Diablo® III

Is my account flagged for getting bad drops?

I can picture the blues reading this thread and laughing and making fun of yall.
Reply Quote
I have played this game since the first couple of weeks of its release, and from the very start I have experienced good times and bad times with legendary drops.

In 1.04 I was finally accumulating a few set items, and Whamo! They release 1.05, all my old set items are turned into junk, and my drop rate fell like a stone.

I think I went a good two weeks of seeing nothing drop (average play time 1-2 hours per night), and started thinking "dark" thoughts about the game and how the increased drop rate of 1.05 was in fact hosing me.

But I hung in there and slowly started to see legendaries drop again. No set items though.

I kept doing key runs at the highest MP I could handle which was then MP4. Finally, I had a break through run in MP5 where I found 5 legendaries (2 set items) in one run, which I sold for like 100 million gold in total.

Since that time, I have continued to improve my gear and I run in MP7 now with 450% magic find from gear, MP level, and NV stacks. With a little bit more DPS I will probably forge into MP8.

With the magic find I have, I see about 1 legendary drop in 1-2 hours of game time on MP7. Many are junk, but some are selling for 10 million or more gold.

My advice to struggling Magic Finders is

-- Run in the highest MP you can, to get bonus magic find and bonus item drops.
-- Put on as much MF gear as you can without dropping DPS.
-- Load your follower up with MF gear and a MF weapon.
-- Ignore paragon leveling. Yes you get bonus MF, but leveling is slow and you need MF right away. So put a Topaz for MF in your helmet too.
-- Hang in there and sooner or later you will have a good day.
Reply Quote
I have played this game since the first couple of weeks of its release, and from the very start I have experienced good times and bad times with legendary drops.

In 1.04 I was finally accumulating a few set items, and Whamo! They release 1.05, all my old set items are turned into junk, and my drop rate fell like a stone.

I think I went a good two weeks of seeing nothing drop (average play time 1-2 hours per night), and started thinking "dark" thoughts about the game and how the increased drop rate of 1.05 was in fact hosing me.

But I hung in there and slowly started to see legendaries drop again. No set items though.

I kept doing key runs at the highest MP I could handle which was then MP4. Finally, I had a break through run in MP5 where I found 5 legendaries (2 set items) in one run, which I sold for like 100 million gold in total.

Since that time, I have continued to improve my gear and I run in MP7 now with 450% magic find from gear, MP level, and NV stacks. With a little bit more DPS I will probably forge into MP8.

With the magic find I have, I see about 1 legendary drop in 1-2 hours of game time on MP7. Many are junk, but some are selling for 10 million or more gold.

My advice to struggling Magic Finders is

-- Run in the highest MP you can, to get bonus magic find and bonus item drops.
-- Put on as much MF gear as you can without dropping DPS.
-- Load your follower up with MF gear and a MF weapon.
-- Ignore paragon leveling. Yes you get bonus MF, but leveling is slow and you need MF right away. So put a Topaz for MF in your helmet too.
-- Hang in there and sooner or later you will have a good day.

Until the MF system is overhauled to actually cause drops to increase in quality, there is no point to running more MF gear and dropping DPS. Until then, any good result in drops can be explained by RNG and any bad drops can be explained by RNG. MF is basically a lie in the current system.
Reply Quote
Until the MF system is overhauled to actually cause drops to increase in quality, there is no point to running more MF gear and dropping DPS. Until then, any good result in drops can be explained by RNG and any bad drops can be explained by RNG. MF is basically a lie in the current system.

Until a blue actually explains how MF works, you are making assumptions. Think what you want.

And I said add as much MF gear as you can while keeping your DPS high.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 12/5/2012 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:20 AMPosted by skywalkerfx

Until a blue actually explains how MF works, you are making assumptions. Think what you want.

And I said add as much MF gear as you can while keeping your DPS high.

Uh, I think blues also make assumptions on how the system works. I really doubt they're checking the RNG code as they make their responses.
Reply Quote
The issue is the same as it has always been.

This is RNG.

But what is overlooked in that statement is that they control the range in which that RNG occurs.

We don't need runs with 3 legendaries. We don't need gobs of drops if the drops suck.

We need the RNG tightened up. The possible range shoudl be like .8 to 1.2 legendaries per run. Therefore most will end up getting legendaries, a small number will get two and a small number will get none.

As to the quality of the affixes- they need to just get rid of 80% of the drops. You need to be able to turn a switch that causes all white, gray, and blue drops to just roll gold instead. Then you need to reduce the number of rare rolls by about 80% but the remaining rolls need to have a much higher bottom possible quality. Same with legendaries.

I'd gladly play a week and get one legendary IF I KNEW that it was almost certainly useable.

Of course at some point the majority of players would have all the drops they needed so even formerly good drops would be worthless- oh well. I can live with that. Just not at the point it is at now.
Reply Quote
Uh, I think blues also make assumptions on how the system works. I really doubt they're checking the RNG code as they make their responses.

Exactly. There is no good explanation from a blue on how the whole thing works.

So the next thing you could say is I'm making an assumption that something else is going on with MF other than RNG --- and you would be right.

As this is a game, you adopt your play style to what will make you more successful.

I like high MP with high MF.
Reply Quote
well I would think you are defiantly flagged now lol
Reply Quote
Ive been running max MF since the 1.05. At first the drop rates seemed fine even though the rolls were mediocre as some has said in this post. Mostly on the lower end of AH material. In the recent few weeks the drop rates seemed to have dropped significantly and the rolls on legendaries have dropped like a stone. Not to mention that Set items have a much lower drop rate the legendaries, the last few legendaries i found over the last 2 weeks were all brimstone material, only one of which were level 63 (vile ward) that rolled on the low side. I am not sure what the deal is with this but Ive seen countless people in countless games finding legendaries (which is fair), but rolling mid high stats (sometimes with 1-2 perfect stats). over the 100+ legendaries i have found in the last few months I have yet to find one where it rolled ONE perfect stat. How is this weighted between players and Roll chance? I love the game, but its killing me a little everytime i ID an item.
Reply Quote
Write the command /onlylegendaries in general chat, then your account will become flagged for the best drops.

Gl & Hf
Reply Quote

Blues have already posted the help guide link to "How Magic Find Works."

MF does increase quality. You just need to know what "quality" means. To MF quality is number of affixes and item magicalness (magic-rare-legendary). So for example, more MF will increase the chances the white items become blue, blue becomes rare, and rares increase in number of affixes.

MF does not give your items a greater chance to roll LoH or CD or high damage increase. That is random.
Reply Quote
MF% has very less to do with getting good drops ever since it never determines which affix to roll.

Having high MF can only raise the chances of getting a +300 Int Mighty Weapon instead of a +50 Int one. Having high MF can only raise the chances of getting a +300 Str Wand instead of getting a +50 Str one. Got the point? It's a retarded system that runs on top of the RNG.
Reply Quote
Hell i'm in the 90's and nothing is dropping anymore, Yes they have messed with the drop rate no matter what anyone say's i use to get 1 to 3 every run now nothings for 5 to 8 runs aday now, plus after 80 lvls don't mean anything either In the last two patches Blizz has done something to drop rate and not saying anything about it and what does fall is junk like before.
Reply Quote

Blues have already posted the help guide link to "How Magic Find Works."

MF does increase quality. You just need to know what "quality" means. To MF quality is number of affixes and item magicalness (magic-rare-legendary). So for example, more MF will increase the chances the white items become blue, blue becomes rare, and rares increase in number of affixes.

MF does not give your items a greater chance to roll LoH or CD or high damage increase. That is random.

MF Quality <> Actual quality which is exactly why the MF system is horrible and needs to be overhauled.

Guaranteed the basics of MF were ported from D2 when itemization wasn't nearly as random as D3. Thus the MF component of D2 wasn't flawed whereas in D3 it is broken.
Edited by andrewskdr#1581 on 12/5/2012 12:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
maybey if you guys spent less time !@#$%in' in the forums and more time palying you would have better luck
Reply Quote
My account finally got unflagged today. Gotten 4 legendaries so far today including a witching hour with 175 vit. My monk only got ONE legendary the entire time from Paragon 1-20 and Im only at 10. Sooo glad I rerolled off that bad RNG flagged character.
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 12/5/2012 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
i found 150mil witching hour once ^.-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]