Diablo® III

RMTAH (RMAH) must stay! It's not Pay 2 Win ..

12/01/2012 10:19 AMPosted by ZomBee
@Ley -- I love that quote (well, quote section) that you responded to the post with. Awesome job man, it defines the nature of the community on the RMAH.

Thank you, lol. I feel like I could use it as a response to over half the comments on this thread.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 11:36 AMPosted by hoodrich

Please explain how spending all of that money made you enjoy the game more? What is this "game" after beating Diablo on inferno anyhow?

See my last post on page 14. There is so much more to this game after beating diablo on inferno. If I gave you 2 bil to gear up to an end-game cm wiz, you'd have a ton of fun farming keys, hf rings, running carry, grinding paragon, and eventually dueling in PVP.

Assuming I did want to play this game....

1. What would farming keys or hf rings accomplish if I already have uber gear and can play mp10 just fine?

2. Same thing on paragon. Why is each lvl of paragon exciting? I wouldn't need its power at all.

3. There is no pvp, no date for pvp, and if and when it does come do I even know if it will be any good at all for me to want to play it.
Reply Quote
I dont think ANYONE is upset that you can buy items, this could be done in D2 as well. People who agree with the OP are looking at the topic with a narrow mindset.

The problem with the RMAH being part of the game is that the item system had to be tuned so that good items are damn near impossible to find for the people who just play the game. In D2 you could buy items OR you could find them, yes the really rare items were still damn near impossible to find but you would at least find a few decent sets and uniques that would keep you going and could trade up to better gear.

With D3's item sytem the way it is, its almost designed to frustrate you to the point that you're just like....screw it ill spend a few bucks and get a few decent items.

Just playing the game it is impossible to find the 20 million in gold it takes to buy a decent item without AH flipping.

Precisely my point. The AH is a good trading option, but i didn't buy this game to play an auction house game, i bought it because D1 and D2 gave me a lot of fun hours hunting for items by actually playing them. My characters weren't even the best out there, and i think i only got like 4 or 5 of the high end runewords in all the time i played D2, but the amount of wonderful loot that was available for everyone was just amazing and keeps the spark of the game even today. D3 hasn't got that at all. Right now even a legendary drop is a bitersweet moment, because you already know 95% of them are totally worthless, which just adds up to the thousands of trash yellows sold to the vendor, and this shouldn't happen in a loot-based experience like Diablo.

If people want to buy their stuff with real money, more power to them, but neglecting the actual ingame experience to give prevalence to this new paradigm of microtransactions all big game corporations seem to be agreeing into is just disappointing. A good game shouldn't need to prey on people's frustration to be profitable, and that's what D3 is right now.

Very well stated. I agree with this sentiment 100%. It's one of my "should I quit diablo" demons.
Reply Quote
Yea it's fine. The fact that so many people are invested in this game makes its virtual currency valuable. You could be farming 1m gold an hour doing tedious grinding, which could be fun for the first hour or two. But that epic chest you want costs 50m, so are you going to farm for 50 hours at 33 cents an hour? Or would you rather work a minimum wage job for 2 hours and make 50m? The smarter person would work 2 hours intead of 50. Then we come to the point that you're supposed to be having fun while playing and it's not "work". But what's actually enjoyable about the game? Definitely not farming... Is it the satisfaction of gearing your character up or the challenge of story mode?
Reply Quote
No, it's play to get paid xD By the people who pay to win...
Reply Quote
Paying real money for pixels is not a win in my opinion

Paying blizzard to turn on immune for your character is pay to win

The RMAH closes the gap for people who dont have time but still want to experience the game at its fullest

However, the ratio time:money in the case of GMAH and RMAH is far too ridiculous.

Let me try to iterate what I mean.

You farm for 1 hour and get 1m or you work for 1 hour and get 7.50 (Using nations minimum wage).

With 7.50 you can buy I think its 10m gold??? Not to familiar with the RMAH.

For those that is claiming its unfair. It really isnt.

Because someone has money to throw away for pixels its considered unfair?

We are all born on the same playing field. Free education. and for those families less fortunate like myself there is government housing and welfare.

Myself and all 5 of my siblings raised by 1 parent all finished college and decent average jobs.

More over. My point is that someone who has money to spend doesn't make it unfair because they earned their money which is an opportunity we all have. Unless you are an illegal immigrant or you were born physically challenge which disables you from getting job.

For those that are under 16 and cannot get a job. I can see where the unfairness might apply. However, this is a rate 18+ game so this game was for the adult crowd.

p.s when i was 15 i was cutting grass in my neighborhood for 25 bucks a house.
Reply Quote
no that's not true
Reply Quote
if you have more time, pay it; if you have more money, pay it.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 10:31 PMPosted by jiall1201
if you have more time, pay it; if you have more money, pay it.

it's not like i'm rich or somethin.. it's just that, time is pretty hard to come by
Reply Quote
OP, you're an idiot. If you prioritize other things over the game then you also have to accept you won't have the same amount of resources as other (time in particular). All you do is bypassing all the effort it takes with your credit card. You can do that ofc but don't play it off like it's ok.

It is sort of like a guy saying "I prioritize my gaming, but I also want that IT degree so I will just buy it".

Seriously, RMAH was the worst thing that could happen to this game.
Reply Quote
I feel that anyone who directly buys from the RMAH should have their own ladder system for PVP. PVE is one thing, PVP is another. Skill level being equal, gear quality always wins.

So why should the player who farms for his gear be punished for not having the disposable income of the player who buys his gear?

Let's face it; PVP is going to be an insanely competitive environment. Should real money play a role in who's the best player? No.
Reply Quote
It definitely is a Pay2Win game. Even though the RMAH is not exist, black markets are still here for the same purpose. But I don't resist both of them (RMAH & black market).

However, if RMAH doesn't exist, it might not a Pay2Win as bad as it is now and I do believe Blizzard won't over focus on how to make profit from RMAH and rather scarifying some fun of gameplay and players' interests that are the primary factors for promoting sales to make profit.
Edited by callmeEarly#1980 on 12/3/2012 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
It definitely is a Pay2Win game. Even though the RMAH is not exist, black markets are still here for the same purpose. But I don't resist both of them (RMAH & black market).

However, if RMAH doesn't exist, I do believe Blizzard won't over focus on how to make profit from RMAH and rather scarifying some fun of gameplay and players' interests that are the primary factors for promoting sales to make profit.

For sure, people would still buy stuff for real money but to a much lesse degree as opposted to a system which is officially endorsed by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
OP, you're an idiot. If you prioritize other things over the game then you also have to accept you won't have the same amount of resources as other (time in particular). All you do is bypassing all the effort it takes with your credit card. You can do that ofc but don't play it off like it's ok.

It is sort of like a guy saying "I prioritize my gaming, but I also want that IT degree so I will just buy it".

Seriously, RMAH was the worst thing that could happen to this game.

so much hate in your blood bra, grab a juice or somethin' and chill a bit ;)
Reply Quote
ARCHANGEL: How would you feel if you worked hard at your job to get the pay, then someone else got to get paid the same amount at your job for half the work because they work somewhere else?

That's why people get mad. They put in a ton of time and effort to get their gear and others come in and spend some money and get the same thing.

I can't explain how naive this statement was. Most societies are built this way. The middle class works to live, while the upper class prospers..

So that's justification? Society works that way so so should our games?

He asked a question, I gave an answer. People get mad because he's not doing the work they did for the same result. Wouldn't that upset you in any sort of real life situation?
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Archangel
I have to work about 8 to 10 hours a day full time to feed the family i love most.

In fact I love Diablo III so much i have spent about $400 already in RMTAH to get good gears

and continue feeding my precious family.

Aside from this HILARIOUS contradiction, where you say you love Diablo, yet you spend 400 bucks on gear, ya know, while feeding your precious family with some other money you have, lemme just say this...

how about us people who got families and wont prioritize games above anything else? we want a fair battle too,

You seem to take your work pretty seriously, yet...imagine for a second if a new employee came along and was instantly put into a position above you. A position you've been working years to get promoted to. And through the grapevine, you find out that that person who got hired to that position didn't have good credentials, didn't have a great resume, nothing like...know why they got position?

Because they paid 400 bucks to have it. They didn't earn it, didn't work hard like you did...they just paid 400 bucks, and poof...they're farther along than you.

That's why people hate the AH. Because others use it to get farther ahead than their skill should be getting them. Meanwhile, people with the integrity to take their time and go slow and put little bits of time into the game when they have it available, earn their way, and still don't get as far as the guy who drops 400 bucks for a set of gear they barely know how to optimize.

You wonder why people hate the AH? That's why. Not only are you chopping and slashing into the remaining time you'll be interested in the game, by paying real money for top line gear, but you're also advancing yourself farther along without earning your way.

You want to redeem yourself in that? Create a hardcore character, or build up characters without the help of the AH, only using gear you find. Do that, declare you do that, and people will respect you more.
Edited by CardinalMDM#1269 on 12/4/2012 11:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
-
Edited by MoonUnit#1145 on 12/5/2012 12:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
i guess it's true i'll be getting too much hate on this thread
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]