Diablo® III

The 5000 Armor SNS Club

11/27/2012 07:58 AMPosted by apotheun
I have 760 AR and 4100 armor... not quite there yet, but if you do a 10/1 ratio i am.

11/27/2012 09:23 PMPosted by knarf
in with apotheun with the 10:1 factor. am impressed with the 5000 armor peeps but oh well.

For some reason, guys still seem to be quite confused about this...

Let's say you have 4,000 armor and 400 resists for a sec.

This means that you would get exactly the same benefit from adding an item with 10 armor as you would from 1 more AR.

It DOES NOT mean that going a lot more AR means you won't get any benefit from it.

BUT, if you get very upside down (like me. I have 800 AR and 5k armor), it DOES mean that I would benefit far more from 10 armor than I would from 1 more AR.

Sure, it would be nice to have it completely balanced, but 8k armor is pretty tough for a wizard to pull off. So you stack the armor where you can, but take AR every chance you get, too.

But 5k armor/800 AR > 4k armor/400 AR.
Reply Quote
How important is this 5k armor requirement.. I'm having a hard time to get there (with SA and without losing 3.0 breakpoint.)

Any gears or general suggestion for me..? Thanks!
Reply Quote
How important is this 5k armor requirement.. I'm having a hard time to get there (with SA and without losing 3.0 breakpoint.)

Any gears or general suggestion for me..? Thanks!

you can get almost 400 armor on each chest and pants and helmet, the rest better come from bracer and belt, and try get some equipment with high int and str.

If i need to choose 3.0 breakpoint with 3,5k armor and 2.73 breakpoint and 5k armor, i'll choose the latter.
Reply Quote
4.6k armor, 700-800AR, not quite there. But not sure how I can join the club officially with limited budget.....
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 10:02 PMPosted by BotakZhang
4.6k armor, 700-800AR, not quite there. But not sure how I can join the club officially with limited budget.....

You can wear shield to enter the club, they'll only check for the requirement on the main gate anyway...
Reply Quote
True though....I guess it's easy to enter the club with the titled requirement at any att spd and apoc etc.....

I'd call it a CM/WW syndrome but even at this point, where specific requirement is not listed, the 2.74att spd, 18-20apoc, 45-50cc keeps bugging me...telling me to maintain them :)
Reply Quote
I'm not there yet but almost there as I'm at 4200armor and 790AR

1 getting lacuni with ar and armor
2. get a high armor high ar blackthorne pants
3. get a tasker and theo glove

that will get me around 5k armor and 800AR
Reply Quote
View profile
5319 858

cant wait to get mempo that will add another 70-80 ar

AND i'll be 3.0 ias..bring it
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/27/2012 11:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
@aimless, once you get to 3.0, would you try switch to a socket wand for more dps and live with the 2.73 tier?
Reply Quote
View profile
Naw man ill never go socket wand unless i get a killer drop or they nerf reflect then 3.0 or defense wont matter.. there are plenty of places to add CD if i want dps. Rings, gloves, ammy.

Whats crazy is with mempo and like 80CD ammy i'm 155K dps not socketed. So thats what im saving for.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/28/2012 12:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
wonder how much sheet dps i would lose if i changed for ias chants... or how much straight efficiency i would thereby gain going from 2.73+ breakpoint to 3+ breakpoint
Reply Quote
View profile
11/28/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Alesso
wonder how much sheet dps i would lose if i changed for ias chants... or how much straight efficiency i would thereby gain going from 2.73+ breakpoint to 3+ breakpoint

-35-40K. Cuz that's what I gain with one. IAS wand is not worth it if you like dps cuz loss of cd is so huge. I had an CD wand but traded it in to make higher ias...tuned out to be the 2.74 breakpoint but i found it by accident b4 all that came to light. Anyway its all i could afford and still feel good about build.

If you're over 2.73 with OS no reason whatsoever to buy ias wand IMO. In fact most ias wanders are trying to get OS. Not me I'm tying for 3 but that's just cuz i like it better in testing but it's not worlds better or anything.
Reply Quote
Woot! I'm in ... although it doesn't show in profile my actual stats..dunno why?

AR 600

5.1K ARMOUR

61K HP

93k DPS

=)

overkill on hp? but it helps me not die to almost anything ... I don't have to concentrate so hard
what good is 5k armor and 600 AR if I can add a shield and still have more dps than you? =p Hell I'd have 6.5k armor and 700AR
Reply Quote
Iqualify hehe. But I have a Archon build which i use for farming, so if it shows up pls dont call me a lair.
Reply Quote
5319 858

Aimless, hey bro, if you'd use a mempo, Where would the other APOC stat come from? or are you comfy with around 9-10 APOC already?

and that being said, It's quite hard for me to reach even 4.5k armor and 700AR... dunno how you guys do it maintaining current DPS of around 150k or so...

edit: btw, im using a cheapo Mempo and a Hellfire ring on an archon build just for speed leveling but in CM/WW mode, I'm actually using a 4.5cc Storm Crow and a ring with similar stat as my Nats ring +1cc @ 5.5...

any suggestions?
Edited by Ozquickee#6169 on 11/28/2012 5:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
5319 858

Imo, get rid of your Pants first xD
Reply Quote
I'm in!
Reply Quote
I'm in too.

The part now is to chase DPS...
Edited by Zerak#2887 on 11/28/2012 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Aimless your pants are a disgrace!
Reply Quote
You don't need 5k Armor if you have high LoH. Look at Boozor, he has low Armor, but because he also has like 1300 LoH, his survivability is okay, as in he can manage RD. So a balanced LoH/Armor/AR ratio is more realistic than let say Armor/AR. Imo LoH is also EHP for CM/WW lol.

But hey, it's nice to have 5k Armor! And get it without buff like Enchantress or EA is even nicer.

It seems to me that another thing to add to the whole LoH discussion would be the relationship between it and APS.

I personally like to maintain the 3 APS mark (actually at 3.12 right now, but can't take anything off without dropping under 3). But I've found that my LoH requirements are less than the usual stated requirements because of that additional speed.

Basically, higher APS = more hits per second = more life gained per second = less LoH needed.

I am not in the vaunted club here, although I wish I was. But I still manage to solo MP9 (and suspect I could do mp10, but it just takes forever to kill anything) without any problems, including electric and/or reflect packs. (Which is not to say I don't die occasionally, but I think that's probably true of all of us.)

Just $0.02 for you to consider. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]