Diablo® III

thorns barb

hey every one i just wanted to throw this biuld ive been working with out there to show some other biuld that are fun to play.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/koez-1816/hero/28850616
here's my thorns barb

the gear was cheap most of it was self found and she can to pretty good solo mp1-2, slow but with a better follower i could speed it up but then again i made this char for party support using shouts to buff life and speed of group along with taunting them to attack me ive found can rly help with a groups speed finishing runs. (in a good group i can do mp5-6)

my char has tons of room to improve but i just wanted to show a idea to ppl who might not have seen it done before its fun playing a different way instead of watching my game play i have to watch other players so i know who best to keep mobs off and when to cast ignore pain on group to stop deaths or when to speed up dh's on my pary to they can kite properly and stay alive.

hope it sparks ideas.
and if u have a support biuld plz share your biuld id love to see other ppls biulds
Edited by koez#1816 on 11/29/2012 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
interesting. I don't suppose that you have a vid to share do you?
Reply Quote
thats an impressive amount of damage per hit, but you should really REALLY focus on getting vitality now. in order to really make use of it, you need to get hit, and with that little vitality, youre going to crumble like a 4 week old cookie dropped in a meat grinder.
Reply Quote
If you had that much thorns damage, AND health...it would be one thing

But without health, thorns damage is 100% absolutely useless (Unless you run a bot in nightmare/hell)
Reply Quote
As usual, it didn't take long for someone to come along and bash another player for trying something new. Stick with your cookie-cutter, max efficiency, no fun/variety build then Soup.

I like your char Koez, I've often thought of trying a WD fierce loyalty/pet build myself. I think Thorns was on the agenda to get a buff as well, winning :-)
Reply Quote
That's pretty sweet. I was thinking about trying something like this with my barb.
Reply Quote
I bet when they remake thorns to make it more viable your character kicks a lot of butt. I like the Deathwatch, Firewalkers, Andy visage and you even got a cindercoat. i use all but the cindercoat on my spinny DH.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Inmatoor
As usual, it didn't take long for someone to come along and bash another player for trying something new.

How was he bashing? He's completely right. For a thorns build to work well you want to get hit often, which doesn't work if you don't have enough health to stay alive. It's called constructive feedback.

11/29/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Inmatoor
Stick with your cookie-cutter, max efficiency, no fun/variety build then Soup.

This is a little closer to bashing than he was doing. You criticize him and offer nothing in return.

To OP: I always appreciate someone trying to avoid the mainstream and looking for new ways to play the classes. Even though it's a simple fact, and always will be, that there is always the "most efficient" way to play and "the best gear" that doesn't mean that you have to play that way.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 12:58 PMPosted by padako
interesting. I don't suppose that you have a vid to share do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqLwwfH7Ing
solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JizRP8QGFkA
party

made some today .

and also i know i need to work on vit i have 50k atm im getting there

just for the ppl who were tempted but didnt want to put in for a waste of gold and try i wanted to show it was cheap and doable .
Edited by koez#1816 on 11/29/2012 7:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Huh... That's a damned interesting concept. I've seen folks do thorns, but don't believe I've seen it with that much damage.

Look forward to seeing how well you can refine it with some better survivablity.

Kudos for putting that together, trying it and sharing the results.
Reply Quote
Huh... That's a damned interesting concept. I've seen folks do thorns, but don't believe I've seen it with that much damage.

Look forward to seeing how well you can refine it with some better survivablity.

Kudos for putting that together, trying it and sharing the results.

thx man i cant wait to tune her up with some perf rolled gear ive also try this build with a better wep while using call of ancients and its super fun
Reply Quote
36k thorns damage doesnt seem like it will ever be enough to do the higher MP levels.
Reply Quote
I've done a build very similar to this before, but I was trying to make a pure thorns build. With pure defensive stats and life regen to keep me alive. I'm gonna tell you that before the AH patch it was a huge pain in the !@# to find good items with thorns, since you could only filter up to "999" and couldn't "sort by thorns". It was fun to use and pretty cheap too, but just getting hit get's old quickly... I promised myself to make a hybrid build someday. Now that the AH is better and items are much cheaper, I think it may be a good time to do that xD

A tip I can give you is to get life steal in your weapon and belt, since it works with thorns damage.
Reply Quote
I've done a build very similar to this before, but I was trying to make a pure thorns build. With pure defensive stats and life regen to keep me alive. I'm gonna tell you that before the AH patch it was a huge pain in the !@# to find good items with thorns, since you could only filter up to "999" and couldn't "sort by thorns". It was fun to use and pretty cheap too, but just getting hit get's old quickly... I promised myself to make a hybrid build someday. Now that the AH is better and items are much cheaper, I think it may be a good time to do that xD

A tip I can give you is to get life steal in your weapon and belt, since it works with thorns damage.

ive been wondering if leech worked i haven't noticed it when trying to test it
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 07:43 PMPosted by ODDBALL
36k thorns damage doesnt seem like it will ever be enough to do the higher MP levels.

its a support build in higher mp lvls the group deals the dps i tank dmg and keep up buffs the moments when monsters are getting hit and interupted allow me to heal and the dmg from monsters being point on me allows for the group to kill faster and take less dmg
Edited by koez#1816 on 11/29/2012 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Remove Sprint and Use Rend+Bloodlust, much better.

DH Stun Build Trolling Elites and Ubers on MP10
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7178978741#1
Reply Quote
Remove Sprint and Use Rend+Bloodlust, much better.

Agreed. Rend is really quite devastating.
Reply Quote
Oh one more thing. I don't know if thorns damage can crit or not, but even if it cant emerald is still a vastly superior choice over topaz in your weapon.
Reply Quote
i only use sprint for group i dont solo this char to much it more for supporting party its fun watching ww barbs start flying around. i could use rend instead of overpower but i like to keep her doing thorns dmg. but the build can go all kinda ways
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]