Diablo® III

RMTAH (RMAH) must stay! It's not Pay 2 Win ..

The only thing RMAH removes is any sense of pride you might have knowing you played and found / won something. If you dont care about pride, and just enjoy playing to play, then RMAH is no different than paying for a soda or a date at the movies.

Only question I have is... if you work so hard to feed the family, why are you spending 400$ on RMAH? Work less hard, spend more time with family.
Reply Quote
Aw shucks, I wanted to view your profile and see your 400 dollars worth of gear.

Never mind, I found your first post on the forums calling out diablo 3 fanboys for being blind fanboys.

And unless I'm blind, you have less than 5 dollars worth of gear on all your characters.
Edited by Sedon#1127 on 11/29/2012 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
1) If you have a family and are spending $400 on a video game, you have a problem, a BIG problem ...

it makes me sad people like you exist
Reply Quote
[quote="71990453443"]1) If you have a family and are spending $400 on a video game, you have a problem, a BIG problem. That $400 could be going into an education fund which is not cheap. Is it any of my business? Nope, but it's people like you that funnel money into the game that at least, for the time being gives Blizzard an incentive to keep trying to improve D3. quote]

lol..what if he makes 150k a year? is it still a problem? its all relative!

so true, it's all relative, i guess some people dont really think much and just play all day? :D
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Noilleber
Made it to five pages and still no one has realized the guy is a troll, impressive.

excuse me? :)
Reply Quote
Are you crazy? You will still "win" without the RMAH. If you really loved the game you would play it without skipping most of its content.

Why do people act like other players have an "edge" over them? This game has no pvp in it, why does it matter if other people can play it more than you and thus have better gear? For that matter does it really make you feel better to buy the gear that they have with real money? Why?

i believe we humans are just very competitive. having better gears and killing high level monsters gives this sense of gratification
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Lurs
What's the reason for this thread? RMAH isn't going anywhere (afaik anyway)

Nope, RMAH has alrdy killed this game, but because of all us "haters", chances are very small that we will ever see a RMAH in future games, especially not in any major titles

LOL in your dreams. Just b/c a few haters cry really loud doesn't mean that's reflective of the community, or even moreso, has any bearing on what Blizzard will do. They clearly are making money from it so I don't see why they WOULDN'T include it in the future. From their perspective what do they have to lose? Most of those complaining about it are clearly the type who complain about something no matter what. There's no pleasing some people.
Reply Quote
The only thing RMAH removes is any sense of pride you might have knowing you played and found / won something. If you dont care about pride, and just enjoy playing to play, then RMAH is no different than paying for a soda or a date at the movies.

Only question I have is... if you work so hard to feed the family, why are you spending 400$ on RMAH? Work less hard, spend more time with family.

Even if he did that how does that solve his D3 problem? He's still doing something other then playing.

The funny thing is that personally I think that people who have tons of time on their hands have an unfair advantage over those of us with jobs and families. Why should someone who is unemployed or who is single with an easy job get an advantage over everyone else? To me the RMAH helps balance it out for everyone. It gives everyone a chance.
Reply Quote
for a guy with a "decent paying" job, this OP is a moron.

So let me get this straight....

It's OK for you to pay to win because you don't have time to play.

But then there are those who don't have this "decent job" factor who play a lot, and get nothing in return because they can't RMAH...and some how that's OK to you?

Dude, your logic is straight 'tarded.

easy with the words bra, people may find it offensive. think whatever you wanna think
Reply Quote
RMAH has been awesome for me. Early on, I was able sell some things I found on RMAH. When Warcraft MoP came out I used those D3 proceeds to buy the game. Also used proceeds from D3 items I sold to pay for Warcraft faction xfer. Its awesome that Blizz lets players themselves make money rather than resorting to black market means of doing so.

Don't try to blame RMAH for you perceived ills of the game. People would be driven to buy gold from Chinese if it wasn't for RMAH. Those who didn't, especially casuals, would be at a disadvantage due to even higher AH price flipping inflation than exists now.

Micro-transactions are hugely popular and successful for other games. I'm thankful that we have the option to participate in this one on the selling end.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Aesthetic
RMAH haters are just jelly. Congrats, you have a well paying job that allows you to have disposable income to spend on RMAH and take care of your family.

lol you keep telling yourself that scrub.real gamers play the right way not the PAY TO WIN way.people who use the rmah to buy gear are just lazy baddies who do not know the true meaning of game play.

I have a family as well and bills and job and everything i have, i have found in game or bought off gah from selling gear that i found from farming (never used rmah).So to peeps using the excuse of well i have a job , i have family , wah wah wah .. is just a lame excuse to use rmah.
Reply Quote

you're not telling me what to do now, are you? we run our lives differently. and i dont wanna tell the reason why i can spend $400 on a game i really like or else this thread will be hated more
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Ender

Nope, RMAH has alrdy killed this game, but because of all us "haters", chanses are very small that we will ever see a RMAH in future games, espesially not in any major titles

Any game that has third party sites trafficking their property will take initiative sooner or later.
Hate all you want. Unless you have a better business proposition, I doubt you changed a thing.

right on the money! every post you make is completely genius friend
Reply Quote
Aw shucks, I wanted to view your profile and see your 400 dollars worth of gear.

Never mind, I found your first post on the forums calling out diablo 3 fanboys for being blind fanboys.

And unless I'm blind, you have less than 5 dollars worth of gear on all your characters.

awe, so cocky lol
Reply Quote
Are you crazy? You will still "win" without the RMAH. If you really loved the game you would play it without skipping most of its content.

Why do people act like other players have an "edge" over them? This game has no pvp in it, why does it matter if other people can play it more than you and thus have better gear? For that matter does it really make you feel better to buy the gear that they have with real money? Why?

i believe we humans are just very competitive. having better gears and killing high level monsters gives this sense of gratification

Actually, I'm not that competitive. I just do what makes me happy. One person said we lose some sense of pride by using the RMAH. Really? This is a game. I don't take it any more seriously than that. Pride doesn't even factor into the equation. So for me, yes... It's like paying for a night at the movies.

Others have said that once you gear your character out via the RMAH, there's nothing left to do. I used to be in this camp as well, but realized it's pure BS. There will ALWAYS be ways to improve your character. There are the paragon and MP levels to work through.

I do believe in being responsible when it comes to how much I spend, but I don't feel I have the right to tell others how much they can or can't spend. Those that question the OP are judgemental pricks that feel they can say what they want on a forum while standing on their soap boxes. They're hypocrites plain and simple--easy to see through that !@#$.

Everyone has their vices and anyone who claims otherwise is lying through their teeth. That goes with the RMAH and everything else we spend money on that we don't need. Personally, I buy more guitars than I'll ever need. My girlfriend buys too many pairs of shoes. We all spend money on %^-* we don't need. Just because you're vehemently against the RMAH doesn't mean you should take it out on those using it. It's a service provided by Blizzard and it's legal. Unlike the botting and 3rd party gold sites.
Edited by Knavery#1476 on 11/29/2012 12:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Even if he did that how does that solve his D3 problem? He's still doing something other then playing.

The funny thing is that personally I think that people who have tons of time on their hands have an unfair advantage over those of us with jobs and families. Why should someone who is unemployed or who is single with an easy job get an advantage over everyone else? To me the RMAH helps balance it out for everyone. It gives everyone a chance.

exactly my point thank you, i guess some people are just really not that open minded on some things
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Krazykoosh
RMAH haters are just jelly. Congrats, you have a well paying job that allows you to have disposable income to spend on RMAH and take care of your family.

lol you keep telling yourself that scrub.real gamers play the right way not the PAY TO WIN way.people who use the rmah to buy gear are just lazy baddies who do not know the true meaning of game play.

I have a family as well and bills and job and everything i have, i have found in game or bought off gah from selling gear that i found from farming (never used rmah).So to peeps using the excuse of well i have a job , i have family , wah wah wah .. is just a lame excuse to use rmah.

i respect your opinion. but that doesn't necessarily mean you're right.
Reply Quote

Actually, I'm not that competitive. I just do what makes me happy. One person said we lose some sense of pride by using the RMAH. Really? This is a game. I don't take it any more seriously than that. Pride doesn't even factor into the equation. So for me, yes... It's like paying for a night at the movies.

Others have said that once you gear your character out via the RMAH, there's nothing left to do. I used to be in this camp as well, but realized it's pure BS. There will ALWAYS be ways to improve your character. There are the paragon and MP levels to work through.

I do believe in being responsible when it comes to how much I spend, but I don't feel I have the right to tell others how much they can or can't spend. Those that question the OP are judgemental pricks that feel they can say what they want on a forum while standing on their soap boxes. They're hypocrites plain and simple--easy to see through that !@#$.

Everyone has their vices and anyone who claims otherwise is lying through their teeth. That goes with the RMAH and everything else we spend money on that we don't need. Personally, I buy more guitars than I'll ever need. My girlfriend buys too many pairs of shoes. We all spend money on %^-* we don't need. Just because you're vehemently against the RMAH doesn't mean you should take it out on those using it. It's a service provided by Blizzard and it's legal. Unlike the botting and 3rd party gold sites.

i'm the OP.. :D i'm totally with you. i loled on your gf buys too many pairs of shoes, and i'm guessing purses too? hahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]