Diablo® III

Dear Wizards (specifically CM Wizards).

No hate here. Maybe in the past, but I've tasted the kool-aid... and it was alright. :) I understand a lot more about the complexities of the build now and know that it isn't just facerolling. Again, this isn't about CM being OP, I stated that I don't think it is anymore... it's about everything else being UP. ?

Yup i've been saying that even before we were nerfed 2x b4. Back then it was be CM or be worth 2b and build an archon to get through inferno. Now archon cant even do it. It's getting worse under MP high HP high damage regime we live under now.

I can build anything and tried a lot. Have major defensive gear and DPS and all the important wiz modifiers (apoc ls etc) and 95% is crap is just not even viable.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/3/2012 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Good post. I agree that the synergy between players is very lackluster in our current state. Honestly in most cases it's more efficient to play alone, which is sad.

I would love to see some mechanics incorporated that encourage team play, instead of solo play.

So what current skills could you revamp to make them viable?

I wouldn't remove any skills or passives (solo play will stay unchanged). Instead every class gets a 4th "team passive" that provides benefits to allies. I envision each class having like 3 or so team passives and you get to choose 1 as your team passive. if you play solo it will be active it just won't do anything. Every one still gets their 3 normal passives which are chosen from the current set of "normal passives".

So for example a wiz runs in a party and selects for their passives CM, glass cannon and blur. The team members have low survivability so for their team passive they select one that gives allies all resists. the allies then get like +50 or +100 RA the wiz doesn't get any. They still get their 3 normal passives.

Edit: 1 thing I really would like to see is a barb being able to tank and keep a whole pack of elites distracted or mostly distracted. I envision playing in a group where the barb face tanks stuff (probably with low dmg like 10-20k dps) and the wiz channels disintegrate and blasts the stuff for lots of damage (aren't we supposed to be a glass cannon after all?). This will open up a lot of channeling spells and enable people to start looking at cross class builds and synergies of parties.

and while we're at it lets make max party size 5 so we can get 1 of each class in a party.
Edited by DaMann#1290 on 12/3/2012 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lbiQSO!XdY!bbbYZY

That was the build I used, and also I wasn't born with a 300k dps silver spoon in my mouth. I played since launch and was unemployed for a large chunk of time around then...ergo had alot of play time.

That build did wonders for me, I was able to clear to diablo in inferno as a complete glass cannon. As for what would make me go back to something like that...probably combos.

Becing able to chuck arcane torrent mines from ranged and then getting some kind of bonus chain reaction if you blow them up with arcane orb would be cool. More synergy between skills really. At the same time, I don't think kiting builds will ever ever be able to farm as well as ones that let you facetank...so by your definition I think they'll always be 'uselsss'
Reply Quote

No hate here. Maybe in the past, but I've tasted the kool-aid... and it was alright. :) I understand a lot more about the complexities of the build now and know that it isn't just facerolling. Again, this isn't about CM being OP, I stated that I don't think it is anymore... it's about everything else being UP. ?

Yup i've been saying that even before we were nerfed 2x b4. Back then it was be CM or be worth 2b and build an archon to get through inferno. Now archon cant even do it. It's getting worse under MP high HP high damage regime we live under now.

I can build anything and tried a lot. Have major defensive gear and DPS and all the important wiz modifiers (apoc ls etc) and 95% is crap is just not even viable.

I'm the same way - I spend a lot of time looking at what skills should theoretically synergize, but there's so many under-the-hood mechanics that aren't explained in tooltips (proc rates, for example) that make a lot of skills basically non-functional from a sustainability standpoint. But, if they're not gonna change our proc rates, how could they adjust the traits (damage, ap cost, activation time) of a lot of these skills to make them more viable?
Reply Quote

I'm the same way - I spend a lot of time looking at what skills should theoretically synergize, but there's so many under-the-hood mechanics that aren't explained in tooltips (proc rates, for example) that make a lot of skills basically non-functional from a sustainability standpoint. But, if they're not gonna change our proc rates, how could they adjust the traits (damage, ap cost, activation time) of a lot of these skills to make them more viable?

a passive that gives apoc would make fire and forget skills like orb and meteor more sustainable, while channeling skills need to either summon clones so ur clones can absorb some aggro or give a defense boost and/or life steal while active so that u dont die while standing in one place
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I love the all out lightning build for Wizards while leveling up. But I know it is extremely inferior in MP levels. If a lightning build becomes viable and strong for Wizards, I will finally lvl him up.

In the giggles build I had:

Electrocute/Chain Lightning
Frost Nova/Shatter
Hydra/Lightning Hydra
Magic Weapon/Electrify
Storm Armor/Reactive Armor
And finally Paralysis as the only required passive.

It was fun to see lightning charges fill the screen jumping all over the place, zapping everything and stunning mobs left and right. It killed just fine leveling up but I know it would never work for Inferno MP levels.

At least my Barb has more effective builds to toy with when I'm bored of WW.
Edited by Reloadz#1719 on 12/4/2012 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
if you want to make every other skill viable.

simply put the loh proc on all of them should be 2.0 or higher. (ie: diverge cm proc from loh proc).

and unnerf lifesteal.

until you can have a disintegrate/channelling build stand there, tank hits at mp10 from 2 packs of phase beasts electrified,,molten,fast, firechains and healing back to full in an instant, its never going to be viable compared to cmww
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]