Diablo® III

RMTAH (RMAH) must stay! It's not Pay 2 Win ..

1) If you have a family and are spending $400 on a video game, you have a problem, a BIG problem. That $400 could be going into an education fund which is not cheap. Is it any of my business? Nope, but it's people like you that funnel money into the game that at least, for the time being gives Blizzard an incentive to keep trying to improve D3.

2) The option of pay to win is there and it can be very enticing to people such as yourself who cannot dedicate a lot of time to the game. The problem is, once you've got your gear.. what is there left to do?

Ok, so I dumped say $1000 in the game, I've got pretty good gear (NOT gears) like some of you twits keep saying that don't seem to understand basic English. I have excellent dps, I don't really have any problems running any of the acts.. soooooo what else is there for me to do?

All I've done is bought my way out of progression and landed myself on a treadmill that goes no where. What's the point exactly?

When PvP comes out, and if gear is purchasable on the RMAH, it will be fully pay to win.
Edited by Deadlysynz#1583 on 11/29/2012 12:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
it's pay 2 win but :

it's not player A pays to win vs player B

It's player A pays to win vs the game...because it's almost impossible to be very good with self-found gear. And at the same time, the rmah removes the fun of the progression, the item hunt, etc. Only thing left is the paragon grind which is useless if you already buy your gear with real $, making magic find pretty much useless.

there's no competition between players yet...when pvp comes out, it may become a real pay2win game!
Reply Quote
[quote="71990453443"]1) If you have a family and are spending $400 on a video game, you have a problem, a BIG problem. That $400 could be going into an education fund which is not cheap. Is it any of my business? Nope, but it's people like you that funnel money into the game that at least, for the time being gives Blizzard an incentive to keep trying to improve D3. quote]

lol..what if he makes 150k a year? is it still a problem? its all relative!
Reply Quote
Made it to five pages and still no one has realized the guy is a troll, impressive.
Reply Quote
my son plays less video games than I do, but he also spends more time on Facebook and sitting doing nothing while listening to music. But, then again he will also play a game while listening to a book and watching a show

My dad hasn't played a video game in about 25 years, when he played with me, when I was a kid; he just watches 8+ hrs of tv a day

personally, I watch movies while playing video games, sometimes I even listen to audio books while playing two video games at once; sometimes more than that.

The fact is I get bored easy, just watching a show is not enough to keep me from getting antsy.

Sometimes I even read, play video games and watch/listen to other stuff or voice chat,; muscle memory is the swizzle my nizzle

sometime I even work, play video games and watch Netflix all at once (and still out perform some co-workers)

my point? we are all individuals; we are not all the exact same azzhat; try to respect each other you toolz

http://bytes.com/topic/c-sharp/answers/589961-how-many-ticks-second

i'm sorry but the word toolz ruined the whole message. you started strong and worth listening but street talk just ruined it. anyway i appreciate your response and i'm glad you're doing well with your family. thank you and i appreciate your time...

that was my intent, I went from sounding mostly rational and well thought out to sounding like a forum lurking "hardcore" gamer it was intended to be a juxtaposition, but maybe that got lost
Edited by Magius#1534 on 11/29/2012 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
What's the reason for this thread? RMAH isn't going anywhere (afaik anyway)
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Ender
That's obviously a lie, your on his bandwagon. Instigating an argument by calling people immature is irrelevant to the topic. Other than troll bait, there's literally no reason for those remarks. Defending him makes your intentions the same, both of you are certified trolls.

Lets look at your first 3 posts vs his first 3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I work all day all and it saddens me that people have to resort to RMAH.

This "sad" story that you try and bring us is pathetic. Its unfair to have RMAH in our face when we log on.

Caring about others, very considerate of you.

11/28/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Lurs
RMAH is the biggest abomination in gaming history, and even Blizzard knows it failed (look the interview I posted at my 25 page thread), so thankfully we will never see a RMAH in future games, thats for sure.

Blizzard took initiative because of third party trafficking.

There's nothing mature about paying money for virtual items in a video game that you should be able to find by playing. Unfortunately Blizzard knew too well people would keep spending so they acted accordingly by nerfing the loot.

You payed money for the game itself, how moronic..

You know how idiotic that statement sounds? And you find playing games to be mature on some level?

Yea it is more mature to play 12+ hours a day... Some people have jobs, those who don't can farm more often and get better gear quicker thus having the edge....

People would buy through 3rd parties like they did in d2. People will sell items and there will always be buyers no matter what the game is...

That kids a troll, don't worry.

Hence that's why I don't agree with op saying he's mature. Playing a video game isn't mature
but buying items in it is even less.

Still trolling?

Indeed I did. But I am not foolish enough to pay again up to 5 times the price of the game for content that is supposed be available while playing.

Who cares what you think honestly? Big whoop. Quit worrying about everyone else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/28/2012 10:25 PMPosted by SeeknDestroy
There's nothing mature about paying money for virtual items in a video game that you should be able to find by playing. Unfortunately Blizzard knew too well people would keep spending so they acted accordingly by nerfing the loot.

You payed money for the game itself, how moronic..

Indeed I did. But I am not foolish enough to pay again up to 5 times the price of the game for content that is supposed be available while playing.

11/28/2012 10:45 PMPosted by SeeknDestroy
Sorry man, but I don't agree. If I found that I was playing video games for 12 hours a day as a 40-year-old adult, it might be in my best interest to seek a little help. Don't you think? Some of us have a little disposable income and I think we can use it as we see fit. The way I look at it... I spent 60 bucks on a game that I enjoyed and another 20 to hopefully double the life of the game for me. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that. I'd like to hear an argument against that...

Nobody is telling to spend 12hrs a day playing but Diablo has always been about a rewarding experience by playing. Blizzard has changed the mechanics of D3 to drive into the rmah. I am just not the kind of person to fall into this money grab concept. After all they already got my money at purchase but they make my gaming experience painful in the sake of greed.
Edited by TheCursed#6888 on 11/29/2012 2:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
cont.

11/29/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Ender
That's obviously a lie, your on his bandwagon. Instigating an argument by calling people immature is irrelevant to the topic. Other than troll bait, there's literally no reason for those remarks. Defending him makes your intentions the same, both of you are certified trolls.

Am i lying? If so, which part? What did you contribute actually? So if i'm defending him, i'm automatically your enemy?

1. He provided his honest opinion, and while it might not be a praise, it can be received as constructive criticism.

2. You wasted 3 posts baiting people to argue with you. You directly called people out.

If he did call you "immature", then you certainly did not prove him wrong.

Am i still lying?

Edit: OP posted that he is in support of RMAH. We are discussing its merits. He might want or not want to listed to people disagreeing with him. He can always argue his case if he wishes to. Same applies to everyone.

YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO CLARIFY YOUR STAND!
Edited by TheCursed#6888 on 11/29/2012 3:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Are you crazy? You will still "win" without the RMAH. If you really loved the game you would play it without skipping most of its content.

Why do people act like other players have an "edge" over them? This game has no pvp in it, why does it matter if other people can play it more than you and thus have better gear? For that matter does it really make you feel better to buy the gear that they have with real money? Why?
Edited by stryker#1589 on 11/29/2012 3:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Totally agree. We work for the money to pay too. How is it unfair.
Reply Quote
I work all day all and it saddens me that people have to resort to RMAH.

This "sad" story that you try and bring us is pathetic. Its unfair to have RMAH in our face when we log on.

then i guess you don't have a family to care about. you must be living by yourself or your mom's or sharing with a friend. i had to buy a house and take care of my loving wife and kid above anything else.. but i still wanna have fun on the side... with diablo 3

Thats not even an argument. I have the exact same responsibilities as you....full time job, house, wife, kid and I see no reason that the RMAH needs to exist. If you love video games then you wouldn't want to pay to skip the content. If you don't enjoy the item grind then you don't enjoy the game. I'm not hating on that. I don't enjoy D3 so I don't play it. Simple.
Reply Quote
Don't fool yourself, the RMAH is clearly pay to win.
But that doesn't make any better or worse than the gold AH.

Especially when you consider people can play the AH game to earn godly gear much faster than farming.

I agree that these elements must stay in the game though. Especially the RMAH.
We as players deserve a means of getting a return on our investment.

I don't care that it primarily funds bots and exploiters, the every day gamer can benefit from it as well and that's what's important.
Reply Quote
Without the RMAH, D3 is a terrible game anyway. No content to play and no interesting character builds. The chance to make real money off chumps like you, that's the real reason to play. Once that slows down, the average player will stop playing and move to the next game.
Reply Quote
for a guy with a "decent paying" job, this OP is a moron.

So let me get this straight....

It's OK for you to pay to win because you don't have time to play.

But then there are those who don't have this "decent job" factor who play a lot, and get nothing in return because they can't RMAH...and some how that's OK to you?

Dude, your logic is straight 'tarded.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 05:15 AMPosted by Lurs

yeah blizzard thought it's failed coz us the minority were out numbered by kids playing all day and not giving us matured people with responsibilities to cope up with the situation. having RMAH changed all that, now we are on the same battlefield with the same gear

Im both at college and also got a well paid part time job, so I got good income and very little sparetime. yet I despise RMAH, and I would never ever support such a pathetic system.

Difference between you and me is that I know how to play, while you`re a plain out BAD player who cant beat games without cheating, then hiding behind the "casual" or "I got a life" tag. And in case you ask, I beat this game on Inferno 5 months ago while this game was at its hardest with the crap gear im wearing now (look my EU profile), and with 100 hours played in total.

You are not going to touch on how he is longs to be on the same level with kids who play computer games all day?

X3
Reply Quote
This kid literally trolls the forums daily with nothing significant to say.
Constantly disagreeing with positive perspectives and bashing a game you currently play is beyond redundant. Fanboys are usually confused.

@Ender

Looking at this thread objectively, SeeknDestroy contributed more valid points than you. We can do a recap count if you wish to dispute me. From the start all you do is insult others.

You're a troll plain and simple. I stated your argument is weak and you resulted to insults. I don't think you're the best person to be decide who is contributing more. GTFO...
Edited by Knavery#1476 on 11/29/2012 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]