Diablo® III

15% chance of AH items bound to account

A simple item sink idea.

When you've bought an item off the AH, as you hit the "send to stash" button, it would have a 15% chance of becoming bound to account.

Simple and effective, no ?

As a bonus, it would also naturally reduce expected gains from AH flipping, thus reducing the phenomenon.
Edited by ParkerLewis#2105 on 12/9/2012 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Doesn't anyone agree on this ?
Reply Quote
That would just people more to whine about when it comes to the odds. Instead, they should have implemented a bind on equip feature, or better yet a ladder.
Reply Quote
Um no. Idea is stupid.

Better idea would be to make the blacksmith able to add sockets, also making that item account bound. You get to choose, have a nice item and know from the start that there is no point worrying about re-sale value.

They could impliment using other items of the same classification in the process and smash 10 items at a time.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 03:08 PMPosted by CrypticClout
That would just people more to whine about when it comes to the odds. Instead, they should have implemented a bind on equip feature, or better yet a ladder.

Thing is, systematic bind on equip is an extremely severe action, in terms of its repercussions. It would for sure be the absolute item sink, ensuring that no item passes more than once on the AH. But it's like the strongest possible option short of removing the AH alltogether, and I believe there's something more balanced before that, like a chance of that happening.

If for example you set it at 15%, then the *expected* number of times an item will be able to pass through the AH is 6.66... (exactly 100/15 = 20/3). That means statistically, and on average, items would pass 6.66... times in the AH before being bound. But of course, every occurence would be independant from the previous ones, as usual, meaning you'd have the same 15% chance of it being bound happening every time, no matter the item nor how many times it has been sold on the AH.

6.67 times seems a reasonable number for objects to circulate while still preventing the flood we're witnessing (and thus also make sure what you're finding still has decent chances to be valuable). It could be tweaked depending on the desired effect of course, but as such it would be easy to get and accept (same 15% as the tax on sales).

Also, I don't think people would me whining more about that than on not finding enough legendaries, or finding too much crap, or whatever. I mean, it would just be the same. Some would, most wouldn't, like on the other topics.

12/03/2012 03:11 PMPosted by DCYPL
Um no. Idea is stupid.

Care to elaborate why you think that it is ?
Edited by ParkerLewis#2105 on 12/3/2012 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Um no. Idea is stupid.

Better idea would be to make the blacksmith able to add sockets, also making that item account bound. You get to choose, have a nice item and know from the start that there is no point worrying about re-sale value.

They could impliment using other items of the same classification in the process and smash 10 items at a time.

I personally think that blacksmith should be able to socket weapons/armor with like a 95% failure ( item breakage ) chance.

I bet the entire AH of 1h weapons with 900+ dps but no socket would get sucked dry in 1 day flat. lol.
Reply Quote
I personally think that blacksmith should be able to socket weapons/armor with like a 95% failure ( item breakage ) chance.

I bet the entire AH of 1h weapons with 900+ dps but no socket would get sucked dry in 1 day flat. lol.

But it would only be useful for a tiny portion of items...
Reply Quote
I've said this many times before, Account binding fixes the item flipping problem. Some people here think it will destroy the game & they will quit. Look at how successful WoW is? It's proven to work & solves the item flipping problem because you just can't bid an item & resell for 1.3x the price.

Another idea I had was having a ladder for every year. For example: next year when season 2 comes out you have the choice of starting a new toon or go back to your season 1 toon. Each season would have it's own ah and when season 3 comes out you can still access your old season 1 & 2 toons. This idea could work for a while, but without account binding people will just continue the item flipping.

So I definitely think account binding will fix this ah problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]