Diablo® III

Need some advice on upgrades

I've got about 550m to spend. I initially was going to get a 1200+ manti 2 OS w/ dex. But really don't want to blow it all one 1 item. So any advice would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
That's a little out of my league on spending, but are you looking for more DPS or EHP? You could probably squeeze more dex from some of your items, or more vit or AR.
Reply Quote
Looking for both. My EHP is low and recently I've been working on getting my vit up. Currently I'm at 35.7k I do have a decent amount of armor almost 4k and my dex is right at 2900 give or take few. I guess I'm just at a point where I'm not sure what to upgrade etc.
Edited by JJAY#1397 on 12/4/2012 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
I know a 1240 ish manti will boost me close to 45k but again not sure that's the right path to take
Reply Quote
My stats are 2.0 AS 57CC and 550ish CD if that helps. My AR is low around 250
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Survivability-wise, 250 AR is pretty low, and your life could also use a little more. You could probably scrounge up more AR on your nat's chest and switch over to a mempo, though to maintain DPS from your andy's will be expensive. You could also look to get a strongarm bracer with vit or AR instead of str. A litany of the damned ring could help EHP too, though you may lose a little DPS.

As for damage, you could get more dex or a socket on your DML, though your DPS is pretty high already, so most of what you'll be getting damage wise will be trying to squeeze every last drop out of each of your slots.
Reply Quote
Survivability-wise, 250 AR is pretty low, and your life could also use a little more. You could probably scrounge up more AR on your nat's chest and switch over to a mempo, though to maintain DPS from your andy's will be expensive. You could also look to get a strongarm bracer with vit or AR instead of str. A litany of the damned ring could help EHP too, though you may lose a little DPS.

As for damage, you could get more dex or a socket on your DML, though your DPS is pretty high already, so most of what you'll be getting damage wise will be trying to squeeze every last drop out of each of your slots.

Thx oracle. Do u think just getting a 1250+ manti 2OS with dex would be a smart move. Or spend the $$ on getting my AR & vit up a little. As far as survival goes I don't have much of a problem.
Edited by JJAY#1397 on 12/4/2012 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
For weapons, I'd definitely pop the stats in a calculator or on d3up before buying. It's easier to see how CC, CD, IAS, dps, etc change your overall that way....especially since you're pretty much at the point where you're trying to wring every last bit of quality out of each slot. If you can afford a 1250+ CD/Dex/OS manti, it should give you a boost, but you'll want to make sure before you commit.

Personally, I would not be comfortable with life and AR at your levels, but I have a lazy play style where I don't kite very often unless I absolutely have to. It's alll up to your preference.
Reply Quote
A manti with those stats bumps me about 45k ^. With my build I really don't have an issue staying alive. But I agree I need more vit and AR. So torn on what to dump my g on. Again Ty oracle for taking the time to help. Much appreciated.
Edited by JJAY#1397 on 12/4/2012 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well last night I pulled the trigger and upgraded my manti. It gave me roughfly 40k. Now I need to work on my EHP.
Reply Quote
Nice! Congrats! Fortunately, some of the EHP upgrades probably won't be as expensive, unless you try for a CC mempo.
Reply Quote
Thx Oracle :)

Ya actually that's my next upgrade. I seen 1 few days back. It had 6cc 199 dex. Gave me almost 7k dps and almost 3k life as well as AR that I desperately need. It's going to be costly but a huge upgrade nonetheless. Back to the grind to find that lucky drop to fund my next purchase :) btw in the last week I found a sick ik chest that I sold for 80m and a pox that sold for 175m. So hopefully the luck continues.
Reply Quote
Nice...I think the most expensive thing I've found and sold was like 25 mil. I'm also only paragon 48 though, so I can't whine too much...at least not where people can hear/read. :)

In the meantime, you might as well grab a strongarms with vit or ar. Those should be much cheaper than a CC mempo.
Reply Quote
Indeed will look when I get home from work. Hate these 12hr days :(

I've noticed a big increase in finding legs. Getting close to 100. :)
Reply Quote
12 hour day? Yuck...my condolences. Most of my days are pretty short, but I'm salaried so when the long days come I really don't get any compensation for them. So I take teh short days when I can. :)

Yeah, I definitely feel like somewhere in the low to mid 30's I started finding legendaries on a more consistent basis. Still probably an average of 1 or less than 1 a run, but I found the nat's boots I'm wearing, which I was pretty giggly happy about.
Reply Quote
I work two 12hr days in a row then the rest of the week is gravy. It's just getting past these 2 is the hard part heh. I'll add u in game well have to grp up sometime. :)
Reply Quote
Sure. Put a note about being from the DH forum or something so I don't get more confused than I normally am anyway. :) I usually solo, but sometimes I group with some friends who are still playing.
Reply Quote
Same I don't grp much myself. I like running at my own pace. But I have a small grp of close friends I play with from time to time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]