Diablo® III

SCUM or REAL?

Just minute ago someone send me message while I'm playing thru PM that he told me i was using unknown plugin in my computer. then he want me to log in, *REMOVED* to have confirmation in my account or else my account is suspended? I will not mention the name but he identified himself as GM and he is using the Blizzard.

...What the!!! i'm not Using any boot or any plugin here...i'm working hard for my character then suddenly you want to suspended it..are you kidding me!! Please Blizzard Tell Us in Official Via Email or reply here to confirm this if SCUM or REAL?

..any of you guys encounter like this? T_T
Edited by Grimiku on 11/29/2012 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Reply Quote
Search the forums...you'll see this scam has happened before.
Reply Quote
It's amazing how many people are new to the internets everyday.
Reply Quote
It's interwebs man. Interwebs and scums.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/29/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Boz
Search the forums...you'll see this scam has happened before.

Yep. It's a phish. If Blizz thought you were doing wrong things, they'd suspend/ban first and notify you afterwards.

Just report and block them.
Reply Quote
you chose not to mention the phisher's name but you chose post the phishing link? edit it out

everyone knows it's blizzard01 anyway.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Souldeth

I didn't know that!
Reply Quote
..no its BlizzardGM06 this time..?? i'm not familiar with it.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Aspie

I didn't know that!

He's lying. I checked, it's there. Had my picture beside it and everything.

Wait ...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Just minute ago someone send me message while I'm playing thru PM that he told me i was using unknown plugin in my computer. then he want me to log in, *REMOVED* to have confirmation in my account or else my account is suspended? I will not mention the name but he identified himself as GM and he is using the Blizzard.

...What the!!! i'm not Using any boot or any plugin here...i'm working hard for my character then suddenly you want to suspended it..are you kidding me!! Please Blizzard Tell Us in Official Via Email or reply here to confirm this if SCUM or REAL?

..any of you guys encounter like this? T_T

This is an attempted scam, so I strongly suggest you do not follow any of those links, since they might infect your PC with malicious programs (like keyloggers or Trojans). The best thing to do is use the right click > Report Spam or Report Harassment option.

It is also a good idea to avoid publicly posting those links since other accounts could be compromised as a result. We know a lot of players want to help others by warning them about these sorts of things, but reporting that behavior is enough, and additionally exposing those links only helps the scammers.

You also can read more about how to safeguard yourself against security risks like this here: http://us.battle.net/en/security/theft
Reply Quote
Troll or Dumb?
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Iskra
Troll or Dumb?

^^^The latter before the former, im afraid to say.
Edited by RabidChimp#1930 on 11/29/2012 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Doesn't matter, if that scammer is not banned I will think he works for Bliz for sure to be legit.
Reply Quote
My lord do people not understand what a scam looks like?

OP look up gullible in the dictionary
Reply Quote
http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1108/things-that-amaze-me-gullible-oranges-things-amaze-me-demotivational-posters-1313719572.jpg

Almost fell for it.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Souldeth

To be fair, some gamers are just people that don't surround themselves in the nuances of a game, especially when it comes to knowing or understanding all the various scams.

Some people are just legitimate, extremely casual players that you know, just want to play a game and have never needed to concern themselves with this stuff.

Pat yourselves for being hardcore badasses, then get over yourselves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]