Diablo® III

Thanks For new patch

New patch greatly reduced the latency here in Queensland from 260-280ms down to a Steady 205ms all day and night. Don't know what you guys and girls did but I'm loving it. It's much more enjoyable and playable now.
Reply Quote
My latency has been at a steady 190 in Queensland for the past month and a half.
Reply Quote
can't say the same was running just before and was still spiking alittle from 200-350ish, generally i don't get much lag and hc runs fine atm for me.. just saying some servers still seem to lag

melb - optus
Edited by lowfi#1433 on 11/29/2012 5:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Great to hear!
So does anyone have BigPond as an ISP? There looks to be other threads who are having issues when using this ISP. It would be good to confirm which ISP those who have seen improvement are using.
Reply Quote
yeah i have telstra ADSL+2 and my lag spikes to 3k in most fights, what can i do?
Reply Quote
My ISP is BigPond and last night was the first night in a while where I stopped getting crazy lag spikes.
Reply Quote
I'm in NSW and with Telstra. No improvement for me. Spikes into the red too often. I'm currently playing a HC character and it can get very dicey. Spikes, go back to town and go have a coffee, try again until next spike. Pita.
Edited by Dallo#6408 on 11/29/2012 4:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Great to hear!
So does anyone have BigPond as an ISP? There looks to be other threads who are having issues when using this ISP. It would be good to confirm which ISP those who have seen improvement are using.

I'm with bigpond.
Reply Quote
I am glad to hear that some players latency has dropped. I just hope it continues and everyone in all regions winds up having a smooth play sessions without any latency. Who knows when that happens I just might make a character or two on the European region just to play with my fellow European D3 players.
Reply Quote
No change from Western Australia, may have gone up??? I used to be able to get 280, when 'no one' was playing (America asleep) its now sitting around constant 300.

Main difference i have noted is a HUGE amount of 'lacky banding' - i would say at least one an hour.
Reply Quote
I haven't yet tried the new patch but yes I'm with Telstra, using their BigPond Cable package in Brisbane, Queensland.
Reply Quote
I've played a bit and I'm not getting any spiking during fights by myself, but I'm yet to try it out with a full party, which is when I would get massive lag spikes.
Reply Quote
using telstra ADSL in Perth and have never had too much lag since launch. occasional bits here and there, but never enough to really complain about.

maybe cuz i'm a bit older (turning 30 next month, yikes!) and remember how the internet was back in the old 36k - 48k modem days. anything now just seems amazingly fast.
Reply Quote

maybe cuz i'm a bit older (turning 30 next month, yikes!)

:) Which makes you a decade younger than my eldest son.
Reply Quote
well, i certainly feel a decade older, that's for sure! 4 kids will do that to you!
Reply Quote
Great to hear!

Can you tell me what you have done to try and implement Australian servers?
Reply Quote
I have bigpond, lagspikes are the main reason I don't play anymore
If they fix it I will go back
Edited by Tisgazz#6778 on 12/1/2012 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have Bigpond as an ISP, and still have my usual ~250 ping in Brisbane, Queensland. I will still spike to around 400 - 500 occasionally, usually playing in a group.
Reply Quote
ISP: BigPond / Telstra (same company)
ADSL2+ -- http://speedtest.net/result/2345713722.png

My latency says a low number ~200-280 most of the time however it feels horrible with lag spikes on a 30 second basis not shown in the latency number.

Something puzzling me is how every other game I play is seamless (Starcraft, League of Legends, Planetside 2) however D3 missed the mark on this one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]