Diablo® III

RMTAH (RMAH) must stay! It's not Pay 2 Win ..

I actually agree with the OP, I too work in the medical field and can't afford to play all the time just to get good gear. I can afford the gear so why the hell not.

Although, I still agree that it could have been better to upgrade gear IN game rather than AH.

thank you, i'm happy to know i'm not the only one feeling this way.
Reply Quote
what this people dont understand is... we are the ones who's buying those insane amount of gears and therefore they can enjoy the game better while we get the drops that they where lucky to get
Reply Quote
@OP

i agree with you that there is nothing wrong with RMTAH. It should stay. But why buy/play a game if you are just going to spend real $ to complete it? Because you can? Theres no eta on completing the game so why rush the process. Are you saying games that dont allow you to pay to play aren't good for working people?

BTW, i work 12+ hours a day and i didn't spend a cent upgrading my game.

Dude come on... Really? Weak argument. The answer is because we're human. Some of us want that instant gratification. Others may be more patient, but it won't take long before getting extremely bored trying to farm items. The significant time sink will slowly make the game unbearable to play... We're not computers, but people whose interest will wane over time if there aren't enough new things to keep us interested.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 10:32 PMPosted by SeeknDestroy

You know how idiotic that statement sounds? And you find playing games to be mature on some level?

Hence that's why I don't agree with op saying he's mature. Playing a video game isn't mature
but buying items in it is even less.

11/28/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Archangel
Aesthetic and Knavery: i'm so happy to find mature people thinking outside the box

it is kind of insult to actually see an answer like this, but for me being mature is coping up with your responsibilities and life and make these people who rely on you happy and well taken care of. i'm sorry if we're not on the same shoes
Reply Quote

Hence that's why I don't agree with op saying he's mature. Playing a video game isn't mature
but buying items in it is even less.

Sorry man, but I don't agree. If I found that I was playing video games for 12 hours a day as a 40-year-old adult, it might be in my best interest to seek a little help. Don't you think? Some of us have a little disposable income and I think we can use it as we see fit. The way I look at it... I spent 60 bucks on a game that I enjoyed and another 20 to hopefully double the life of the game for me. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that. I'd like to hear an argument against it...

dude you put your words so kindly i'm really impressed here.. hahahahah
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 10:45 PMPosted by SeeknDestroy
Sorry man, but I don't agree. If I found that I was playing video games for 12 hours a day as a 40-year-old adult, it might be in my best interest to seek a little help. Don't you think? Some of us have a little disposable income and I think we can use it as we see fit. The way I look at it... I spent 60 bucks on a game that I enjoyed and another 20 to hopefully double the life of the game for me. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that. I'd like to hear an argument against that...

Nobody is telling to spend 12hrs a day playing but Diablo has always been about a rewarding experience by playing. Blizzard has changed the mechanics of D3 to drive into the rmah. I am just not the kind of person to fall into this money grab concept. After all they already got my money at purchase but they make my gaming experience painful in the sake of greed.

I can't disagree with you on these points. But I'm not trying to convert you or tell you how you should play the game. Sure, Blizzard is comprised of a bunch of greedy bastards now. But the way I look at it is that I already own the game... Why not throw a 20 spot down to get me over the hump I've been stuck on since June?

I felt the same as you initially and I'm still not keen on the idea. But I enjoy the game more now. After all, I'm not a masochist.
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP, there is nothing wrong in using the RMAH. I wish there was an RMAH for hardcore.

I also wish that the only thing bought/sold on the RMAH was gold, so then you could use the gold auction house for all items, equipment, crafts, gems, etc.
Reply Quote
@OP

i agree with you that there is nothing wrong with RMTAH. It should stay. But why buy/play a game if you are just going to spend real $ to complete it? Because you can? Theres no eta on completing the game so why rush the process. Are you saying games that dont allow you to pay to play aren't good for working people?

i respect your opinion friend.. but for me having to play only about 45 mins to an hour a day would really take million years to even survive on mp3 or mp5 to get better chances on the keys for leoric signet, needless to say i have to fight the ubers too
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 10:45 PMPosted by SeeknDestroy
Sorry man, but I don't agree. If I found that I was playing video games for 12 hours a day as a 40-year-old adult, it might be in my best interest to seek a little help. Don't you think? Some of us have a little disposable income and I think we can use it as we see fit. The way I look at it... I spent 60 bucks on a game that I enjoyed and another 20 to hopefully double the life of the game for me. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that. I'd like to hear an argument against that...

Nobody is telling to spend 12hrs a day playing but Diablo has always been about a rewarding experience by playing. Blizzard has changed the mechanics of D3 to drive into the rmah. I am just not the kind of person to fall into this money grab concept. After all they already got my money at purchase but they make my gaming experience painful in the sake of greed.

i'm sorry to disagree my dear friend... but do you really think your $59 (which actually goes to blizzard before tax, they get taxed about 40% of that too fyi, for federal and state taxes so they end up approx about $30) enough for the hard work they did?
Edited by Archangel#1504 on 11/28/2012 11:02 PM PST
Reply Quote

Who cares what you think honestly? Big whoop. Quit worrying about everyone else.

So why did you even reply to my posts? I know you are probably one of the biggest Blizzard fanboy in here but it doesn't mean your opinion is worth more than anybody else.

maybe he replied coz you posted. it's kind of courtesy at some point.
Reply Quote
@OP

Dude come on... Really? Weak argument. The answer is because we're human. Some of us want that instant gratification. Others may be more patient, but it won't take long before getting extremely bored trying to farm items. The significant time sink will slowly make the game unbearable to play... We're not computers, but people whose interest will wane over time if there aren't enough new things to keep us interested.

exactly, specially if the kid will be like... "daddy? can i watch tinkerbell" i cannot say... "no i'm fighting the ubers"
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Archangel
In fact I love Diablo III so much i have spent about $400 already in RMTAH to get good gears

wish i could see your profile to see these "good gears". no offence intended, im just curious.

rmah would be ok if there was a 20$ max limit, but items for $50...$100....$250..simply not worth it, .no thanks. id rather take the missus out to a restaurant, i work to hard to waste my $$$ on virtual pixels.

Either way, how much money other players choose to spend on any amount of items does not and cannot affect me and my gameplay experience so im not too bothered.

My opinion is that in a game such as Diablo, where the only reason i play is to find items to use, simply buying them is a shortcut that defies my very reason for playing, though i accept that not all people play diablo for the same reasons as me.

Theres no way a virtual item, that as blizz states "item properties and values may change overtime due to game balancing" is worth money.
The VERY stat you buy an item for can be deleted or "nerfed" by the company when they feel it becomes overpowered or too widely used. If im gonna pay for something id expect it to remain the way i bought it. imagine buying a Ferrari then after a few months the company comes and modifies it to there desire, not yours, it simply wouldn't happen as its your property, you own it. Virtual blizzard items, no matter how much you pay, remains their property

my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
I don't care either way about the RMAH. The fun for me in Diablo has always been about finding items. If people want to drop a few bucks or more on items then that is their right but you won't see me doing it. I have the money to do so but that takes all the fun out of the game for me.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 11:10 PMPosted by DragonFang
In fact I love Diablo III so much i have spent about $400 already in RMTAH to get good gears

wish i could see your profile to see these "good gears". no offence intended, im just curious.

rmah would be ok if there was a 20$ max limit, but items for $50...$100....$250..simply not worth it, .no thanks. id rather take the missus out to a restaurant, i work to hard to waste my $$$ on virtual pixels.

Either way, how much money other players choose to spend on any amount of items does not and cannot affect me and my gameplay experience so im not too bothered.
My opinion is that in a game such as Diablo, where the only reason i play is to find items to use, simply buying them is a shortcut that defies my very reason for playing, though i accept that not all people play diablo for the same reasons as me.

Theres no way a virtual item, that as blizz states "item properties and values may change overtime due to game balancing" is worth money.
The VERY stat you buy an item for can be deleted or "nerfed" by the company when they feel it becomes overpowered or too widely used. If im gonna pay for something id expect it to remain the way i bought it. imagine buying a Ferrari then after a few months the company comes and modifies it to there desire, not yours, it simply wouldn't happen as its your property, you own it. Virtual blizzard items, no matter how much you pay, remains their property

my 2 cents.

I got away with my entire barb set for 20 bucks. Even RMAH items are dirt cheap. I don't see spending much more than that if any. But I played WoW for four years, so I'm already used to the concept of pay-to-play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]