot cakes before and now 1 every 6 to 8 runs...Rares are just plan crap...No rings or Amulets worth a damm...This is all with 525% MF gear and running MP7.....I haven't had any desire to play right now...I play a little bit and quit.

Meh...that's how I feel...
Reply Quote
Havent gotten anything worth more than 5 mills since the early paragon 80s....i know what it feels like.

Oh QQ.
I've never once gotten anything worth more than 500k. I'd love 5 million.
12/04/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Maruchan
I have 280 hours or something and i've never had anything drop worth over 5-10 mil :(

This except, worse.
Edited by DamageInc#1846 on 12/4/2012 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Me too I thought I might be being punished for swapping between UK and the yank server .
No legends for about 3-4 weeks
Reply Quote
I'm getting that way to what's the point grinding day after day for no rewards,over 10 runs and nothing worth it's weight.At least before the patches you would get s cool item now again
Reply Quote
I posted in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893559887?page=4#63"]a similar thread[/url] recently, and I’d highly suggest you check it out, because it goes into the nature of probabilities and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find"]how Magic Find works in Diablo III[/url].

In brief: drops are in no-way controlled on a per-player or account basis. What you are experiencing, be it a Legendary hot streak or dry spell, is simply a result of RNG.

That's completely un-true.

One of your account admins already admitted you guys can alter people's account on a per person basis.

So what exactly do you have to say about that? :)
Reply Quote
In brief: drops are in no-way controlled on a per-player or account basis. What you are experiencing, be it a Legendary hot streak or dry spell, is simply a result of RNG.

Blue post basically saying RNG is RNG.

I love it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]