Diablo® III

drop rate decreased?

I hate that a CM has to come after almost every patch/maint to tell you guys that the drops haven't changed...
Reply Quote
I absolutely agree, Legends are nerfed, I've been running with people who have way less MF than I do on Mp5 plus with my MF gear I have way over 500, as for other players in my team have 200-250 and get more legends and than I do actually I can't even remember the last time i got a Legend but w/e blizz does as blizz pleases. I got rid of all my mf gear and now just use decent dps/survival gear and yet nothing. Maybe my account is just banned from getting Legends or maybe Blizz hates me who knows. lol
Reply Quote
blizz,

Please cut the drop rates for legs to 1/10 of what they are now to bring the ah/rmah back in line.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
It's all in your heads. I've had great luck in the past two weeks.

Found in the last few days:
-Slorak's madness with 100%CD and socket - sold for 26m
-Ice climbers - sold for 50m
-Vile wards with 20%mf - on AH
-Dead man's legacy- on AH

Your bad luck has balanced out mine. Thanks! :D
Reply Quote
Multiple drops drops per run is still often.
I don't complain about drop rate. What bother me is that 9/10 legendary drop is being salvaged and 1/10 can sell chumpchange. I did one run yesterday and found 3 legendaries: Band of Hallow - salvaged. Inna's Radiance ( set item) - salvaged. And Inna's Armor , which is being post for 2m. And i don't even think that it will sell.

The problem is that GAH and RMAH is loaded with 100000000000000000000000000000000000
items. So nothing you find can sell. Take 1 month to find a Legendary set item and have to salvage it.....LOL. And everyday there will be more and more items being loading up on AH.
There is no motivation to hunt anymore because all drops go to salvaging. or selliing 10000000000 rares to npc. I wish items in Diablo can be over-enchant to improve the status or damage on the item. And it have a high chance of evaporating the item. This way there won't be KAZILLIONS of items flooding AH and nothing sell. People can hunt alot of rares and attempt to over-enchant the items instead of selling 99.99999999% of lv63s rares to shop.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Nemesis
I absolutely agree, Legends are nerfed, I've been running with people who have way less MF than I do on Mp5 plus with my MF gear I have way over 500, as for other players in my team have 200-250 and get more legends and than I do actually I can't even remember the last time i got a Legend but w/e blizz does as blizz pleases. I got rid of all my mf gear and now just use decent dps/survival gear and yet nothing. Maybe my account is just banned from getting Legends or maybe Blizz hates me who knows. lol

how is it nerfed if others are finding legs in same game? O.o

"Random"
Reply Quote
Im para 100 and play mp7+ and went 12 runs without a legendary....
Reply Quote
Multiple drops drops per run is still often.
I don't complain about drop rate. What bother me is that 9/10 legendary drop is being salvaged and 1/10 can sell chumpchange. I did one run yesterday and found 3 legendaries: Band of Hallow - salvaged. Inna's Radiance ( set item) - salvaged. And Inna's Armor , which is being post for 2m. And i don't even think that it will sell.

The problem is that GAH and RMAH is loaded with 100000000000000000000000000000000000
items. So nothing you find can sell. Take 1 month to find a Legendary set item and have to salvage it.....LOL. And everyday there will be more and more items being loading up on AH.
There is no motivation to hunt anymore because all drops go to salvaging. or selliing 10000000000 rares to npc. I wish items in Diablo can be over-enchant to improve the status or damage on the item. And it have a high chance of evaporating the item. This way there won't be KAZILLIONS of items flooding AH and nothing sell. People can hunt alot of rares and attempt to over-enchant the items instead of selling 99.99999999% of lv63s rares to shop.

the motivation is finding that elite item! the elite items shouldn't fall every 5 minutes, they should fall once every month.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Kevorkian
nothing wrong with drops. I found 2 nats boots, set source (chandodo if spelled right), skorn and 2 crap 2 hand swords yesterday. if you want more than that then you're being unreasonable and should quit the game.

I'm with you. In the past week I've found 20+ leg in public games alone with only 230ish mf. On average, 1:10 drops is something worthwhile. I don't really see a problem with this.

The biggest thing that screws up my drop rate is when people try to be a hero and wipe out entire maps while no one else is around. I get that you are an almighty being and must be worshiped, but please be awesome beside me instead of running past every mundane monster and leaving a hot mess behind for the rest of the party to clean up.
Reply Quote

So, half of the Diablo 3 player community is having bad luck! Seems legit lol.

Well since there are like 30 people playing it's really not that hard to gather evidence. I just came back 10 days ago and I can't believe how few people are playing this game. I had better luck finding people to play with on D2.
Edited by Blitz#1627 on 12/4/2012 7:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Chillmonkey
nothing wrong with drops. I found 2 nats boots, set source (chandodo if spelled right), skorn and 2 crap 2 hand swords yesterday. if you want more than that then you're being unreasonable and should quit the game.

The biggest thing that screws up my drop rate is when people try to be a hero and wipe out entire maps while no one else is around. I get that you are an almighty being and must be worshiped, but please be awesome beside me instead of running past every mundane monster and leaving a hot mess behind for the rest of the party to clean up.

I hate this. When I do find people to play with they play the game so linear and just like you said they do. In a straight line going as fast as possible from point A to point B. Tunnel vision.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Nilrem
The less leg drops, the more people will spend real $ on gold or the leg they want. This is Bliz business model. Once they sold you the game this is the only way they can make more $ off of you. Fact: 1 out of 10 leg drops that you get will be somehow useful to your character. 9 will be useless leg crap. Even better for Bliz business model.

Then why did they double the Legendary drop rates? They never had to even bring it up nor even mention they were considering it. If it was their business model, they would have refrained from doing so.

Well that would be understandable but how is it when it seems one person is all of a sudden on a so called bad luck streak. 15+ other people just went on a bad luck streak too? No they was stealth nerfed end of story in the future just mention things when you do it you can't tweak the drop rate and expect it not to be noticeable but fact is when enough people come forward and notice it too its clear something is up. Also I find it funny how I seem to notice things not seeming even remotely close to how the drops where when 1.0.5 first came out and come on here to find several post on forums asking if drops where nerfed. A bad luck streak don't just add up.

People feel the need to explain what happens. This has been occurring since essentially, ancient times. Even the Greeks and Romans came up with Gods to explain the weather, death, life, and even their bad luck (the gods are not happy so worship them).

So, we have a situation where people need to explain why they have a streak of bad luck. Luck is difficult to be blame since it is not something that can be seen or even represented, thus, blaming Blizzard is far easier.

the other aspect that is going on is peoples natural desire to relate. So, when one sees a post such as these, they have a tendency to think, "oh that is happening to me as well!" when the notion does not really come up to begin with.

If wanting real life examples, one can just look at many of the common conspiracy theories out there. Even the notion of being abducted by aliens comes up often. People relate and generally will come together to explain why X, Y, or Z has occurred. Pretty easy to see this sort of mentality occurring.

My faith in Diablo 3 gamers is renewed. I see smart post like this and i want to play even more. In the first patches, people complained about certain stuff and it was a great thing to do because those problems, in general, were a whole player base issue (i dropped playing this time). Blizzard took the responsability and fixed a lot of stuff, and i came back. Now I see new problems, but those are in relation to PVP and how unbalanced it seems the game now. The streaks in drops are streaks, and if they rise the drop rate for every single guy that has a bad streak or its not having luck, the game will become idiotic in terms of farm fun. I like the lottery factor on Diablo 3 while I slain 21321312390 monsters and have fun with my friends on TeamSpeak. Sometimes i just farm and listen to some music or an audiobook while im farming. Somedays its hard and you find nothing, but any day, anytime, you have the exactly amount of probabilities to find an Echoing Fury that can be sold for 7500 euros.

Try to complain more about stuff that concerns everyone (rubberbanding, lag, lack of pause request on coop, bugs, unbalanced gear for pvp, bots, lack of skills and optimal builds diversity, etc.) and not just you and your perceptions about reality.

Think before write.
Reply Quote
para 84 1 hour of farming 8 legendary day before yesterday 1 hour of farming 0 legendary luck is luck. Some days you get a string of good luck and its easy to forget, people tend to remember the bad stuff that happens to them so when they don't get a legendary for several runs suddenly drops got nerfed.
Reply Quote
Gah. People not understanding the nature of random.

Anomaly- after 1.0.6 I had 3 consecutive runs where I had 1 legendary drop. They were all legendary shoulder items. 2 of which had identical base defense. (sidenote: I went cold for a few runs but my next legendary drop was, you guessed it, shoulders).

Why don't people understand random? It's not that hard.

Instead, they would rather believe some crank on the forums saying that drops were nerfed. And the only evidence they offer is " I did X (where X < 50) runs and I got no legendaries!"

Wow, with a sample size that huge... you still have zero evidence. It's simply a bunch of whiners not happy because they didn't get a perfectly rolled legendary every time one dropped.
Reply Quote
my question is....having done 10 machines portals in return to new tristram....having my 5 buff......still not 1 single drop......whats the trick?????
Reply Quote
Try my guide. I follow it to the letter and get legendaries and sets to drop like candy.

http://voices.yahoo.com/diablo-3-act-3-legendary-farming-guide-11911244.html

This is the worst troll i have ever seen. Every Yellow that drops in inferno with mp1 or above rolls as if were an ilvl 63. Ilvl 58 will roll just as high stat wise as an ilvl 63. That whole post is full of !@#$. Your info is crap bro.
Reply Quote
killed mp1 inferno diablo with a full stack and he dropped only blue items....

WTF
Reply Quote

I'm with you. In the past week I've found 20+ leg in public games alone with only 230ish mf. On average, 1:10 drops is something worthwhile. I don't really see a problem with this.

I kill every single thing on the maps. click on the dead bodies, and barrels. no stone unturned!

you fail describing me!

PS: I hope my worshiping fan base grows, 1 worshipper is really not good.
Edited by Kevorkian#1779 on 12/4/2012 8:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think Diablo is so meant to be solo play. Cuz i am so busy trying to maintain my Berserker from buff and there is just no time to stop and type . Unless people use headset, which i don't HeHeHe..... So everytime i talk to friend i have to pause the game to type LOL.
But at the same time i have works on other screens to do, so solo play is best for me.

BTW...is there and bonus for multi-player game? like exp bonus or drop bonus?
Reply Quote
Honestly, who cares if the legendries drop at a good rate? If the stats are trash ad they are useless, why even bother?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]