Diablo® III

RMTAH (RMAH) must stay! It's not Pay 2 Win ..

While I haven't put any money into the RMAH, I've sold things on it and was thankful for the cash. I don't see a problem with people buying a little bit to get ahead.

Where it gets ridiculous is people buying 10 billion gold and outfitting their character in BIS items for like $10,000 USD. That just be crazy.

If you want to use RMAH, then go for it. If you don't want to, then don't. Who cares what other people do. Don't be envious of your neighbor, it gets you nowhere.
Reply Quote
OP has a very good point regarding the purpose and value of RMAH to those who use it. I personally don't use it but it doesn't bother me either. I know my limitations thus I'm just being patient when playing given that I myself have a little enough time each day to play due to IRL stuff like work, family, etc. Only thing that bothers me are those people who don't understand the concept behind such things and instead of finding what benefit it gives on a certain scenario, they close their minds on the negative stuff and QQ like hell. I have to admit that I was annoyed with those people at first but now, they just make me laugh since they're like tape recorders playing over and over again. Only time they'll agree with you is if you agree with what they say. OP, this is a good read. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

The only thing I'm jealous (just a little) about OP is the extra dough to use RMAH. And my wife's probably gonna kill me if I use it and she finds out. xD
Reply Quote
DragonFang:
Archangel:
In fact I love Diablo III so much i have spent about $400 already in RMTAH to get good gears

wish i could see your profile to see these "good gears". no offence intended, im just curious.

rmah would be ok if there was a 20$ max limit, but items for $50...$100....$250..simply not worth it, .no thanks. id rather take the missus out to a restaurant, i work to hard to waste my $$$ on virtual pixels.

Either way, how much money other players choose to spend on any amount of items does not and cannot affect me and my gameplay experience so im not too bothered.

My opinion is that in a game such as Diablo, where the only reason i play is to find items to use, simply buying them is a shortcut that defies my very reason for playing, though i accept that not all people play diablo for the same reasons as me.

Theres no way a virtual item, that as blizz states "item properties and values may change overtime due to game balancing" is worth money.
The VERY stat you buy an item for can be deleted or "nerfed" by the company when they feel it becomes overpowered or too widely used. If im gonna pay for something id expect it to remain the way i bought it. imagine buying a Ferrari then after a few months the company comes and modifies it to there desire, not yours, it simply wouldn't happen as its your property, you own it. Virtual blizzard items, no matter how much you pay, remains their property

my 2 cents.

if this is him: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Archangel-1905/

Then i'm worried if he spent that much money on gear.
Reply Quote
@OP

i agree with you that there is nothing wrong with RMTAH. It should stay. But why buy/play a game if you are just going to spend real $ to complete it? Because you can? Theres no eta on completing the game so why rush the process. Are you saying games that dont allow you to pay to play aren't good for working people?

BTW, i work 12+ hours a day and i didn't spend a cent upgrading my game.

Dude come on... Really? Weak argument. The answer is because we're human. Some of us want that instant gratification. Others may be more patient, but it won't take long before getting extremely bored trying to farm items. The significant time sink will slowly make the game unbearable to play... We're not computers, but people whose interest will wane over time if there aren't enough new things to keep us interested.

I'm not a dude, and i'm not arguing. Can't i ask for OP's opinion without some douche wanting to feel relevant? If you want an answer then... by paying for your "instant gratification" you will soon realize its fleeting and you will be looking for your next "fix".

11/28/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Archangel
i respect your opinion friend.. but for me having to play only about 45 mins to an hour a day would really take million years to even survive on mp3 or mp5 to get better chances on the keys for leoric signet, needless to say i have to fight the ubers too

11/28/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Archangel
exactly, specially if the kid will be like... "daddy? can i watch tinkerbell" i cannot say... "no i'm fighting the ubers"

I see. For me its about the journey. "Ubers", "MP10", "Legendary" are not a requirement for having fun. If my kid said "daddy? can i watch tinkerbell", i will stop playing.

Thanks OP for the honest answer. However i cannot condone how you would encourage rude remarks as long as its only from people who agree with you. As an adult and a father you should provide a better example. Take care.
Reply Quote

So why did you even reply to my posts? I know you are probably one of the biggest Blizzard fanboy in here but it doesn't mean your opinion is worth more than anybody else.

I love the irony. Don't mistake my responses for caring, I'm simply calling you out for trolling.

hahahahaha i'm not suppose to be laughing but this is indeed is worth it :D
Reply Quote

So why did you even reply to my posts? I know you are probably one of the biggest Blizzard fanboy in here but it doesn't mean your opinion is worth more than anybody else.

I love the irony. Don't mistake my responses for caring, I'm simply calling you out for trolling.

hahahahaha i'm not suppose to be laughing but this is indeed is worth it :D
Reply Quote
my son plays less video games than I do, but he also spends more time on Facebook and sitting doing nothing while listening to music. But, then again he will also play a game while listening to a book and watching a show

My dad hasn't played a video game in about 25 years, when he played with me, when I was a kid; he just watches 8+ hrs of tv a day

personally, I watch movies while playing video games, sometimes I even listen to audio books while playing two video games at once; sometimes more than that.

The fact is I get bored easy, just watching a show is not enough to keep me from getting antsy.

Sometimes I even read, play video games and watch/listen to other stuff or voice chat,; muscle memory is the swizzle my nizzle

sometime I even work, play video games and watch Netflix all at once (and still out perform some co-workers)

my point? we are all individuals; we are not all the exact same azzhat; try to respect each other you toolz

http://bytes.com/topic/c-sharp/answers/589961-how-many-ticks-second
Edited by Magius#1534 on 11/29/2012 12:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP, there is nothing wrong in using the RMAH. I wish there was an RMAH for hardcore.

I also wish that the only thing bought/sold on the RMAH was gold, so then you could use the gold auction house for all items, equipment, crafts, gems, etc.

that is so true my friend. i wanted to play hardcore for the longest time but obviously i'll be left behind big time without the RMAH for it...
Reply Quote
In fact I love Diablo III so much i have spent about $400 already in RMTAH to get good gears

wish i could see your profile to see these "good gears". no offence intended, im just curious.

rmah would be ok if there was a 20$ max limit, but items for $50...$100....$250..simply not worth it, .no thanks. id rather take the missus out to a restaurant, i work to hard to waste my $$$ on virtual pixels.

Either way, how much money other players choose to spend on any amount of items does not and cannot affect me and my gameplay experience so im not too bothered.

My opinion is that in a game such as Diablo, where the only reason i play is to find items to use, simply buying them is a shortcut that defies my very reason for playing, though i accept that not all people play diablo for the same reasons as me.

Theres no way a virtual item, that as blizz states "item properties and values may change overtime due to game balancing" is worth money.
The VERY stat you buy an item for can be deleted or "nerfed" by the company when they feel it becomes overpowered or too widely used. If im gonna pay for something id expect it to remain the way i bought it. imagine buying a Ferrari then after a few months the company comes and modifies it to there desire, not yours, it simply wouldn't happen as its your property, you own it. Virtual blizzard items, no matter how much you pay, remains their property

my 2 cents.

i cannot agree with you more. i was kind of hurt by this scenario actually, but i don't blame blizzard 100%. i opted to buy an item 100% of my own free will without anyone pressuring me, but yeah i totally am with you in this matter. i hope some of my stuff would matter more. anyway, i'm so glad open minded people like you exist, just makes me wanna play this game even more
Edited by Archangel#1504 on 11/29/2012 12:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
While I haven't put any money into the RMAH, I've sold things on it and was thankful for the cash. I don't see a problem with people buying a little bit to get ahead.

Where it gets ridiculous is people buying 10 billion gold and outfitting their character in BIS items for like $10,000 USD. That just be crazy.

If you want to use RMAH, then go for it. If you don't want to, then don't. Who cares what other people do. Don't be envious of your neighbor, it gets you nowhere.

brother i know i thanked a lot of people in this thread for being on my side but i wanna thank you more than ever. this is true. i wont spend $250 USD on just a single item, i'm not crazy. you're right, people are just exasperating the price of their auctions just coz they are good. a $50 or maybe $100 at the very most will be the most u can spend on an item not anything more than that. even $100 is really a pain... but i guess that's something we have to feal trying to do the 'shortcut' as someone stated in this thread. i'm glad you're with us by the way friend. :D
Reply Quote
OP has a very good point regarding the purpose and value of RMAH to those who use it. I personally don't use it but it doesn't bother me either. I know my limitations thus I'm just being patient when playing given that I myself have a little enough time each day to play due to IRL stuff like work, family, etc. Only thing that bothers me are those people who don't understand the concept behind such things and instead of finding what benefit it gives on a certain scenario, they close their minds on the negative stuff and QQ like hell. I have to admit that I was annoyed with those people at first but now, they just make me laugh since they're like tape recorders playing over and over again. Only time they'll agree with you is if you agree with what they say. OP, this is a good read. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

The only thing I'm jealous (just a little) about OP is the extra dough to use RMAH. And my wife's probably gonna kill me if I use it and she finds out. xD

i literally loled on that tape recorders, and realized you're right hahahahaha!!!! they are just repeating like there's no tomorrow! and regarding your wife gonna kill you, man, trust me, i've been there i just dodge the knife coz i have high dexterity... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
This kid literally trolls the forums daily with nothing significant to say.
Constantly disagreeing with positive perspectives and bashing a game you currently play is beyond redundant. Fanboys are usually confused.

@Ender

Looking at this thread objectively, SeeknDestroy contributed more valid points than you. We can do a recap count if you wish to dispute me. From the start all you do is insult others.
Reply Quote
that's not me. just a hit, i have a 4 level 60s.. missing a demon hunter :D
Reply Quote

Dude come on... Really? Weak argument. The answer is because we're human. Some of us want that instant gratification. Others may be more patient, but it won't take long before getting extremely bored trying to farm items. The significant time sink will slowly make the game unbearable to play... We're not computers, but people whose interest will wane over time if there aren't enough new things to keep us interested.

I'm not a dude, and i'm not arguing. Can't i ask for OP's opinion without some douche wanting to feel relevant? If you want an answer then... by paying for your "instant gratification" you will soon realize its fleeting and you will be looking for your next "fix".

11/28/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Archangel
i respect your opinion friend.. but for me having to play only about 45 mins to an hour a day would really take million years to even survive on mp3 or mp5 to get better chances on the keys for leoric signet, needless to say i have to fight the ubers too

11/28/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Archangel
exactly, specially if the kid will be like... "daddy? can i watch tinkerbell" i cannot say... "no i'm fighting the ubers"

I see. For me its about the journey. "Ubers", "MP10", "Legendary" are not a requirement for having fun. If my kid said "daddy? can i watch tinkerbell", i will stop playing.

Thanks OP for the honest answer. However i cannot condone how you would encourage rude remarks as long as its only from people who agree with you. As an adult and a father you should provide a better example. Take care.

as being a father myself my friend. i'm not disagreeing with you. i wouldn't say no either thats why i stated it in my case. anyway we have different ways and i respect yours, goodluck with our kids my friend... and see you in the battlefield? though im pretty sure you'll kick my !@# lol :D
Reply Quote
my son plays less video games than I do, but he also spends more time on Facebook and sitting doing nothing while listening to music. But, then again he will also play a game while listening to a book and watching a show

My dad hasn't played a video game in about 25 years, when he played with me, when I was a kid; he just watches 8+ hrs of tv a day

personally, I watch movies while playing video games, sometimes I even listen to audio books while playing two video games at once; sometimes more than that.

The fact is I get bored easy, just watching a show is not enough to keep me from getting antsy.

Sometimes I even read, play video games and watch/listen to other stuff or voice chat,; muscle memory is the swizzle my nizzle

sometime I even work, play video games and watch Netflix all at once (and still out perform some co-workers)

my point? we are all individuals; we are not all the exact same azzhat; try to respect each other you toolz

http://bytes.com/topic/c-sharp/answers/589961-how-many-ticks-second

i'm sorry but the word toolz ruined the whole message. you started strong and worth listening but street talk just ruined it. anyway i appreciate your response and i'm glad you're doing well with your family. thank you and i appreciate your time...
Reply Quote
wow, the best answer i read so far. so true friend.. those billions auctions hurt me like hell, i wish here's like a $100 cap or $250 cap at most for the items but i'm exactly just not exactly someone blizzard will listen to :(
Reply Quote
i guess i have to go to bed in a bit, i promise i'll be back tomorrow :D let's continue this when blizzard is actually listening? :D
Reply Quote
Just ignore those nerdtards who hates RMAH or GAH, heck when I was still new to D3 GAH help me a lot to level faster because every low level barb items I need is in there!
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 12:45 AMPosted by pher12x
Just ignore those nerdtards who hates RMAH or GAH, heck when I was still new to D3 GAH help me a lot to level faster because every low level barb items I need is in there!

true that! that's the reason i was able to level 4 level sixtys except for a demon hunter. i'm glad we're on the same boat at this!
Reply Quote
i will definitely be back tomorrow at about 2PM PST (-08:00 GMT PST). for now, i have to go to bed coz my wifey is yelling that why i'm still awake hahaha. anyway, catch you friends tomorrow? and i hope blizzard would somehow listen to the minority like me who wants to keep RMTAH RMAH (whatever u wanna call it) alive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]