Diablo® III

Cinematics not available..

hi..

I can't watch any of the cinematics, but I've beaten every act... and the cinematics won't play even when I re-do the act.

The only cinematics I can watch is the very last one when finishing act 4 (diablo vaporizing, heaven restoring, etc)..

Can someone explain what's going on with my cinematics??

thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Only the final cinematic plays automatically past normal mode. As for the others...

Because the cinematics can be accessed from the login screen, before you log in, which ones have been unlocked are stored locally, in the D3prefs.txt file located in "My Documents/Diablo III". Several of the patches have erroneously reset this file, meaning that if you didn't back it up before patching, your unlocked cinematics (along with all your other settings) were reset. The relevant lines in the file start with PlayedCutscene, then a number ranging from 0 to 3 (0 for Act 1, 3 for Act 4), and the number in quotes is a decimal representation of a bitfield specifying which cinematics you've seen, and with which classes. I don't know the proper values for these; Lurdlespor (EU Blizzard rep) has recommended setting them all to 15, but other people have responded that 15 doesn't unlock all the cinematics, and suggested this:

PlayedCutscene0 "31"
PlayedCutscene1 "31"
PlayedCutscene2 "23"
PlayedCutscene3 "143"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]