Diablo® III

drop rate decreased?

I see no decrease
Reply Quote
Topic is great. Keep blaming short term variance on blizzard trolling you.
Reply Quote
The less leg drops, the more people will spend real $ on gold or the leg they want. This is Bliz business model. Once they sold you the game this is the only way they can make more $ off of you. Fact: 1 out of 10 leg drops that you get will be somehow useful to your character. 9 will be useless leg crap. Even better for Bliz business model.

Then why did they double the Legendary drop rates? They never had to even bring it up nor even mention they were considering it. If it was their business model, they would have refrained from doing so.

I don't and many, many threads don't think they did double them.
Edited by FatTunaTaco#1767 on 12/3/2012 6:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
After the patch, the organ drops are some what affected as well? MP7 zero organ, MP8 1 organ? lol
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 06:42 PMPosted by FatTunaTaco

Then why did they double the Legendary drop rates? They never had to even bring it up nor even mention they were considering it. If it was their business model, they would have refrained from doing so.

I don't and many, many threads don't think they did double them.

And many (including myself) believe they did. Although, I do not see many threads that disagree with the claim Blizzard doubled them. Good portion if not most believed it to be true. But what some people have been making claim is that Blizzard "reduced" it afterwards.
Reply Quote
View profile

Since patch 1.0.6 did not change any of the drop rates I would say what you are experiencing is, unfortunately, simply a bad luck streak. :( I know it can be hard to believe after a very long run of previously great luck, but we truly didn’t lower the drop rates of Legendary items.

That said, our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report[/url] forum would be a great place to post about those invisible monster attacks.

So, half of the Diablo 3 player community is having bad luck! Seems legit lol.

Hahaha dude, if it is half of the diablo community, it would still be legit XD If half are having great drops you would THINK that half would not....
Reply Quote
Since patch 1.0.6 did not change any of the drop rates I would say what you are experiencing is, unfortunately, simply a bad luck streak. :( I know it can be hard to believe after a very long run of previously great luck, but we truly didn’t lower the drop rates of Legendary items.

Well that would be understandable but how is it when it seems one person is all of a sudden on a so called bad luck streak. 15+ other people just went on a bad luck streak too? No they was stealth nerfed end of story in the future just mention things when you do it you can't tweak the drop rate and expect it not to be noticeable but fact is when enough people come forward and notice it too its clear something is up. Also I find it funny how I seem to notice things not seeming even remotely close to how the drops where when 1.0.5 first came out and come on here to find several post on forums asking if drops where nerfed. A bad luck streak don't just add up.
it is really easy to think some one is out to get you, or something is less than it should be when you are looking for all the clues that sugest it. if there is a will there is a way.... if there is bad drops there is a way to think you can prove it is controlled by blizzard in degrees greater than any game ever. EG adjusting drops in real time like some suggested. when in fact drops have not been changed in any way since 1.0.5. The same can be placed on how some people think the events of 9/11 where planned.... same kind of train of thought, if you over think and over analyze any thing you look at only things that prove your case and ignore all that disprove it. and even if it slaps you in your face and disproves it, like just now, you either say it is wrong or i lie.
Edited by Gunghoe#1987 on 12/3/2012 6:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yea i'm finiding the loot since patch 1.0.6 came out has been terrible. Have gotten 2 legendary drops in approx 30 runs when I used to get around 1 per run before.

Also as someone else pointed out even rares are dropping less. Killed an elite pack with 5 stack and no rare dropped (1st time this has happened to me) and generally less rares are dropping when I have 5 stack. I have around 350% MF on MP2.

The thing that irks me is people who are on lower paragon lvl and with lower MF I play with all seem to get regular drops.

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's Blizzard. They are obviously trying to entice the people who play less to play more, simple as that. And for those that do play regularly you won't get a good drop in ages so you stop playing (therefore becoming one of those players that play less) and then when you do come back you get a legendary to keep you interested in the game still.

Here is a simple test: Do not log on for approx 2 days straight, don't check AH house etc, just don't log on in for 2 days. I guarantee when you do log on and do a run for approx 1 hour you will get a legendary if not 2 or 3. This happens to me every single time!! Also noticed it happens to my friends when they haven't played in while as well - again every single time.

Edit: Also I have found zero keys in those 30 runs, bad luck maybe especially on MP2 but tried 2 runs on MP5 and still nothing. Again bad luck maybe but i was getting a key approx 1 every 5-6 runs previously (MP2) so it seems real strange.
Edited by strYker#6870 on 12/3/2012 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Looking at the prices of leg in AH, except those godly items, it is time for Bliz to control the drop rates.
For a test, I did a 100% full run of Act3 on MP1 in less than 1.5 hr yesterday and found 2 leg and 1 set. Can't actually conclude anything but I felt the drop rate stay the same.
Reply Quote
Yea i'm finiding the loot since patch 1.0.6 came out has been terrible. Have gotten 2 legendary drops in approx 30 runs when I used to get around 1 per run before.

Also as someone else pointed out even rares are dropping less. Killed an elite pack with 5 stack and no rare dropped (1st time this has happened to me) and generally less rares are dropping when I have 5 stack. I have around 350% MF on MP2.

The thing that irks me is people who are on lower paragon lvl and with lower MF I play with all seem to get regular drops.

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's Blizzard. They are obviously trying to entice the people who play less to play more, simple as that. And for those that do play regularly you won't get a good drop in ages so you stop playing (therefore becoming one of those players that play less) and then when you do come back you get a legendary to keep you interested in the game still.

Here is a simple test: Do not log on for approx 2 days straight, don't check AH house etc, just don't log on in for 2 days. I guarantee when you do log on and do a run for approx 1 hour you will get a legendary if not 2 or 3. This happens to me every single time!! Also noticed it happens to my friends when they haven't played in while as well - again every single time.

Edit: Also I have found zero keys in those 30 runs, bad luck maybe especially on MP2 but tried 2 runs on MP5 and still nothing. Again bad luck maybe but i was getting a key approx 1 every 5-6 runs previously (MP2) so it seems real strange.

Dude, your theory of not logging in for days made me laugh!
For key farming, I suggest you try MP7. It consistently drop for me. I have made more than 50 rings.
Reply Quote
I too have had a bad luck since patch 1.06 played i reacon at least 50 plus hours and didnt find a single legendary or rare upgrade on any of my characters. I ended up using all my gold .

I did however complete inferno with all character classes now...
Reply Quote
did act 3 run last night in multiplayer game and got 4 legendaries, granted they were mostly worthless. did another run tonight solo and got couple legendaries, one was pretty decent. my mf is only around 100ish and i only play couple hours each night after kid goes to bed.

so op had just a run of bad luck.
Reply Quote
Not on me, just got a nat ring from game worth 50m :)
Reply Quote
I got 2 leg drops in my first act 2 oasis clear mp5 later in the day last Tuesday when I got home from work. Both worthless, but since then I haven't found one.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
and another 3 runs a3 mp 8 = 575% mf ... no leg or set...bad luck? crazy? dumb?
can u check if there is something wrong? :) please? not to point that several creeps are invisible and hit me and i can't do anything about that...

That said, our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report[/url] forum would be a great place to post about those invisible monster attacks.

Actually, you guys would never admit that your programmers are incompetent. The fact is, you have a severe bug in your drop rates not only of keys, but also of legendaries and sets. I understand you can and do manipulate those rates with certain parameters, sometimes even extreme, but this does beyond that. When a guy goes 0 and 46 for keys on mp 5, that's like flipping a coin and coming up with heads 46 times in a row. It's almost statistically impossible. Then when you have the exact some thing happening to a whole bunch of people, ya, you have a bug.
Reply Quote
i can confirm that there seems to be a drop rate bug of some sort. I killed 2 champ packs tonight so far that have dropped zero rares even while being killed with 5 stacks.

granted, it was 2 packs out of about 50 or so, but unless something unforeseen was going on with this new patch, it should be impossible for it to happen

i'm not going to call conspiracy z0mg etc, but in true blizzard fashion, something is definitely borked, and they're definitely going to deny it and stealth hotfix it lol
Reply Quote
It has definitely INCREASED... i'm finding heaps more since the last update. i just did 2 runs then, act 3, not full runs , just cydea/azmodan... got 6 legendaries.. ALL extremely useless...
gidbinn, dawn, last breath (all with ridicuoulsy bad stats and low DPS) , ageless might, dark mages shade and of course - the obligatory GLADIATOR fkn GAUNTLETS! needless to say the blacksmith has been doing a lot more work than he usually does.
another piece of evidence supporting my drop rate increase is that the other day i found leorics signet when previously i had tried for countless hours to get ( put on rmah starting at 9.50 - currently up to 11.48)
so i guess that 1 godly drop is at least making up for these absolutely trash legendaries that have been dropping very frequently lately...

oh forgot to mention my MF is 285 with 5 stack NV
Edited by RocketShlong#1701 on 12/3/2012 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
i guess everybody in all of d3 is getting unlucky bro. that must be it. its called "job security" they say this to keep their job
Reply Quote

Actually, you guys would never admit that your programmers are incompetent. The fact is, you have a severe bug in your drop rates not only of keys, but also of legendaries and sets. I understand you can and do manipulate those rates with certain parameters, sometimes even extreme, but this does beyond that. When a guy goes 0 and 46 for keys on mp 5, that's like flipping a coin and coming up with heads 46 times in a row. It's almost statistically impossible. Then when you have the exact some thing happening to a whole bunch of people, ya, you have a bug.

People seem to have no concept of statistics. Don't cry after 10 runs. Don't cry after 50 runs. Do at least 1000. Then come back and talk about statistics or rigged drop rates.
Reply Quote
NO drop rate decrease, 1-2 legends each day, 2 hours play time, hell I'm finding keys at MP3 now, so they BUMPED the key drop rates!!! YAY!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]