Diablo® III

The 5000 Armor SNS Club

Lol I find that the hardest pack is Horde Arcane in a 50 sqft room xD, seriously without Teleport there is no way in haha. But the DPS boost from MW is noticable, cannot use Teleport for now :( BM is adequate to combat RD, RD+Electrified ok I have to choose position carefully but manageable. Actually I think because my Amulet has Lightning Resist, that helps a bit :)

MP 10 right now the biggest problem is not killing Yellow fast enough (DPS problem), survivability @ 800AR/5k Armor is ok once I get used to it, seriously I think I improve my skills a lot by playing it and not mind-killing MP 3. But increasing DPS will lead to more mitigation and LoH+LS needed. And after that you want more DPS, the crucial circle x.x

So my conclusion is playing AH 3 to find Gold first :3
Reply Quote
View profile
I was playing with a mempo i found today for like 930 AR - it makes a difference. Still got ur apoc source? lol

I found a cross and int mempo in one run, sadly neither had CC.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/30/2012 3:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Oh wow, I just realized that I qualify for the club. You'll notice that my build is very strange. No traditional builds for me. I do all my runs with my wife (monk) and she tanks. Any suggestions for a build that would be better for a duo?
Reply Quote
I was playing with a mempo i found today for like 930 AR - it makes a difference. Still got ur apoc source? lol

I found a cross and int mempo in one run, sadly neither had CC.

Damn knew that 900 AR makes a difference, but it's hard to squeeze that extra AR out without spending a fortune lol.
Reply Quote
I am trying SNS built too but still learning.

I wasted a lot of gold trying different gear on my monk, so I cannot afford to try again on this wizard.

I have upgraded a few items and now I am at 94K DPS, 812 AR, 4080 Armor, 53K HP.
I know I may have too much HP (will swap my VIT gem to INT gem, should be around 102K dps and 44K HP after the swap)

Quick question: (I wish to be able to run MP10 SNS)
If I cannot afford other equipment for additional armor, is it wise to swap out my AR to Armor?
Example:
Is 600AR, 5000 Armor better than 800AR, 4000 Armor for MP10 running SNS?

Any suggestions to improve my wizard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
count me in this club as well :D

Hope I qualify!

I wasted a lot of gold trying different gear on my monk, so I cannot afford to try again on this wizard.

I have upgraded a few items and now I am at 94K DPS, 812 AR, 4080 Armor, 53K HP.
I know I may have too much HP (will swap my VIT gem to INT gem, should be around 102K dps and 44K HP after the swap)

If I cannot afford other equipment for additional armor, is it wise to swap out my AR to Armor?
Example:

Thanks.

Your gear is pricier than mine... IMO you'd have to regear a bit if you want to reach that 5000 armor and still be at 800AR. you can shed off some of the HP, I was skeptical about that jump from 4k-5k armor but once i tried to fit the pieces, it sure made a lot of difference.

If you want to gain armor, your vile ward may be improved. try to get one with some str on it.. 100+ would be of great help... Witching hour could have Armor put in there as well...

but on the flip side, you're a tank as it is since you chose the more expensive yet EHP effective route using Blackthorne's set...

AR would be better in your case IMO.

hope that helps a bit...
Reply Quote
I am asking because based on the Damage Reduction formula found in various forum, I do not know how to interpret those figures.

600AR+5000Armor = 86.69% Damage Reduction
800AR+4000Armor = 87.55% Damage Reduction (better?)
Or is there a mechanic (that I did not know) that require certain amount of Armor for better survival on mp10?

Not sure if the formula I used was accurate.

Armor Reduction (AR)
TotalArmor / ((50*(Creature Level)) + TotalArmor)

Resist Reduction (RR)
TotalResist / ((5*(Creature Level)) + TotalResist)

Damage Reduction: based on [1- (1-RR)x(1-AR)]
Edited by Precious#6973 on 12/12/2012 3:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Thats correct we always assume 63

armor reduction = armor /(50*63+armor)
res reduciton = res/(5*63+res)
Reply Quote
^ You are 100% correct.

Having the same total mitigation from lower AR and higher armour can effect things like bonus affixes of physical resist vs reflect will be stronger if your AR is lower.

Generally though its just cause 87.55% mitigation isn't good enough so after 800 AR its easier to boost armour above 4000 than boosting more AR.
Reply Quote
Uhh, I'm in the culb :p

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Molitro-2566/hero/1172077
Edited by Molitro#2566 on 12/12/2012 3:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

Example:

Thanks.

Thats a nice setup bro but you have too much life. CM don't need that much. Shell is our life. and then you need about 35-40K reserve so like if you get frozen or something.

Yeah you're big time INT staved swap for yellow gem I bet you get over 10K dps right there. You're also CD starved. add like 60+ cd to that BT cross but like u say ur on a tight budget...lol cant really help there dps and mitigation is expensive.

As far as making 5K armor you need a better surecoat with armor affix. Better joust mail with higher armor affix. Nats ring like urs with armor affix. Personally I get rid of POS lacuni and get a good rare and AR ARMOR tal rash chest like the rest of us have on. Lacuni is killing you. Then again 24 MS is nice to have. Most of us cheat and add str places too.

I have like 600 str
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/aimless-1700/Aimless/10258657

Which is more than most barbs beating game.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/12/2012 5:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
finally made it to 5k armor (5.2 without buff nd 651 ar, woot woot) :3
Reply Quote
easily~
Reply Quote
I've been kicked out of my own club....4.7K :(
Reply Quote
Almost up to 5800 Armor now, soon to break 6k, and 815 AR
Reply Quote
View profile
329 armor affix chest and done. I was 5800 last week but sold my AR ARMOR BT pant cos loh sucked on them. On lookout for good pair and that will do it for me. CD from here on out.
Reply Quote
Can I have some armor Aimless?
Reply Quote
Im atm looking for a witching hour with same stats as mine but about 200 more Armor, a tals chest with same stats+ 200 Armor, my bt pants are crappy atm but can't seem to find any with 430+ loh, 750 Armor, and 75 AR so I'm in the market for them as well, so I'm torn between my current bts and my other pair with 350 vit for the moment.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
^ funny, more STR on your VW than INT! Actually not funny, kinda rocks. (I stopped at 105 STR)
Reply Quote
Only reason is cause I got an awesome deal on it, 10 mil for my viles with 268 intel/269 strength
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]