Diablo® III

RMTAH (RMAH) must stay! It's not Pay 2 Win ..

11/30/2012 02:28 AMPosted by Lionking
I haven't read this whole thread, but I'm with the OP. I have a (large) family and a job, and even though I spend too much precious time on D3 (2-3 hours a night) I would have given up long ago without the RMAH. I've spent $200-300 on my gear, and don't regret it one bit. I did beat Diablo in Inferno without any RMAH purchases, but where to after that? Ten hours a day of grinding to (perhaps) get decent gear to progress? Nah. I spent money to enjoy the game more.

Please explain how spending all of that money made you enjoy the game more? What is this "game" after beating Diablo on inferno anyhow?
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 11:32 AMPosted by stryker
I haven't read this whole thread, but I'm with the OP. I have a (large) family and a job, and even though I spend too much precious time on D3 (2-3 hours a night) I would have given up long ago without the RMAH. I've spent $200-300 on my gear, and don't regret it one bit. I did beat Diablo in Inferno without any RMAH purchases, but where to after that? Ten hours a day of grinding to (perhaps) get decent gear to progress? Nah. I spent money to enjoy the game more.

Please explain how spending all of that money made you enjoy the game more? What is this "game" after beating Diablo on inferno anyhow?

See my last post on page 14. There is so much more to this game after beating diablo on inferno. If I gave you 2 bil to gear up to an end-game cm wiz, you'd have a ton of fun farming keys, hf rings, running carry, grinding paragon, and eventually dueling in PVP.
Reply Quote
You should have used that 400$ to feed your family instead of giving it to some get rich quick scheme.
Reply Quote
Lol at OP
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Archangel-1905/hero/11119
$400 worth of gear?
Troll caught red handed, attention seeking b*****d
you (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/yeo-6281/) moron. if you wanna look smart at least do it right. the OP's profile is this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Archangel-1504/hero/14559015

look at the original post and you can see this: "Edited by Archangel#1504 on 11/28/12 10:10 PM (PST)"
the one you linked is archangel-1905, the OP is archangel-1504.

these gears worth a lot less than 400
I like how OP is posting on his SC profile to hide the garbage gear on which he wasted the money for his kids' Christmas presents. Luckily someone posted it. Apparently, he spent $400 on the day the RMAH went live. Fail OP is fail and won't be back.

another moron (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ChangBooster-1510/). i hope you dont come back.
Reply Quote
[quote]

So while you won't see me spending 400 bucks or anything even close to that, I don't see anything wrong with throwing a 20 spot or two to gear a character up. Because personally, I've had zero luck with drops since launch and I've made close to ZERO on the gold auction house.

The reason i said people who agree with the OP are narrow minded is because most of the people here are saying that they dont have a problem with people buying items. Well people buying items is NOT the problem as most narrow minded people would assume.

I guess i should have said if you think buying items is what is pissing people off its not, its the fact that the game is designed to frustrate you into using the RMAH that people have a problem with.You even said it yourself that you played legit and had crappy drop rates which pushed you to the RMAH....working as intended!
Edited by TimeSpike#1874 on 11/30/2012 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
I dont think ANYONE is upset that you can buy items, this could be done in D2 as well...

The problem with the RMAH being part of the game is that the item system had to be tuned so that good items are damn near impossible to find for the people who just play the game. In D2 you could buy items OR you could find them, yes the really rare items were still damn near impossible to find but you would at least find a few decent sets and uniques that would keep you going and could trade up to better gear.

With D3's item sytem the way it is, its almost designed to frustrate you to the point that you're just like....screw it ill spend a few bucks and get a few decent items.

Just playing the game it is impossible to find the 20 million in gold it takes to buy a decent item without AH flipping.

I agree with OP as well as this.

OP's opinion is that using RMAH is not something shameful or bad. Sure it's not, people have so many other ways to spend way more money for way worse reasons. To that degree there's nothing wrong with RMAH. I don't have any problem with ppl who spent money on it.

But the flip side is, RMAH is not a problem itself, the real problem is Blizzard's tuning the itemization, the drop rates for the existence of RMAH, which causes hundreds of hours of wasted effort for people who don't use RMAH.
Reply Quote
So it's YOU! You're the one that took my screen name from me YEARS ago!

Anyway, good post. I get what you're saying. And the RM(T)AH was designed for people like you, and should be utilized by people like you. They broke it when they allowed people to buy gold. Back when people would actually put items on there, it was a fairly stable system. Now everyone just buys gold.
Reply Quote
wanna know something funny? here is the layout of what items are like

crap items always are sold on gold auction house prob for less then 5 mil or so

Decent items or items everyone funds for are on the RMAH 5$ - 250$

The pay to win items (not even close to decent items) cost 2,000,000,000 gold or more

2,000,000,000 gold factors in to recently at 34 cents per million 740$

So fact is if people seriously wants to continue to batch about the action house... saying the rmah is making the game unfair.. your wrong... gold ah still does it just fine

in-addition most of the complainers are the off game item sellers that still exist
Reply Quote
I dont think ANYONE is upset that you can buy items, this could be done in D2 as well. People who agree with the OP are looking at the topic with a narrow mindset.

The problem with the RMAH being part of the game is that the item system had to be tuned so that good items are damn near impossible to find for the people who just play the game. In D2 you could buy items OR you could find them, yes the really rare items were still damn near impossible to find but you would at least find a few decent sets and uniques that would keep you going and could trade up to better gear.

With D3's item sytem the way it is, its almost designed to frustrate you to the point that you're just like....screw it ill spend a few bucks and get a few decent items.

Just playing the game it is impossible to find the 20 million in gold it takes to buy a decent item without AH flipping.

Precisely my point. The AH is a good trading option, but i didn't buy this game to play an auction house game, i bought it because D1 and D2 gave me a lot of fun hours hunting for items by actually playing them. My characters weren't even the best out there, and i think i only got like 4 or 5 of the high end runewords in all the time i played D2, but the amount of wonderful loot that was available for everyone was just amazing and keeps the spark of the game even today. D3 hasn't got that at all. Right now even a legendary drop is a bitersweet moment, because you already know 95% of them are totally worthless, which just adds up to the thousands of trash yellows sold to the vendor, and this shouldn't happen in a loot-based experience like Diablo.

If people want to buy their stuff with real money, more power to them, but neglecting the actual ingame experience to give prevalence to this new paradigm of microtransactions all big game corporations seem to be agreeing into is just disappointing. A good game shouldn't need to prey on people's frustration to be profitable, and that's what D3 is right now.
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 11/30/2012 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
I dont think ANYONE is upset that you can buy items, this could be done in D2 as well...

understandably you can still craft some seriously decent 6 property items even though its ilvl62 limit
Reply Quote
[quote]

So while you won't see me spending 400 bucks or anything even close to that, I don't see anything wrong with throwing a 20 spot or two to gear a character up. Because personally, I've had zero luck with drops since launch and I've made close to ZERO on the gold auction house.

The reason i said people who agree with the OP are narrow minded is because most of the people here are saying that they dont have a problem with people buying items. Well people buying items is NOT the problem as most narrow minded people would assume.

I guess i should have said if you think buying items is what is pissing people off its not, its the fact that the game is designed to frustrate you into using the RMAH that people have a problem with.You even said it yourself that you played legit and had crappy drop rates which pushed you to the RMAH....working as intended!

Who is arguing with you?
Reply Quote
ARCHANGEL: How would you feel if you worked hard at your job to get the pay, then someone else got to get paid the same amount at your job for half the work because they work somewhere else?

That's why people get mad. They put in a ton of time and effort to get their gear and others come in and spend some money and get the same thing.
Reply Quote
I agree 100% that rmah is a good thing. People all forgot about in d2 that there was tons of sites that sold gear. Blizzard just made it safer for the people who chose to buy the items. Also who cares if "I" want to pay to win. It is my game i can play it how i want. If you do nto like it oh well do not use it. Me using the rmah does not do anything to your game. Most ppl all play solo anyway.
Reply Quote
I still don't think the RMAH is a good thing after reading this....
In the overall view of it, if you spend money on this game you can become godly. Even if you've just attained a level 60 you can uncomparably be better than most players who have spent a great deal of time on this game.
Answer me one question though. What's the point of playing this game if your not going to try to accumulate any gold/items over time and do things yourself, instead of having to resort to paying money? Do you honestly find that fun?

***Instead of using the money buying virtual items, you could spend it on your family that you work your tail-end off for......
(There's a great alternative) >_>
Edited by Arcin#1808 on 11/30/2012 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
I still don't think the RMAH is a good thing after reading this....
In the overall view of it, if you spend money on this game you can become godly. Even if you've just attained a level 60 you can uncomparably be better than most players who have spent a great deal of time on this game.
Answer me one question though. What's the point of playing this game if your not going to try to accumulate any gold/items over time and do things yourself, instead of having to resort to paying money? Do you honestly find that fun?

***Instead of using the money buying virtual items, you could spend it on your family that you work your tail-end off for......
(There's a great alternative) >_>

This has only been asked and answered about 100x over in this thread. Learn to read. And who the hell are you to tell the OP what to spend his money on?

ARCHANGEL: How would you feel if you worked hard at your job to get the pay, then someone else got to get paid the same amount at your job for half the work because they work somewhere else?That's why people get mad. They put in a ton of time and effort to get their gear and others come in and spend some money and get the same thing.

This makes absolutely no sense. And so what if I can come in and spend money to get the same thing? It's a single player game. Get over it.
Edited by Knavery#1476 on 11/30/2012 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you don't have time to play then don't play, and if you really want to play then just play like you did when you were younger, except now you don't have as much time.

For people like me that have the time (3-5 hours a night), it's not fair, so there will always be two sides to this. Personally I think the RMAH ruins games.
Reply Quote
View profile
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 12/13/2012 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
There have been a ton of threads for, and against the RMAH already, which have discussed the different viewpoints in so much depth already. They all seem to confirm this to me..

-Some people are able and willing to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours playing, to improve their gear and gain paragon levels.
-Some people are willing to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars (a few days pay), to improve their gear and gain paragon levels.
-Some people are not willing to do either of these things and progress at their own pace.

-People with hours to spare, generally disapprove of the people with money to spare.
-People who do not spend time or money, generally disapprove of both people with hours to spare and those with money to spare.
-Both people with hours to spare and those with money to spare, generally disapprove of those who don't spend either but feel like they should have all the same things as those who do.

I don't generally see people who use the RMAH complaining about how unfair it is that blizzard doesn't put a time limit on how many hours you're allowed to play a week, to make it more fair for those who don't have as much free time to spend playing.
Edited by Ley#1310 on 11/30/2012 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]