Diablo® III

Banning Botters Movement!!!

i agree that a more drastic step than just banning caught botters, like the captcha suggestion upon starting a game was intelligant and constructive, however, most of the reasons people !@#$% about botting is kind of lame.

Botters affect the economy, prices will soar do to botters- no, they wont. the game economy is a little slow right now for anyone. even if you are botting and getting tons of items....they have to sell. and if they are not then you drop the prices.

AH bots raise the prices- no, ah bots snipe low sales and bids of higher valued items and then sell them for the more average price market. players need to do more research on a item b4 just throwing it up on the AH. the bot isnt going to be sniping anything if there isnt any low balls being thrown from the stupid mound.

botters are leveling faster than me- and your point being? who cares, the game isnt going anywhere. if you like the game you are going to keep playing and leveling. there is nothing uber or awesome when you get to p100.

I will be disadvantaged in PvP- no, 1) the only "advantage" for a botter will be having p100. which in terms of damage is only giving them 300 of their main stat. nice but doesnt mean they will rickroll you. 2) if they botted all the way to 100 they are probably lazy and dont have the quickfingers and skill you do from grinding it out yourself. lack of skill will get them easily killed.

I cant keep up with a bot- eh, yeah, not in terms of drops per 24 hours cuz most likely your not playing for 24 hours like the bot is. but there is no garantee in that 24hrs that the bot picked up anything good. the chance of drop is with and against everyone on the same level. yes the chance for the bot is a little higher do to the time spent in game but that doesnt mean you wont find anything in the evening and weekend most of us have to play.

and on a final note bot forums are flooded with damnit i got banned posts for any game and im sure d3 isnt any different. so in terms of in game items/ gold they could have uber gear and billions of gold but who cares if they get banned... its all gone.

less QQ more pew pew and you will succeed.
Edited by Kretanix89#1107 on 11/21/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
The funny thing is everyone says "oversaturated" softcore auction house. The thing is each account can only put up ten things on the AH. How do you become oversaturated? It's not like I can put an infinite amount of items up for auction, constantly adding more and more to the AH supply. The supply is limited to the number of accounts. So, if all the botters were to play legit, the same amount of items would be up on the AH.

... dude are you for real? It can be saturated with quantity and it can be saturated with quality of items also are you so naive to think botters have only 1 account running at a time? How would they play legit on 10 or 50 accounts simultanously?
Reply Quote
Funny how things like botting and pvp and itemization just linger for months (years?) in this impossible to fix area, but when the AH has any issues the server is shut down immediately and the AH is fixed immediately. A lot of us aren't completely stupid, I certainly can't ever forget how things unfolded to get us here.
Reply Quote
i don't see why one thread should be limited to the topic of bots when the whole community is outraged. next time you lock one of my threads, beware the beast you unleashed in this community.

and for those that don't know, i made a lengthy thread about what blizz needs to do about bots and it was locked immediately and i was directed to this thread. but for giggles i will post what i posted in my thread.

blizz needs to make a blog about bots and what they are doing to combat them. this should include the following:

1) sales made from bots

2) bots that buy the game again after they are banned

3) how bots manipulate the economy

4) what programs the bots use, their behavior, and how they single out bots from real players

5) further procedures to enforce "no botting" a simple "report spam" is not effective enough

6) implement a captcha system to quell bots

7) flag accounts that have made 500mil+ gold or $500+ from the rmah

8) hire more GMs to actively seek out bots when they are reported

9) disable IPs and/or users from purchasing at least 4 copies of the game

10) listen to the community

bump or "like" this post if you agree. we need a real response from blizz.

Is this guy serious? His ideas are so high level. He didn't even propose 1 good solution. Point 1 to 10, don't make any sense....

Please, keep it serious.
Reply Quote
just make a captcha popout in the lower part of the screen every hour and you have 30 mins to answer the captcha image if not you are automatically put back to the main menu and unable to play the game. until you answer the captcha the game will be lock and the resume game button will be greyed out.this system wont work when doing ubers
Reply Quote
insert a report botting inside the game along the spam report.... i would report every bots i see for free :D
Edited by Monet#1161 on 11/21/2012 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm sure I am not the first to suggest this, but can we add the option for players to report players we suspect of being bots?

A large number of players can spot bots in public games by their actions and bot behavior patterns.

We can report players who are spam, why not have the option to report them as bots too.

Lets say that a player flags another player and that flagged player has been reported by 5 or 10 times as a suspect of being a bot, then blizzard can have a lead to someone suspected of being a bot and proceed to do what ever their process is to determine whether or not the player really is a bot or not.

It's just a though
Reply Quote
Lylirra, thanks for the response - I respect you and your position as a voice to us the community to the developers. I'm sorry though but your anti-hack team just isn't enough. You could spend months with a team and the same problems will come up over and over. You simply need new software to combat this in mass or we're going to get no where with this.

Why does Blizzard make serious drastic changes to game items yet when it comes to things like botting or huge imbalances they take baby steps?

AS seems overpowered, NERF IT BY HALF! You spent 200 dollars on an AS weapon? Too bad! Barbs farming twice as effective than everyone else making way more money? We'll get back to you on that...
Bots rampant out of control ruining the economy for EVERYONE? OK we'll do a ban wave now and ban some of them and get back to you on the rest....

Just doesn't make sense and this is the very reason why players get frustrated. What bots do effect us all, it determines what value my drops are! If I get a CC Nat's ring (never even got a nat's ring) say 4% yet the bots farming 24/7 have found 4 more of them, then my ring becomes less valuable.

Not just that but the gold they bring in, we can't compete against 24/7 bots. You doubled the legendary rate to basically make 90% of them useless due to rampant botting. Bot's just shouldn't have the ability to run at all. If you perma ban players running bots you're essentially cutting out half the active population lol and that's probably an understatement.

Just need much much better detection.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 11/21/2012 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
So why not add a captcha?
Reply Quote
Lylirra, thanks for the response - I respect you and your position as a voice to us the community to the developers. I'm sorry though but your anti-hack team just isn't enough. You could spend months with a team and the same problems will come up over and over. You simply need new software to combat this in mass or we're going to get no where with this.

Why does Blizzard make serious drastic changes to game items yet when it comes to things like botting or huge imbalances they take baby steps?

AS seems overpowered, NERF IT BY HALF! You spent 200 dollars on an AS weapon? Too bad! Barbs farming twice as effective than everyone else making way more money? We'll get back to you on that...
Bots rampant out of control ruining the economy for EVERYONE? OK we'll do a ban wave now and ban some of them and get back to you on the rest....

Just doesn't make sense and this is the very reason why players get frustrated. What bots do effect us all, it determines what value my drops are! If I get a CC Nat's ring (never even got a nat's ring) say 4% yet the bots farming 24/7 have found 4 more of them, then my ring becomes less valuable.

Not just that but the gold they bring in, we can't compete against 24/7 bots. You doubled the legendary rate to basically make 90% of them useless due to rampant botting. Bot's just shouldn't have the ability to run at all. If you perma ban players running bots you're essentially cutting out half the active population lol and that's probably an understatement.

if your crying because your CM wizard is slow..no wonder, try archon and you'll see if a barb can be faster then you.
they won't nerf barbarian just for you... they actually make alot of money out of good farmer like barbarians
Reply Quote
You can't beat them Blizzard, but you're certainly welcome to try.

... 'cos, they been doin it since day one and are still doin it to this day... tisk tisk blizzard, never !@#$ a %^-*ter.
Edited by MANTiC0R3#1342 on 11/21/2012 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

Did you really just QQ about barbs in a bot thread? Why don't you just re-roll to barb, or just stop playing all together if you're so unsatisfied with this game? I'm sure your empty friend's list will miss you a ton.
Reply Quote
When some one turns in a bot and they are successfully caught the player who turned them in should get an award. Maybe all the gold the botter has in his account. This would give insentive to turn in botters. I took a short break from DIII to play Block Opps 2. Came back a few days ago and could not believe the increase in bots in public games. It was annoying I had to start about 4 games to find one with out bots. In one game I was the only live player. I did not bother to turn them in, but I would if I could get there botted gold or botted xp. I love to play DIII and will continue to play but things like what happened the other day turned me off again for a few days and I went back to Black Ops.
Reply Quote
Ok first game back since last time and first game I am in there was a bot. Gamer Tag DOX. I noticed that there is no way to report them in game for botting. You can report real life harassment real life threat. Why not have a report for botting. It is so annoying I will try a few more games then it looks like back to some other game. I will report all the ones I find today. But it takes too much time and inconvienence and I shold not be policing the game Blizzard should. I would like a paycheck or reward for finding these bots for Blizzard today.
Edited by HeroSlayer#1138 on 11/21/2012 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat.

they should have their characters head held high on a spike in the center of town for all to see! this is what happens to bots!
Reply Quote
The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our webform.

Sorry, but I sent a report(web and e-mail) two weeks ago from a player who I'm sure is botting and nothing was done. He uses a bot that always shows its status as "in menu", but its level is always increasing. I understand that you are doing your best, but if a complaint with the player's battle tag does not show results or takes that long, gives me the feeling that these reports are useless.
Edited by UnDeploy#1294 on 11/21/2012 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
what no one has mentioned yet is that it doesnt matter if the persons bot gets banned. Most people have 2-3 running at once...some up to 6. But all smart botters have "safe" accounts that they transfer all money and good gear too nightly. So if you lose a bot....you lose maybe 20mil worth of average botting gear and 60$. with 6 bots running you more than make up for a loss account, hell even 2-3 bots you make profit. Just saying. in the end...cheaters always win...if it wasnt worth it...they wouldnt do it.
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Misc
what no one has mentioned yet is that it doesnt matter if the persons bot gets banned. Most people have 2-3 running at once...some up to 6. But all smart botters have "safe" accounts that they transfer all money and good gear too nightly. So if you lose a bot....you lose maybe 20mil worth of average botting gear and 60$. with 6 bots running you more than make up for a loss account, hell even 2-3 bots you make profit. Just saying. in the end...cheaters always win...if it wasnt worth it...they wouldnt do it.

you probably don't win alot in life or you cheat yourself...your mentally is what brings people not far in life
Reply Quote
Dear Monet,

Thank you for your deep insight. I am please to say that you have allowed myself to do some self reflecting and I have reaized that there is somthing terribly wrong with myself. I am now currently seeking councelling to solve my personal issues. Thank you for enlightening me, I am truly please you spoke up and spewed wisdom that has never touched me like those words have. I bless you sir.

Regards,

Misc xoxo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]