Diablo® III

drop rate decreased?

yea I've noticed lower drop rates for legendaries as well.. it feels like 1.04
Reply Quote
As a counter point to the people complaining about the lack of Legendary finds, I did not find a single Legendary until patch 1.06. Since then I have found approximately six Legendary and one set item. Admitantly I only play about 10 hours a week, and I only have two characters in Inferno...
Reply Quote
and another 3 runs a3 mp 8 = 575% mf ... no leg or set...bad luck? crazy? dumb?
can u check if there is something wrong? :) please? not to point that several creeps are invisible and hit me and i can't do anything about that...

Since patch 1.0.6 did not change any of the drop rates I would say what you are experiencing is, unfortunately, simply a bad luck streak. :( I know it can be hard to believe after a very long run of previously great luck, but we truly didn’t lower the drop rates of Legendary items.

That said, our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report[/url] forum would be a great place to post about those invisible monster attacks.

stats from RMT tell the truth..
http://www.d3rmt.com/auction-house/item/fiery-brimstone/usgold/
Why Fiery Brimstone went 2x higher after the 20/11 maint'?

And so the EU, Asia server having same situation (RMT got EU and US stats only, but I am US/Asia player so i know price on asia server.)

Is it really because majority of the player on the server having a "Bad luck streak" or
the Legendary we looted are just too precious and don't want to be shattered?

Yes, i guess so.
Edited by Sillgate#1250 on 12/7/2012 6:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't believe that !@#$(same drop rate with 1.0.5).Everyday i play more than 12 hours and just get 35m gold after 1.0.6!!!!Im at level 94!!!!full Mf!!!Is that simply a bad luck???Bug???or Reduce Drop Rate???
Edited by Amaterasu#2499 on 12/9/2012 4:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Im getting bad drops lately :( i wonder why...
Reply Quote
and another 3 runs a3 mp 8 = 575% mf ... no leg or set...bad luck? crazy? dumb?
can u check if there is something wrong? :) please? not to point that several creeps are invisible and hit me and i can't do anything about that...

Since patch 1.0.6 did not change any of the drop rates I would say what you are experiencing is, unfortunately, simply a bad luck streak. :( I know it can be hard to believe after a very long run of previously great luck, but we truly didn’t lower the drop rates of Legendary items.

That said, our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report[/url] forum would be a great place to post about those invisible monster attacks.

Is this a copy and paste response to everything in this game?

RnG is RnG is no more money for blizzard from me. Picket sign that !@#$.
Reply Quote
I have played for a long time with my barb i am level 94 and have brimstoned 247 legendary items. I am still waiting to find godly gear myself and also wonder where all the godly gear comes from. I just hope they fix the randomness of the drops because ever legendary I have received from the patch 1.05 are just junk and all together I have found 340 some legendary items but still nothing great at best just average.

After patch 1.05 I was finding better gear but after a couple of weeks my luck as people would say just sucks but wonder if drops are not so random. Mf doesn't seem to help or does mp level I spent a week playing mp10 act 3 inferno got tons of gladiator gloves and legendary items like them. I have a better chance on mp0 of finding something that looks good but realize once I check them out the have very poor affixes.

I hope Blizzard fixes the issues of the randomness because it seems a lot of people are getting fed up of finding the same crappy gear. What does blizzard think this accomplishes.

I hope the best of luck to everyone!
Reply Quote
For those who are interested in Blizzards's application of "reinforcement theory," and how that affects D3 drop rates, simply do a search on" "variable ratio schedules" "schedules of reinforcement" "compound schedules" and especially "ratio strain"

FYI:
"Ratio Strain: If the ratio or interval is increased too rapidly, the responses may deteriorate as if the behavior were on an extinction schedule. This deterioration is often referred to as ratio strain."

http://www.betabunny.com/behaviorism/Conditioning.htm

If you investigate further, you will see what Blizzard is most likely doing…here's one pertinent passage:

"Thinner and Thicker Schedules of Reinforcement
Sometimes you might hear the term “thicker schedule of reinforcement” or “thinner schedule of reinforcement”. These terms are used to describe a change that may be made to a schedule of reinforcement already being used."

http://www.educateautism.com/applied-behaviour-analysis/schedules-of-reinforcement.html

also see this article on game design:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3085/behavioral_game_design.php?print=1

"As a general rule, extinction involves a lot of frustration and anger on the part of the subject. We expect the universe to make sense, to be consistent, and when the contingencies change we get testy."
Edited by zenguppy#1228 on 12/9/2012 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
decreased drop rate is decreased drop rate

ddr is ddr bro not rng is rng.

Please don't use the "randomness" as an excuse to defend blizzard. In all seriousness, nobody knows if they changed the drop rates or not. Even if a blue stated they didn't.... For all anyone knows, Wilson could have a bad day and flick the "bad drop rate in Diablo 3" switch.

Randomness was introduced as an insurance to defend the so called "random" drop rates. So if drop rates do magically get worse, they can easily state it was just part of the randomness. The same idea works in reverse as well. If Blizzard were to actually make the drop rates better or worse, nobody would ever know or would be able to prove it.

It would seem as if there are flaws within the way randomness is generated. It can easily be seen when you notice that small lag spike as rares fall out of an elite, and then very similar items come out.
Why does this lag spike occur? Where does it come from? Who knows, maybe lag spikes are generated from the "rng is rng" philosophy many of you defend.
Reply Quote
decreased drop rate is decreased drop rate

ddr is ddr bro not rng is rng.

Please don't use the "randomness" as an excuse to defend blizzard. In all seriousness, nobody knows if they changed the drop rates or not. Even if a blue stated they didn't.... For all anyone knows, Wilson could have a bad day and flick the "bad drop rate in Diablo 3" switch.

Randomness was introduced as an insurance to defend the so called "random" drop rates. So if drop rates do magically get worse, they can easily state it was just part of the randomness. The same idea works in reverse as well. If Blizzard were to actually make the drop rates better or worse, nobody would ever know or would be able to prove it.

It would seem as if there are flaws within the way randomness is generated. It can easily be seen when you notice that small lag spike as rares fall out of an elite, and then very similar items come out.
Why does this lag spike occur? Where does it come from? Who knows, maybe lag spikes are generated from the "rng is rng" philosophy many of you defend.

the lag spikes are probably the database lookups for whats in the AH
Reply Quote
430 hours on my barbarian. Level 80 paragon. Wearing MF amulet and geared follower with MF to reach the MF cap.

I find the same thing everyday I play. Garbage. Lots and lots of garbage.

I'm not looking for more drops- I'm looking for better drops. But considering how long I've already played and how few decent drops I've found in that amount of time, I'm really finding less and less incentive to continue logging in.
Reply Quote
Hello.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/turnstiled-1258/

Yeah, I play way too much. Been on sabbatical from work since April and, like a fool, blew all that time-off on this game. It's been mostly fun, though.

Anyways... Remember that Bashiok post on loot?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150112701?page=2#33

05/26/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Bashiok
The auction house obviously provides an incredible service to allow for very easy trades between characters, and essentially blows out the wide range of items you could have available to you at any one time. So, in fact, the AH has to be a factor in how we drop items. On one hand you have a huge benefit because you can buy and sell items very easily, as opposed to having to post up WTS threads in the old USEast trading forums, but on the other end it does impact the item pool economy with the inherent ease at which you can trade items. If the AH existed but wasn't a factor at all into how items dropped/rolled, the economy would be completely tanked within a matter of weeks.

Specifically:

So, in fact, the AH has to be a factor in how we drop items.

Sadly, that one line was misunderstood by many as loot being tied to Auction House inventory. I don't think this is true. However, from my personal experience, I have seen a lot of strange patterns. But I put effort into debunking my own theories and as a result I've eliminated most of them which would make me look like a conspiracy theorist had I posted them on these forums. Yeah, humans are prone to seeing patterns, but it doesn't always mean it's only in their heads.

Just wanted to offer a theory I feel pretty good about - regardless if it's false - that may offer an explanation to that one quoted line above:

Loot pool.

Due to the existence of the AH, and Blizzard's stated desire to not have the AH "tank in a matter of weeks", there could be an hourly/daily/weekly/etc. loot pool that players have the chance to "win".

The idea for this sprung from my noticing that the only drops of value I've ever received have been (mostly) during off-peak hours. Simply, when the least amount of players are logged in, rolling the dice.

During peak hours (namely weekends) legendaries still drop, but they're mostly brimstones, with a few potential drops that roll so bad they become brimstones, too.

However, during the week (especially midnight+ PST) I tend to get quite a few items of value. Not always, of course, as an element of RNG still factors in, but it's been consistent and significant enough that I've been noticing it for a while now.

As for the loot pool theory, if the "pool" is (using simple numbers here) 100 good items but there's 100,000 players farming for a chance at one of those items, you're chances are much lower than if there's only 1,000 players to compete with. MF is there to increase your chances at getting something to drop, but RNG will affect if that drop is from the "loot pool" or the "brimstone pool".

That's all I got. It's the only "theory" that makes a little sense to me, and a reason to how a community could be broken up into the two camps we have now. It also provides a possible link to why both hardcore and casual gamers can feel like the drops are being manipulated or even decreased without notice.
Reply Quote
I imagine there is a loot table with all the legendary and set items, and then a range of #'s associated with each one. So your frostburns or gladiator guantlets have a large range applied when rolling, but Witching Hour and Skorn are significantly lower.

This makes sense because it's separate from RNG completely. RNG system determines if your drop is legendary, if it is, do another roll and it whatever bucket your # falls into, thats what item you get. Can even do another roll to determine item affixes after that.
Reply Quote
Well, by the looks of it seems I am not the only one that thinks drop rate has been nerfed with that mini patch they did.

It's been quite some time since the patch and I have definetly seen a drop in SET items. Legendary too, and most are crap anyway. And it's been long enough to not be down to a bad day.. or two.. or three... or five. Before I used to get set items easy every 2-3 days, post patch I think I've seen two.

For those saying that every time we have a patch ppl complain about drop rate nerfs it's just not true. 1.0.5 clearly saw an increase and everyone said it, now it's been dropped and ppl say it. Of course you will always get some lucky players that seem to be getting good drops, but that is now the EXCEPTION.
Reply Quote
the drop rates are butt-backwards from my personal experience. I find more legs/sets while XP farming on mp0-1 than I do MF'ing in mp4-5.

Last night i did 3 MP5 runs without a single half decent drop. I switched to MP0 and what do you know, the very first drop in the game was a (crap) andys visage.

Same thing today, did 2 mp5 runs, nothing.
switch to MP0. Third item to drop in the game - windforce.
10 minutes later - Litany of undaunted.

i farm mp5 way more often than mp0. yet 90% of my legs/set are on mp0-1
Reply Quote
I found 2 set items and 4 legendaries over the weekend and I really didn't play that much. All of them were garbage, though. You're probably just having bad luck. :(
Reply Quote
View profile
RNG by definition means that half the people will likely see better drops in a given week and half worse drops. That's RNG.

The people who think drops were nerfed even after Blizzard employees have confirmed they were NOT changed make me laugh. You probably think the twin towers were an inside job as well.

These people need to realize - THE GAME DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU. Just b/c your drops *might* be worse doesn't mean anything. You are 1 of millions of players. Get over yourself.
Reply Quote
I must be getting all the legendary drops that many of you are missing, I have an entire tab of my stash full of legendaries. I keep the best one I find in there and reccycle the others, I think I have about 20 brimstone (recently sold 30 or so). I have found that the higher the magic find the more I find. I almost always find them on white mobs. Many of you may be skipping the whites looking for elites to get the stacks, that is a mistake, chill out and kill everything with high MF. I farm on MP 7 and have just over 400 with no stacks. 400+ is where you need to be.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]