Diablo® III

drop rate decreased?

Community Manager
and another 3 runs a3 mp 8 = 575% mf ... no leg or set...bad luck? crazy? dumb?
can u check if there is something wrong? :) please? not to point that several creeps are invisible and hit me and i can't do anything about that...

Since patch 1.0.6 did not change any of the drop rates I would say what you are experiencing is, unfortunately, simply a bad luck streak. :( I know it can be hard to believe after a very long run of previously great luck, but we truly didn’t lower the drop rates of Legendary items.

That said, our Bug Report forum would be a great place to post about those invisible monster attacks.
Reply Quote
can u check if there is something wrong? :) please? not to point that several creeps are invisible and hit me and i can't do anything about that...

Since patch 1.0.6 did not change any of the drop rates I would say what you are experiencing is, unfortunately, simply a bad luck streak. :( I know it can be hard to believe after a very long run of previously great luck, but we truly didn’t lower the drop rates of Legendary items.

That said, our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report[/url] forum would be a great place to post about those invisible monster attacks.

I can confirm this to be correct. I am still finding a steady stream of completely worthless legendary items.
Reply Quote

That said, our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report[/url] forum would be a great place to post about those invisible monster attacks.

So, half of the Diablo 3 player community is having bad luck! Seems legit lol.
Reply Quote
I too have notices a dramatic decrease in legendary drops since the 1.06 maitenence. I've only been trying to paragon for the last month and where I use to get ~ 1 legendary per run.... now I seem to go 8-10 runs with more mf and less legendary drops.
Reply Quote

So you gathered data on the entire Diablo 3 player base. Seems legit, lol.
Reply Quote
Drop rates have been decreased. I don't buy it.
Reply Quote
I have no problem with legendary drop in 1.06.
Did a few runs on Sunday and Monday, average is pretty much 1.x legendary per run.
Reply Quote
5 legendaries in 40 minutes. problem?
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 05:53 PMPosted by CANZ
5 legendaries in 40 minutes. problem?

Were they good?
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 05:53 PMPosted by ODDBALL
Were they good?

I'll betcha they weren't....
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Macgerailt
Were they good?

I'll betcha they weren't....

No bet here.

And you just know one of them is Gladiator Gauntlets.
Reply Quote
Uh after they finnished tweeking droprates i have never noticed a difference ever not once sence that last patch said they changed it.
Reply Quote

agree with Grim on this
Reply Quote

So you gathered data on the entire Diablo 3 player base. Seems legit, lol.

Which makes complete sense. Cause if you have good luck and bad luck then randomly apply it to a populace half will get good the other half will get bad

Working as intended.
Reply Quote
Since the patch, I havent gotten one legendary yet. Got six or seven keys though on MP4. A lot less rares too... I used to get around one legendary per run through while getting a key. 300+ mf. Bad luck? Seems unlikely
Reply Quote
The less leg drops, the more people will spend real $ on gold or the leg they want. This is Bliz business model. Once they sold you the game this is the only way they can make more $ off of you. Fact: 1 out of 10 leg drops that you get will be somehow useful to your character. 9 will be useless leg crap. Even better for Bliz business model.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Grimiku

Well that would be understandable but how is it when it seems one person is all of a sudden on a so called bad luck streak. 15+ other people just went on a bad luck streak too? No they was stealth nerfed end of story in the future just mention things when you do it you can't tweak the drop rate and expect it not to be noticeable but fact is when enough people come forward and notice it too its clear something is up. Also I find it funny how I seem to notice things not seeming even remotely close to how the drops where when 1.0.5 first came out and come on here to find several post on forums asking if drops where nerfed. A bad luck streak don't just add up.
Edited by Maximus#11698 on 12/3/2012 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
lol
cry more plz
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 06:17 PMPosted by FatTunaTaco
The less leg drops, the more people will spend real $ on gold or the leg they want. This is Bliz business model. Once they sold you the game this is the only way they can make more $ off of you. Fact: 1 out of 10 leg drops that you get will be somehow useful to your character. 9 will be useless leg crap. Even better for Bliz business model.

Then why did they double the Legendary drop rates? They never had to even bring it up nor even mention they were considering it. If it was their business model, they would have refrained from doing so.

Well that would be understandable but how is it when it seems one person is all of a sudden on a so called bad luck streak. 15+ other people just went on a bad luck streak too? No they was stealth nerfed end of story in the future just mention things when you do it you can't tweak the drop rate and expect it not to be noticeable but fact is when enough people come forward and notice it too its clear something is up. Also I find it funny how I seem to notice things not seeming even remotely close to how the drops where when 1.0.5 first came out and come on here to find several post on forums asking if drops where nerfed. A bad luck streak don't just add up.

People feel the need to explain what happens. This has been occurring since essentially, ancient times. Even the Greeks and Romans came up with Gods to explain the weather, death, life, and even their bad luck (the gods are not happy so worship them).

So, we have a situation where people need to explain why they have a streak of bad luck. Luck is difficult to be blame since it is not something that can be seen or even represented, thus, blaming Blizzard is far easier.

the other aspect that is going on is peoples natural desire to relate. So, when one sees a post such as these, they have a tendency to think, "oh that is happening to me as well!" when the notion does not really come up to begin with.

If wanting real life examples, one can just look at many of the common conspiracy theories out there. Even the notion of being abducted by aliens comes up often. People relate and generally will come together to explain why X, Y, or Z has occurred. Pretty easy to see this sort of mentality occurring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]