Diablo® III

RMTAH (RMAH) must stay! It's not Pay 2 Win ..

I gotta admit, I was against the RMAH at first, but after coming back and still not getting any drops, and also not being able to get past Act II, I decided to put 20 bucks in my BNet account. I was able to get everything you see on my barbarian with that. And I just cleared inferno today and having a blast. I know I have many improvements to make, but I'm at the point now where I don't have to spend any more money on him.

So to the OP... I'm right there with you on this one. I don't know if it's the right path to go down, but it certainly makes things a lot easier for us working adults.

I'm sorry, how is this not PAY TO WIN?

The only saving grace is that it doesn't directly impact the gameplay of others (yet - wait for PvP).

What it does is allows Blizz to justify the horrible drop rate system and dependence on relentless grinding to get ahead... because hey, if you don't like it, spend some real $$ so they get their cut.

Just my .02, but !@#$ty game design is %^-*ty.

And no, I don't play anymore, I just keep coming to forums from time to time on the off chance they post some info about a change that will make the game suck less.

I didn't say it's NOT pay to win. I believe the OP used the title in response to a similar thread. To me, it clearly is pay to win. I was agreeing that it's perfectly OK to use if one wants to.
Reply Quote
To the OP:

Solid thread, I'm in the same boat but with a child on the way so I wont be able to steal anyones bases too often here soon.

People saying that its pay to win prbably never waited for shadow when the continents broke.
Edited by Mountains#1924 on 11/29/2012 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
I work all day all and it saddens me that people have to resort to RMAH.

This "sad" story that you try and bring us is pathetic. Its unfair to have RMAH in our face when we log on.

then i guess you don't have a family to care about. you must be living by yourself or your mom's or sharing with a friend. i had to buy a house and take care of my loving wife and kid above anything else.. but i still wanna have fun on the side... with diablo 3

I totally support you, we have live outside the game, plus is better to spend a few bucks on a video game and not in a crazy bar night.....
Reply Quote
I'm in the same situation as OP. And I can honestly tell you without RMAH I would have stopped playing this game a long time ago.

I just don't understand what everyone's problem is with RMAH. If you don't like it, don't use it. How is it pay2win? Who's winning what? It's a single player game, what other people buy and sell for $ does not affect you.
Reply Quote
for a guy with a "decent paying" job, this OP is a moron.

So let me get this straight....

It's OK for you to pay to win because you don't have time to play.

But then there are those who don't have this "decent job" factor who play a lot, and get nothing in return because they can't RMAH...and some how that's OK to you?

Dude, your logic is straight 'tarded.

easy with the words bra, people may find it offensive. think whatever you wanna think

go cry to your mom. i'd say the same thing to the OP's face...except i wouldnt hold back as much as i did. i find 99.9% of the world to be complete idiots.
Reply Quote
RMAH is good for some and !@#$ty for others. yes it makes the game pay to win. some people like you enjoy it for obvious reasons (they cant play for hours a day to farm the good gear)

but rmah also makes the gold auction house suck.

there is ups and downs personally i only use rmah to buy gold. and ive only spent like 60 bucks on gold. i think it woulda been best if we were only able to buy gold on rmah

but yes like the guy who said it a few post above me. not everyone has a decent paying job and 50 percent of those people cant make gold on GAH because the rmah made the gah hard as !@#$ to sell anything less then 10mill
Edited by Frosty#1425 on 11/29/2012 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
we may seem to be the minority in this game, but if they really want to make this game competitive, RMTAH is the way to go for people like us who have larger responsibilities in life.

Archangel, I disagree wholeheartedly with every aspect of the RMAH, but your explanation in your OP helps me see that while I might abhor the idea, to some it is a boon to their ability to play.

Ignore the haters: You said yourself that you'd get them, and you are... hahaha. Look at it like this: You came to the forums to send a message that you (for your personal reasons) like the RMAH. That's it. People will agree (like so many have), and people will disagree (like I sorta do). Not a lot you can do about it. I'm sure Zarhym, Bashiok, Lyrilla, Vaeflare, and the other peeps at Blizzard don't mind reading about how an aspect of the game improved a player's (game) life.
Reply Quote
I beat the game on Inferno. If I use the RMAH to get better gear my character to better farm higher MP levels to gear my other characters, is that "pay-to-win"? I mean, I already won, right?
Edited by Kedemel#1308 on 11/29/2012 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
+1, Agree with OP
Reply Quote
rmah is a good thing imo. You can spend a little money and save yourself hours of grinding or not use it and get it all on your own. I dont see how it will affect you if you choose not to use it. Why does it bother people that someone can buy their gear if they chose not to? The best part of the rmah is the fact that you can actually make real money if you choose to. I could easily make more than the $60 I paid for the game should i choose to quit playing it. Its not like people wouldnt be able to purchase gears without the rmah. It would be much more difficult to sell for real money without it though. Also my personal opinion is that people that have large amounts of gold didnt purchase it on the RMAH, but instead made that money on the GAH. It is totally not necessary to use the rmah. I havent felt the need to use it but why should i care if someone wants to spend $20 or $30 bucks to save themselves a hundred hours of grinding? My only criticism is there really isnt a need for a RMAH, All they really needed was a currency exchange. This way all the items would be on the same auction house and there would still be the ability to use real $
Reply Quote
I bought my Zunimassa's off the RMAH and honestly don't disillusion yourselves, RMAH is pay to win. The problem is some people treat the action as something inferior and looking at some posts here; a number of pay to winners believe it. You really shouldn't feel that way.

There's no shame in spending some hard earned cash to enjoy your leisure time. Anyone who believes P2W as something to be frowned upon doesn't understand the larger issues of life yet.
Reply Quote
I don't consider the RMAH cheating, mostly because d3 isnt really a pvp game or ranking, as of now it is mostly whoever gets lucky farming the most. The problem is, why are you spending 400$ on a video game? it costs 60, why not have fun PLAYING AND PROGRESSING' instead of just skipping to end game...
Reply Quote
I bought my Zunimassa's off the RMAH and honestly don't disillusion yourselves, RMAH is pay to win. The problem is some people treat the action as something inferior and looking at some posts here; a number of pay to winners believe it. You really shouldn't feel that way.

There's no shame in spending some hard earned cash to enjoy your leisure time. Anyone who believes P2W as something to be frowned upon doesn't understand the larger issues of life yet.

RMAH is for cheaters and bad players, its as simple as that. You guys say "if there were no RMAH, we would buy gold from third party sites anyways", and that proves my point even further.

And there's nothing you are able to do about it except feel cheated. Here's the thing; no one can live your life for you, so why expect to tell other's how to live theirs?
Reply Quote
I gotta admit, I was against the RMAH at first, but after coming back and still not getting any drops, and also not being able to get past Act II, I decided to put 20 bucks in my BNet account. I was able to get everything you see on my barbarian with that. And I just cleared inferno today and having a blast. I know I have many improvements to make, but I'm at the point now where I don't have to spend any more money on him.

So to the OP... I'm right there with you on this one. I don't know if it's the right path to go down, but it certainly makes things a lot easier for us working adults.

So what you're saying is that the game design wouldn't allow you to get anything good on your own, frustrating you enough that you gave in and spent money on this game beyond the purchase price. And instead of realizing how badly you just got scammed and wishing the game weren't set up in such a way, you ended up liking it.

Baffling.
Reply Quote
Come on guys...... you can buy digital content in your smartphone games, online, xbox, diablo 3, and plenty more. This is no different. just more expensive than other games doing the same thing.

Go download a free iphone game and right there is an option to buy digital currency for upgrades of some kind. People thinking the rmah is some one of a kind game abomination need to get out more.

If I sit at a desk all day for my job and have enough extra money to buy sweat gear for the hour or 2 a night i get to play D3 then I will do that. If you have 10 to 12 hours a day to farm D3 to get the same gear then do it. I don't see what the problem is...
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Systemex
I don't consider the RMAH cheating, mostly because d3 isnt really a pvp game or ranking, as of now it is mostly whoever gets lucky farming the most. The problem is, why are you spending 400$ on a video game? it costs 60, why not have fun PLAYING AND PROGRESSING' instead of just skipping to end game...

I only spend $49.45 above what I payed for the game. Depending on a person's income, spending $1000's may not be excessive, albeit those persons are very few and far between. If someone make's 6 figures or more, they'll find all sorts of ways to spend their money.
Reply Quote
i too luv the rmah it is fun and add a new side of this game.
one of the mani reasons i started to play was to see how much money i could make on it. but instaed found a fun game that with out the rmah i would have nvr have played
i haven spent over $300 soo far and luv getting me gold on pay day
Reply Quote
[quote]
1) If you have a family and are spending $400 on a video game, you have a problem, a BIG problem. That $400 could be going into an education fund which is not cheap. Is it any of my business? Nope, but it's people like you that funnel money into the game that at least, for the time being gives Blizzard an incentive to keep trying to improve D3. quote]

lol..what if he makes 150k a year? is it still a problem? its all relative!

so true, it's all relative, i guess some people dont really think much and just play all day? :D

Your trying to put down the people who play all day and yet you care so much about being as powerful as them that you pay a bunch of money for in game content?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]