Diablo® III

Act 3 Firewall

The firewall traps in The Keep Depths do way to much damage, it must be a bug. Compared to other traps it's imba.

Inferno:
Giant cleavers (that would one-shot anyone irl) in late Act 1 = 400 dmg (lol?)
Firewalls in act 3 = 25000 dmg per tick (wtf?)

Either fix the firewall damage or buff the other traps. It makes no sence the difference is that great. I'm suprised it has not been fixed yet.
Reply Quote
I guess everything is ok and balanced seeing that this post has been moved from the bug report forum to general discussion.
Reply Quote
81 Troll Priest
u see that fire? that there is not normal fire.
Reply Quote
It seems that its the only environmental attack which scales up in inferno. Crazily.
Reply Quote
Its been that way for awhile :) i stay away lol
Reply Quote
Yes! I'm far too lazy to avoid fire too! BLIZZARD PLEASE NERF!
Reply Quote
just got basically *one* shotted by this in hardcore. Wizard had 1000+ all res and i didnt even have a second to teleport off of it. Maybe its a certain one that is bugged. It was NOT the dmg it should have been.
Reply Quote
What kills me(yeah, I made that joke) is that all of the fire trap grates in there can be vaulted safely...except 1!
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:51 PMPosted by mezee
just got basically *one* shotted by this in hardcore. Wizard had 1000+ all res and i didnt even have a second to teleport off of it. Maybe its a certain one that is bugged. It was NOT the dmg it should have been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2vWEmIYPqQ

I don't think it's bugged, I think it's just horribly imbalanced for whatever reason.
Reply Quote
I bet someone at blizz laughs everytime they see one of these posts.. Then they get together on lunch and chuckle about it as they tell their co-workers.
Reply Quote
You can see them and they don't move around so how do you die from them?
Reply Quote
I wasnt aware that it was broken like that.

The other environment objects in act 3-4 were doing about ~10% of my hp with what my current setup was..
Edited by mezee#1650 on 2/1/2013 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
people die from them not because they see them and purposely walk into them, everyone knows they hurt too much, sometimes you are running across and one just pops out randomly or you are killing something near one and just barely touch it. there are also latency issues and elites affixes that can cause a silly death. the fact is they are extremely imbalanced compared to all other environmental traps/hazards in the game. they should fix the damage to be in line with everything else, whether that means nerfing it or buffing everything else.
Reply Quote
Firewall traps are fine. Buff the other traps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]