Diablo® III

Blue - Monster Density to be changed?

Currently it feels like at least 25% of the game is just empty space to run in, and the rest is populated by small packs of monsters with an occasional swarm. When I finally run into a horde of Khazra or Fallen going into a frenzy by a Shaman, it's pretty awesome, but it's rare. I'm also a big fan of the show the Walking dead, and I'd love to see roving "herds" of zombies in Act 1 - perhaps in Nightmare and higher difficulties.

So I was hoping a blue could give a hint that increasing monster density is at least being considered or changed. I hope Blizzard would at least consider making density increase with higher MP or higher difficulties. Perhaps even a new option like MP to customize the density of monsters?

Loving the game though Blizzard, MP was a great step in the right direction!
Reply Quote

Don't change monster density. The game will get boring quickly without any pacing.
We can't have every area filled to the brim with monsters.

Increase drop rates in light density regions instead.
Reply Quote

Don't change monster density. The game will get boring quickly without any pacing.

or increase moneter density in every act but 4 so ppl like you that apparently like running for mins inbetween seeing anything have somewhere to waste your time. Myself however, am tired of wasting time running for ever between packs to still have nothing of any quality drop
Reply Quote
True, more monsters.....find it odd sometimes you have to run sooo far to find one or 2 stragglers. Inferno should be hordes of dudes trying to stop you.....not occasional wandering idiots that dont quite know why they are there and run from you half the time.
Edited by BoSMud#1200 on 12/4/2012 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

The game will get boring without pacing? Huh? the game is boring when there's few enemies to fight and you're running and running with nothing to fight. It's really the complete opposite of what you said.

Like I said though, it be good to have an option to raise the monster density, or keep it how it is - similar to how the MP feature works.
Reply Quote
+1 Increase monster density, but don't over do it.
Reply Quote

There are only a few areas currently that are "filled to the brim" and its all in act three. I have no doubt you know what the most popular area is for the majority of players.

It's act three.

It's because of the density that it's so popular. After you beat the game, who cares about pacing. I just want to slaughter dozens of mobs and get an exp bonus.

It's not the drop rate either. It's the kill rate, and exp gained from large packs of mobs.
Reply Quote
There's a lot of areas that can be changed to offer more intense fights and more hordes to encounter. I think the D3 design team's philosophy was to make encounters with enemies on a smaller scale, but I think the majority of Diablo players -ever since D2 - have enjoyed the feel of a lone hero against the hordes of hell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]