Diablo® III

drop rate decreased?

i earlier posted i too had not found legendary for 2 days agreeing with OP but today i have found about 10 legendaries and a few worth in the 20M range so it was onlt bad luck
Reply Quote
Just modify the random generator , were to make it harder to drop the chance ............
Because no legend i've been AFK 3 days....maybe more...
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

Here is a simple test: Do not log on for approx 2 days straight, don't check AH house etc, just don't log on in for 2 days. I guarantee when you do log on and do a run for approx 1 hour you will get a legendary if not 2 or 3. This happens to me every single time!! Also noticed it happens to my friends when they haven't played in while as well - again every single time.

Edit: Also I have found zero keys in those 30 runs, bad luck maybe especially on MP2 but tried 2 runs on MP5 and still nothing. Again bad luck maybe but i was getting a key approx 1 every 5-6 runs previously (MP2) so it seems real strange.

You know something sir, I've been a Blizzard gamer since 2004 and so I've seen a lot. Don't ever listen to anyone who says you are wrong about this because you are 100% right. Blizzard does exactly what you desribe here in WoW as well. I don't want to bore anyone with a lot of details, but in WoW their PvP matching system works the same way, and for the same exact reason, to encourage people who play less to play more. So when you quit playing for a number of days or weeks, when you come back all of a sudden you are matched with good PvPers against a bad team and you'll win every game for awhile. So what you're saying about the loot drops. Yes, that is consistent with how Blizzard operates. I have capped magic find, but apparently Blizzard could care less about rewarding me for that. The fact of the matter is whatever they do is to either generate more sales or more auction house activity, and there are no limitations to what you can do with your own coding, much of which is simple to do relative to the cost verses benefit. It's complex enough though where in the case they obviously have a bug in their drop rates that probably isn't intended. But, it gives us insight into how their drop rates work in the game. It's somewhat complex, but you can begin to see what kind of players are having issues verses those who aren't, and an intellegent person then reconciles those to find the differences.
Reply Quote

Here is a simple test: Do not log on for approx 2 days straight, don't check AH house etc, just don't log on in for 2 days. I guarantee when you do log on and do a run for approx 1 hour you will get a legendary if not 2 or 3. This happens to me every single time!! Also noticed it happens to my friends when they haven't played in while as well - again every single time.

Edit: Also I have found zero keys in those 30 runs, bad luck maybe especially on MP2 but tried 2 runs on MP5 and still nothing. Again bad luck maybe but i was getting a key approx 1 every 5-6 runs previously (MP2) so it seems real strange.

You know something sir, I've been a Blizzard gamer since 2004 and so I've seen a lot. Don't ever listen to anyone who says you are wrong about this because you are 100% right. Blizzard does exactly what you desribe here in WoW as well. I don't want to bore anyone with a lot of details, but in WoW their PvP matching system works the same way, and for the same exact reason, to encourage people who play less to play more. So when you quit playing for a number of days or weeks, when you come back all of a sudden you are matched with good PvPers against a bad team and you'll win every game for awhile. So what you're saying about the loot drops. Yes, that is consistent with how Blizzard operates. I have capped magic find, but apparently Blizzard could care less about rewarding me for that. The fact of the matter is whatever they do is to either generate more sales or more auction house activity, and there are no limitations to what you can do with your own coding, much of which is simple to do relative to the cost verses benefit. It's complex enough though where in the case they obviously have a bug in their drop rates that probably isn't intended. But, it gives us insight into how their drop rates work in the game. It's somewhat complex, but you can begin to see what kind of players are having issues verses those who aren't, and an intellegent person then reconciles those to find the differences.

*waves hand*

The sense of entitlement in this one is strong.

If people were not getting these legendary dry spells, I would be worried. Although these rather extreme theories sure are annoying, it is sort of a good thing since it shows that RNG is actually doing its job.
Reply Quote
last saturday i got 8 legend + 1 set from 1 run act1 mp5. set item is inna pant, sold for 3,5mill. 8 legend = brimstone :(
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Maximus
Since patch 1.0.6 did not change any of the drop rates I would say what you are experiencing is, unfortunately, simply a bad luck streak. :( I know it can be hard to believe after a very long run of previously great luck, but we truly didn’t lower the drop rates of Legendary items.

Well that would be understandable but how is it when it seems one person is all of a sudden on a so called bad luck streak. 15+ other people just went on a bad luck streak too? No they was stealth nerfed end of story in the future just mention things when you do it you can't tweak the drop rate and expect it not to be noticeable but fact is when enough people come forward and notice it too its clear something is up. Also I find it funny how I seem to notice things not seeming even remotely close to how the drops where when 1.0.5 first came out and come on here to find several post on forums asking if drops where nerfed. A bad luck streak don't just add up.

Lol it's called confirmation bias, look it up.
Reply Quote
Drop rates seem to be exactly the same since 1.0.5

Loot is practically raining on us now. try farming mp3 or so with max mf and tell me you dont find a legendary almost every full act 3 clear and multiple stashfulls of high lvl rares. It is still very hard to find really expensive items but thats why they are expensive.

so much loot is dropping im torn between picking it up or just leaving it cuz my stash is already full.
Edited by Dirk#1799 on 12/3/2012 11:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
RNG is RNG.

I know that at times I feel that I am the one singled out for bad luck. but then ... wham ... a good day. Today I found my EF and Vile Ward ... both upgrades from previous EF and Vile wards that are now on the ah. Oh yeah, I found my off hand last week! Before that I got zip for about a month, exceopt that I was farming rings.

Found a few others that might help out other classe, and waiting to see if I can sell anything. It's been a long dry spell for me, so I now bellieve it's really RNG. I only hope I can get something that will sell, so I can make my next, costly, upgrade! Either prices will come down, or I will sell enough to afford something decent.

Remove tinfoil hat please!
Reply Quote
View profile
No got 8 legendary today and key drops are fine pick a higher mp.
Reply Quote
What about the goblins? The drops if you are unlucky enough to get a green or gold from them? Where they nerfed because the puzzlebox?
Reply Quote
View profile
The result is so extreme.... wont blizzard investigate why such happen?

Someone drop like rain but someone never get any.

PRNG is not working like this! Only Error working like this.
Reply Quote
I think green piece are more difficult to drop .

Right?
Reply Quote
Which letter of RNG don't you understand?

Human nature dictates the poors are more likely to complaint than the riches are to show off.

If I get no legendaries in 20hours of play I'll probably make a thread like this, too. If I get 3 legendaries in 3minutes I'll probably eat the cake myself and maybe just tell my friends. Which one of my friend did, he was so excited finding 3 legendaries in less than 2 minutes and called me about it, but he probably did not make a thread named "drop rate is retardedly high".
Reply Quote
my rate has dropped but it wasn't high to begin with.
Reply Quote
drop rates have indeed change since 1.05 release, its easy to notice when you play everyday.

when 1.07 comes out i'm going to record every single legendary drop with date and time i suggest more of you do this if you want to bring good evidence to the table.
Reply Quote
800 hours of gameplay blues...been playing since day 1. Want to know how many good drops ive had that have been memorable? 0...0 thats not fun and it's a drudgery.. not a streak of bad luck. Most the gear I have came from people that I know who use bots. Yes bots.. all the good gear is being horded by botters. This game is terrible I'm sad to say. It's so bad.. how can u guys not see or admit that.'

EDIT: do i get legendaries? yes.. Do i get yellows? yes.. How many of them are good? None of them. That is not an exaggeration. It's called something that I'm not sure the word to use for. 800 hours of gameplay and nothing? give me a break something about the way things are rigged in the so called RNG is really screwed up... I should be playing another class by now but im still stuck on my monk trying to get him to an elite status...Not gonna happen.
Edited by ParadigmDeez#1302 on 12/4/2012 1:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
RNG. I gotten 6 Set and 4 Legendaries today on MP0 Act 3.
Reply Quote
switch around your mp levels, play with friends etc.

I went a couple straight games on mp4 without having a single set or legendary drop. I got invited to an mp6 act 1 key run and I got an IK armor off the 3rd or 4th elit pack.

another dry spell of 2 to 3 games running solo and then I did a smash and dash act 3 mp1 run and got 3 leg and 1 set (worthless but still drops)

seriously, try switching mp levels around. i've seen results..
Reply Quote
I didn't find any changes.

No legends as usual and a bit more rares (with more MF from paragon level).

Definitely not a nerf, just everything as usual and a lot of bad luck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]