Diablo® III

RMTAH (RMAH) must stay! It's not Pay 2 Win ..

11/28/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Archangel
I have to work about 8 to 10 hours a day full time to feed the family i love most.

11/28/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Archangel
i have spent about $400 already in RMTAH

Two questions:

If you have to work up to 10 hours a day to feed this family are you sure you should be spending $400 on a computer game?

Do you have other families you love less and don't feed? :P
Reply Quote
I agree with OP. for you haters, you think D2 was not a pay2win game?
I'm a doctor, and I love RMAH.
Reply Quote
man I've been away from forums since my last post got me banned for like a week....
I just flipped at the blizzard employee posting about his damn cat going to work with him... freaking retarded...
that being said... I am against the RMAH, I believe that allowing us to pay for items thus giving us the choice to buy godly gear is really not the Diablo way, you have to farm your !@# off to get your gear or another piece of gear that sells for a decent amount of gold so you can then and only then buy it from the GAH
All of you RMAH lovers will say: "I don't have time to play that much, I have a family.. bla bla bla" Well, to you guys I say: I don't have much time too, I don't play this game for more than like an hour cuz it makes me sleepy and I will never consider buying my items with real money, mainly becouse I've been doing alright, I have decent gear (all farmed or bought with gold) and I dont need extra gear to have "fun" as most of you are pointing out
and I just have to say this, imo it's retarded to use your money to buy pixels but if you are gonna do it, please buy godly gear... don't use money to buy crap gear that you can have in time by just farming the game... it's so easy to farm MP1 or 2 or even MP0 if you dont give a $%^- about the keys... and to the OP: all that talk about your lovely wife and your adorable kids, just gave me a chuckle, go make love to your wife after work.. play with your kids... or play any of the other amazing games that are out there, if you have to pay $400 to just have "fun" on D3, then really the game isn't for you
Edited by leovolao#1637 on 11/29/2012 5:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
RMTAH must go. Ruins the future of gaming
Reply Quote
So people should stop playing and start working to get better at a game? I'm sorry man but does not make sense, let's see how that strategy works for you in PvP
Edited by leovolao#1637 on 11/29/2012 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
why are you so retarded and obviously lacking in any education.
Reply Quote
RMAH users defending using the RMAH...no bias there for sure.

You paid real money to skip farming in a farming game so you can farm faster. If you didn't enjoy farming in the first place, why spend hundreds more dollars when you could have bought numerous other games that you might enjoy more?
Reply Quote
It's your game, do what you want. If you enjoy the game and want to spend money on it, it's your choice, nobody else can change that, as long as you're having fun with it.
Reply Quote
I gotta admit, I was against the RMAH at first, but after coming back and still not getting any drops, and also not being able to get past Act II, I decided to put 20 bucks in my BNet account. I was able to get everything you see on my barbarian with that. And I just cleared inferno today and having a blast. I know I have many improvements to make, but I'm at the point now where I don't have to spend any more money on him.

So to the OP... I'm right there with you on this one. I don't know if it's the right path to go down, but it certainly makes things a lot easier for us working adults.

So what you're saying is that the game design wouldn't allow you to get anything good on your own, frustrating you enough that you gave in and spent money on this game beyond the purchase price. And instead of realizing how badly you just got scammed and wishing the game weren't set up in such a way, you ended up liking it.

Baffling.

I know right? It was eye-opening... Probably similar to when people find god... Tool.
Reply Quote
Revanwood perhaps makes the best point, you paid real money to skip farming in a farming game.

Go figure.

I easily clear 6 figures, working 14 hours a day and after prepping food for the kid and puttng him to sleep nets me about 2 hours to play before I need to sleep.

D3 is a mindless button masher that I can play nearly with 1 hand. If i dont get that drop, oh well. I seriously am boggled that anyone would complain about not being able to progress through the game due to lack of loot.

Look, to get to inferno, you just went through the SAME EXACT GAME 3 times. Seriously, how many times do you want to beat it? And considering, after you beat inferno, yer going to be restarting games over and over to farm for items.

But to all those who are whining about getting rid of RMAH, I'm all for people deciding how to spend their money and more power to them if they wish to waste it on a game, who the f are you to tell them differently
Reply Quote
RMAH users defending using the RMAH...no bias there for sure.

You paid real money to skip farming in a farming game so you can farm faster. If you didn't enjoy farming in the first place, why spend hundreds more dollars when you could have bought numerous other games that you might enjoy more?
this game is a farming game, says who?
sure, farming is one aspect of the game. but there are other things people enjoy about D3.
character building, for example. building a ultimate badass with god like stats is what I like about diablo.
To me, killing the same mobs and running through the same levels over and over is not fun.
With RMAH, I can pay to skip all the boring stuff and reaching my goal. I can afford it, so why not.
Edited by Violentine#1122 on 11/29/2012 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why does it matter how anyone else chooses to play the game?

As for what people decide to spend their money on: who gives a f? People spend way more on equally worthless things.
Reply Quote
LOL these kinds of threads shouldn't need to exist, no matter what people say RMAH / GAH will still exist.

If you say at least remove RMAH, we'll just be back to the old ways, buying gold off of d2jsp and the likes.

Honestly any kind of argument that is against the existence of RMAH is pretty much invalid. RMAH is needed, deal with it.

What is really needed is a solution to greatly reduce botting, heck even ban or make multiboxing illegal too.

Exactly, and you don't hear any of those that oppose the RMAH bring those points up. Why? Because it's counter to their argument.
Edited by Knavery#1476 on 11/29/2012 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
LOL these kinds of threads shouldn't need to exist, no matter what people say RMAH / GAH will still exist.

If you say at least remove RMAH, we'll just be back to the old ways, buying gold off of d2jsp and the likes.

Honestly any kind of argument that is against the existence of RMAH is pretty much invalid. RMAH is needed, deal with it. Whether or not you want to use it, that's nobody's business but your own.

What is really needed is a solution to greatly reduce botting, heck even ban or make multiboxing illegal too.

And even if there exists an RMAH, there's still supply for RMT gold outside the RMAH.

Don't believe me? Ask the friend-request spammers.

And in Diablo 2, unlike in Diablo 3, the loot drops did not take into effect any third-party economies.
Edited by CRescent3#1284 on 11/29/2012 6:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Every time someone says Pay2Win. I would like someone to tell me what are you winning when you buy your gear with real money? You are only circumventing the farming process, that is all and nothing more. You do not get a special piece or special set that is given if you buy your gear. You do not get a special set or special piece of gear if you make beat the game by x amount of hours. You do not get any of that or any other special prizes for buying your gear.
Reply Quote
I've been saying this for a long time but the RMAH is a positive for everyone involved. Blizz makes money, the people that can't dedicate a lot of time to the game can still get enjoyment out of it, and the players that play it hardcore can make their own money from it. No one comes out behind from the AH/RMAH, and if it really bothers you that much then simply don't use it. Of course, can you imagine how boring this game would be if they DID remove it? There would be nothing to do with all your loot. The ah acts as the end game for Diablo 3.
Edited by skooo#1263 on 11/29/2012 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 06:50 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Every time someone says Pay2Win. I would like someone to tell me what are you winning when you buy your gear with real money? You are only circumventing the farming process, that is all and nothing more. You do not get a special piece or special set that is given if you buy your gear. You do not get a special set or special piece of gear if you make beat the game by x amount of hours. You do not get any of that or any other special prizes for buying your gear.

I don't know about D3, but didn't Blizzard claim that RMT has damaged WoW players' experiences?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/services/anti-gold/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]