Diablo® III

drop rate decreased?

Drop rate has definitely been decreased. Some would say it's RNG but when you are paragon lvl 90 + like me, you know the drop rate got modified when you notice that you only get 1 legendary in maybe 5-6 a3 alk runs on a consistent basis as opposed to maybe 1-2 legendaries in 1-3 runs previously.

Em' ninja nerfs real stronk :)
Edited by CSLking#1465 on 12/4/2012 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Had 4 Leg's drop in a single run through A3 last night. Most I've ever seen, so I don't know what any of you are on about.

Of course, they were !@#$... but that's beside the point.
Reply Quote
The trick is that people who gets good drops don't like to think about people who get shi t. So they sure like gold to get and real money...but people who still play and don't get nothing just slave for big capitalistic scheme of developers and some players (botters probably). Like this you get zero they get a lot in both realms. Equation is simple, equal drops for everyone means less MONEY...so just accept you're being used and brutally at that...
Reply Quote
i have yet to see a set piece & getting leg's is so rare & always has been garbage for me.
From what i can tell they're like unicorns, a mythical entity that does absolutely nothing for me.
Reply Quote
I'm thinking some of you guys just do not put the time in to check your items worthiness nor do enough research to know what they are worth.

I've been playing for a week after not playing for 5 months, and I find atleast one 1-3 mil gold item every act 3 run.

However, I do agree that the legendaries that have dropped for me this past week that i have been playing again have been bottom price on the AH. I have not found 1 leg item worth more than a mil, but I have found and sold a couple gold items for 5+ million though.
Reply Quote
I check trust me...
Reply Quote
I do agree with you CSLking...i do feel drop rate is lowered. I had 5,6,7 legends drop per run before, and my hunt is not 100% of map, i only do about 70% of act3 skipping caves. And in the past month or so i don't see more then 3 per run anymore. Didn't bother me, but i agree with ya.
Reply Quote
Drop rate has definitely been decreased. Some would say it's RNG but when you are paragon lvl 90 + like me, you know the drop rate got modified when you notice that you only get 1 legendary in maybe 5-6 a3 alk runs on a consistent basis as opposed to maybe 1-2 legendaries in 1-3 runs previously.

Em' ninja nerfs real stronk :)

That ^

I'm thinking some of you guys just do not put the time in to check your items worthiness nor do enough research to know what they are worth.

I've been playing for a week after not playing for 5 months, and I find atleast one 1-3 mil gold item every act 3 run.

However, I do agree that the legendaries that have dropped for me this past week that i have been playing again have been bottom price on the AH. I have not found 1 leg item worth more than a mil, but I have found and sold a couple gold items for 5+ million though.

What is 1M when your next upgrade costs 500M?
Reply Quote
i did like 30 runs a3 and in those runs i got exactly 4 legs ..on mp5 ...i don't know if this is a bug but this thing is NOT OK ... i dont know if i wanna play your game when i invested everything in magic find , and others with 200 mf get better drops legs /sets/ then i get with 500

You mad bro?

OMG can you cry some more? If you are so upset, go design, develop, code and play your own game.

It's like you bought an overpriced metal-detector and you can't find buried treasure, but some lady pays $12.34 at Goodwill and gets a $7-9k painting and you think SHE did you wrong

http://youtu.be/XIX0ZDqDljA <--- this should help you out
Reply Quote
Is the game on? It says on login screen that server is down for maintenance and here that server is on?
Reply Quote
Drop rates probably were not changed. However, item quality definitely took a hit. In the first week of 1.05 I made 50+ mil off drops with only 300 MF. In the last 2 weeks I've made only 5 mil with 400 MF.

And it makes sense. Do you really think Blizzards RMAH Supply-Demand scheme could possibly survive with drops the way they were after 1.05? They will never admit to it, because there is no way to prove it.
Reply Quote
id like to know that answer too....grrrrrrrrrr
Reply Quote
LOL...yea i heard about the Goodwill story....is Blizzard doing an extended maintenance again?
Reply Quote
I don't think it's a nerf, but I'm pretty sure something is wrong with the drop rate since 1.06. I haven't had one leg/set drop since that update. And I play a lot everyday and I get at least one per run.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Grogdal
The trick is that people who gets good drops don't like to think about people who get shi t. So they sure like gold to get and real money...but people who still play and don't get nothing just slave for big capitalistic scheme of developers and some players (botters probably). Like this you get zero they get a lot in both realms. Equation is simple, equal drops for everyone means less MONEY...so just accept you're being used and brutally at that...

if everyone gets the same drops, what's the point in ah/rmah or trading?
Reply Quote
Well because there are too many drop everyday and there are 1000000000000000 on AH.
Its all about supply and demand. i.e. and item that i sold 20m 1-2months ago, now i see it posting for 300k, so salvage it. LOL
Reply Quote

What is 1M when your next upgrade costs 500M?

Well do 300-400 runs and you will have your upgrade, stop being a baby and play the game. If they double drop rates than people with bots will go from getting 135 legendaries a day to 270 legendaries a day then the auction house prices are going to be lowered and your still going to be in same boat!! Drop rate is not going to fix your problems!
Reply Quote
It's obvious that blizz has lowered the percentages on elite affixes and doubled (after 1.05) the drop rate.

there is absolutely nothing with that.

Good Job Blizz!
Reply Quote
The point is not spending real money for game, m8. That is the shi t behind curtains. I don't need money from this or epic gear, but waiting to get some nice part of gear, or to buy it for gold in ah is beyond time. So some people (who would they be i wonder) earn in game and out of game at the expense of fairness. No one had to pull with this crap in D2, but hey...this is pay to win method if i'm not wrong...
Reply Quote
and another 3 runs a3 mp 8 = 575% mf ... no leg or set...bad luck? crazy? dumb?
can u check if there is something wrong? :) please? not to point that several creeps are invisible and hit me and i can't do anything about that...

Since patch 1.0.6 did not change any of the drop rates I would say what you are experiencing is, unfortunately, simply a bad luck streak. :( I know it can be hard to believe after a very long run of previously great luck, but we truly didn’t lower the drop rates of Legendary items.

That said, our Bug Report forum would be a great place to post about those invisible monster attacks.

I experienced the same thing... invisible creeps attacking me... but it's very rare. Without my HD monitor, I'm unable to see uber ghom's gas at all. I can see ghom's gas but not uber ghom's gas. With the HD monitor(same spec,etc.), I can see everything. I also play other games and don't have these display problems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]