Diablo® III

Bug? when closing Diablo3

8B8A3DF0-DD15-42CB-9992-A6831AD86681 is what it says to reference

last time i got these you guys updated the next release to include fixes for those of us with an 8 processor machine

is this another case of those?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ifthir,

This looks to be video-related. I'd recommend uninstalling the current video drivers along with anything related to Nvidia video such as their 3D components, and then reinstalling the latest drivers using the custom and clean install options. De-select any of the optional components they offer to install, leaving just the graphic drivers.
Reply Quote
Omrakos, that's a great scripted response.

1. Why wouldn't your messaging system say that? Obviously you know that this code is video-card/driver related, why would I have to post a ticket to get that info?
2. I haven't updated anything with my video card, or video drivers in months. I also haven't seen that error before or since. Is it plausible to think that maybe, just maybe, it was a one time conflict with the video?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ifthir,

There's nothing scripted at all about my response. It's based entirely on the log info you submitted. Keep in mind, I'm NOT a programmer and I can NOT just glance at a log file meant to be seen by programmers and tell you what the cause is.

The code itself is not used for anything other than to identify it uniquely. The crash info is associated with it, that's all. I enter the code in an internal database and up pops the info you submitted.

This is the main portion of what I see:

***** UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

------------
Stack Crawl:
------------
709C0F40 d3d9.dll Direct3DCreate9Ex 82539
709C0E95 d3d9.dll Direct3DCreate9Ex 82368
709EE7FC d3d9.dll Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 62029
709C11D5 d3d9.dll Direct3DCreate9Ex 83200
709C109D d3d9.dll Direct3DCreate9Ex 82888
709C1EA7 d3d9.dll Direct3DCreate9Ex 86482
709C1E3F d3d9.dll Direct3DCreate9Ex 86378
709C1E26 d3d9.dll Direct3DCreate9Ex 86353
00000000009FBA00 Diablo III.exe GFXD3D::sCloseWindow+64 (d3dcore.cpp,1659)
000000000080DFA4 Diablo III.exe _WinMain@16+20 (mainwindows.cpp,413)
10 frames dumped

It points to being video-related in my opinion and for that, my recommendation stands. If you aren't crashing any more, I wouldn't do anything until it does.
Reply Quote
No need to get defensive, I am just saying given your recommendation -

" I'd recommend uninstalling the current video drivers along with anything related to Nvidia video such as their 3D components, and then reinstalling the latest drivers using the custom and clean install options. De-select any of the optional components they offer to install, leaving just the graphic drivers."

And my verification that I don't even have a single 3d component installed with the drivers, or enable in the Nvidia panel, indicates a bad error message, imho.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]