Diablo® III

Banning Botters Movement!!!

Hi guys, I also realise the botting issue is becoming a little out of control. A friend of mine quit playing last night because he is sick of runing into bots all the time, before he quit he gave me all his gears ;-)

I was thinking if we could start a movement where all the legit players go play on a pubic game for 15 minutes every time they log into the game and actively report a few botters to blizzard, hoepfully it'll get billizzard's attention and reduce the severity of this situation.

Thanks

Bump this if you are not a botter
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
maybe this is a waste of time, like some one once said, 99% of D3 player base are all botters now......sigh......no more real players left
Reply Quote
Sorry bro, it was a nice idea but it's impossible for us to stop the bot users by our self, it is the company itself that should take action against these violations of rules, and not the player base.

It sucks, and the game is completely falling apart in my opinion, especially when players decides to use bots instead of playing by themselves whenever they can, and in such a large scale. I quit wow recently because of the insane amount of bots, i am starting to consider doing the same with this game.
Reply Quote
Not to mention the majority of bots are not in open games
Reply Quote
Community Manager
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat. Instead, we usually will post something whenever we issue a big wave, or whenever we feel like we need to remind players that exploitative behavior is not okay and can lead to a permanent ban from Diablo III.

It's something we take very seriously, though. Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible. From the development side, we look at ways to reduce the effects of exploitative behavior on the community and/or prevent certain programs from working outright. This trick here is to make sure that whatever we do doesn't negatively impact legitimate players, which is actually a very fine tightrope to walk (you saw the complications of that whenever we introduced game limiting). From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams. And from the anti-hack side, we take action on players that we are able to confirm to be maliciously exploiting the game, be it through botting or other forms of cheating.

The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our webform.

And, just for clarity, let me repeat:

- Exploitative behavior is not okay (this includes botting).
- If you are found to be exploiting the game, you can be permanently banned.
- Source: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy
Reply Quote
Thank you Lylirra. Hopefully everyone can shut up about bots for now.

(more specifically, everyone crying about CMs not acknowledging bots)
Edited by kron0logik#1195 on 11/20/2012 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
finally a update from blue regarding botting. Keep the good fight going.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the update Lylirra, maybe there still is hope afterall :)
Reply Quote
Oh look a blue in a botting thread bump

Btw as i read on some bot forum (am not botting just like to read the ban reports:) ) the last public statement called "diablo players banned" was about people using maphack and that zoom out thingy not a massive bot banwave.
Reply Quote
Also relevant to the blue post regarding everyday public statements about bans would become tedious,i disagree.I would like a counter that bumps up everytime you ban one,k thx.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/20/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Yvana
Btw as i read on some bot forum (am not botting just like to read the ban reports:) ) the last public statement called "diablo players banned" was about people using maphack and that zoom out thingy not a massive bot banwave.

It included, but certainly was not limited to, that particular type of behavior. We called it out specifically in the announcement, so it's nothing new.
Reply Quote
Bump, this post in important~~
Reply Quote
Lylirra can you please give a verdict on Loot Alert, there is a blue GM picture going around saying it's ok, I would like to use it but since it reads memory the same way a bot does I don't want to risk my account.

Also do you have anyone who does manual banning by looking at logs of people who are farming 24/7 or have 500,000 elite kills in hell, or have been reported in game x amount of times.
It's annoying people can come on the forums, boast about botting and not get punished since warden is next to useless vs a good bot.
Edited by Kegsta#2588 on 11/20/2012 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Of course you cant post something every time you ban a player beacuase thats atleast 1/4th of the population. Let's face it half of the population that is paragon 100 botted. I know its really hard to keep up with the times but this post is about 3 months late.
Edited by Shlink#1588 on 11/20/2012 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat. Instead, we usually will post something whenever we issue a big wave, or whenever we feel like we need to remind players that exploitative behavior is not okay and can lead to a permanent ban from Diablo III.

It's something we take very seriously, though. Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible. From the development side, we look at ways to reduce the effects of exploitative behavior on the community and/or prevent certain programs from working outright. This trick here is to make sure that whatever we do doesn't negatively impact legitimate players, which is actually a very fine tightrope to walk (you saw the complications of that whenever we introduced game limiting). From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams. And from the anti-hack side, we take action on players that we are able to confirm to be maliciously exploiting the game, be it through botting or other forms of cheating.

The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html" class="bml-link-url2">webform</a>.

And, just for clarity, let me repeat:

- Exploitative behavior is not okay (this includes botting).
- If you are found to be exploiting the game, you can be permanently banned.
- Source: <a href="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

And yet I get multiple friend requests daily from obvious bots, with names like "dnvhry". How obvious does a bot have to get before it's banned?

You obviously can't answer that, but the problem is out of control and it's hard for a guy like me to vouch that you're busting your tails to stop the issue. No offense.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]