Diablo® III

Banning Botters Movement!!!

[quote]

I agree which is why I think they should IP ban them

don't have any figures, but I would bet that most of the botters have a dhcp based internet connection, and do not have a static IP address, so "IP Ban" would never, ever work.

Anyways, does anyone that isn't a bot play this anymore? I'd be shocked if anyone that isn't a bot is playing this game.

Yes people still play this game...though they hardly talk much :(, we need a vent channel or something.

This game is still good, people are just being stupid throwing a hissy fit over such small things, that causes other people who haven't even played to look at a different game instead.
Reply Quote
If this is such a big deal to you guys, and you can't help but complain, create pointless posts over something Blizzard is definitely aware of, and is doing their best to fix without their true player base getting hurt then please put forth ideas that can help them, or quit posting such useless posts please. Thank you.

If you want to be a big help, and get rid of botters that are apparently in every game you play like you say then record your secessions of you playing, and watch what the bottter is doing and then upload it to blizzard. I'm sure they wont need any more proof other than that.

That review procedure is not uncommon in bigger fps communities, but that is a volenteer job. I cannot imagine blizzard sitting back there, reviewing every single player. This is all done automaticly. Problem is that it aint working nearly as well as it should.

If noone makes a sound, then they can just sweep it under the rug.

As for your other suggestion, recording a bot. I suppose we should do this with fraps right? Thats all well and dandy, oh, big files gona take ages to upload. Oh well.
Not to mention, i am 100% certain that this would not be concidered viable evidence, they would not even look at the video.
Reply Quote
If this is such a big deal to you guys, and you can't help but complain, create pointless posts over something Blizzard is definitely aware of, and is doing their best to fix without their true player base getting hurt then please put forth ideas that can help them, or quit posting such useless posts please. Thank you.

If you want to be a big help, and get rid of botters that are apparently in every game you play like you say then record your secessions of you playing, and watch what the bottter is doing and then upload it to blizzard. I'm sure they wont need any more proof other than that.

That review procedure is not uncommon in bigger fps communities, but that is a volenteer job. I cannot imagine blizzard sitting back there, reviewing every single player. This is all done automaticly. Problem is that it aint working nearly as well as it should.

If noone makes a sound, then they can just sweep it under the rug.

As for your other suggestion, recording a bot. I suppose we should do this with fraps right? Thats all well and dandy, oh, big files gona take ages to upload. Oh well.
Not to mention, i am 100% certain that this would not be concidered viable evidence, they would not even look at the video.

How do you know, do you work for Blizzard?

Pretty sure there have been multiple posts about it, to the point where there's no point in posting about it anymore. I believe Blizzard is aware of it, and doesn't even needed to be reminded of it like a baby alarm.

Record with your phone, put it on youtube, I don't care just stop complaining, and actually do something about it instead of pointing the finger, and saying they botted when you have no proof.
Reply Quote
If anything, i would have to ask you how many accounts you are running on the side Kitsune.

You are no better yourself thou, complaining about the community/people who complain about something that is actually a real problem. But seeing how much you play the game, its not really any wonder you dont consider this to be a problem at all.
Reply Quote
If anything, i would have to ask you how many accounts you are running on the side Kitsune.

You are no better yourself thou, complaining about the community/people who complain about something that is actually a real problem. But seeing how much you play the game, its not really any wonder you dont consider this to be a problem at all.

Well how would you feel getting onto the d3 website looking for useful posts, and such instead only finding garbage of the same thing over, and over again, yet people can't realize things like this take time.

Would you want a mindless minion in charge of the ban button, and as soon as someone says he botted, that mindless minion hits the button, I would think you would want someone more serious in charge of the security of your account. No?

Edit: Wait I have to spend 1000 hours of playing the game, before I have the right to defend it? No I don't think I do.

Edit: I never said it wasn't a problem. I just think at a certain point people need to realize, that Blizzard knows there is a problem, and they're player base isn't happy about it. There is always going to be people that have no self-respect as a gamer to treat the game as it was meant to be treated without altering it the way the producers of the game wanted.
Edited by DarkKitsune#1709 on 11/24/2012 2:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
There are plenty of usefull posts if you look for it, tell me, what exactly are you looking for?
Also for checking information relating to the game in regards to news and so on, i suggest using diablofans.com instead. They do nice recaps of what has happened, making everything neat and easy for you.

And why do you think there are so many posts about this partiqular subject? Could it be because it is a real problem?
As i said earlier, if people say nothing, then its easier to sweep the problem under the rug.
Reply Quote
There are plenty of usefull posts if you look for it, tell me, what exactly are you looking for?
Also for checking information relating to the game in regards to news and so on, i suggest using diablofans.com instead. They do nice recaps of what has happened, making everything neat and easy for you.

And why do you think there are so many posts about this partiqular subject? Could it be because it is a real problem?
As i said earlier, if people say nothing, then its easier to sweep the problem under the rug.

Lets see I have to sort through all the garbage before I can find the posts i'm looking for which would be better ways to use my characters, what gear is good for my characters, what abilities should I use more than the others.

It's kinda sad that their is a fan base website, when Blizzard already created one for people to use.
:(

How many times do I have to repeat myself? I know it is a problem, but telling Blizzard over and over again like an annoying alarm clock or baby alarm isn't going to make the process go faster. Is it?

I never said people couldn't say anything, its just at a point you need to trust that Blizzard has your best intentions in their pocket, if not then I have serious questions about your loyalty to them, as a gamer that's this committed to them. No?
Edited by DarkKitsune#1709 on 11/24/2012 2:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
They do nice recaps of what has happened, making everything neat and easy for you.

Does this mean I was right, and there is too much garbage to sort through for finding the stuff you want, and if there wasn't that much garbage than there would be no need for a fan base website?
Reply Quote
Well, if you visit your local class forum, things should be a little more on the rails there. But a general discussion forum has never really been a calm and serene fora.
Reply Quote

I just looked at your account, and i'm a little annoyed that you have the right to question me on defending this game when you have only 1 character, that you haven't played with 0 elite kills and 0 lifetime kills.

How many accounts are you running on the side Sir?

Edit: Last time you played was May 17, 2012 and you haven't even gone anywhere, so whats the point of questioning me?

Edit: Unless they haven't been updating your profile, which is highly unlikely since I see mine get updated every now and then.
Edited by DarkKitsune#1709 on 11/24/2012 2:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sorry about that bud, im a EU player :)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jihn-2784/hero/75399
Reply Quote
Sorry about that bud, im a EU player :)

Ah. Thank you for clarifying that. :)
Reply Quote
An important thing to keep in mind is that we don't make public announcements every time we action players for cheating, and the reason for this is that we are constantly removing this kind of exploitative behavior from the game -- on a weekly basis, sometimes even on daily basis. Public announcements would become tedious if we decided to make one every single time we banned someone for using a bot, a hack, or some other kind of cheat. Instead, we usually will post something whenever we issue a big wave, or whenever we feel like we need to remind players that exploitative behavior is not okay and can lead to a permanent ban from Diablo III.

It's something we take very seriously, though. Our developers, support staff, and anti-hack teams are all busting their butts to ensure that your online experience is as free of cheats, hacks, and bots as possible. From the development side, we look at ways to reduce the effects of exploitative behavior on the community and/or prevent certain programs from working outright. This trick here is to make sure that whatever we do doesn't negatively impact legitimate players, which is actually a very fine tightrope to walk (you saw the complications of that whenever we introduced game limiting). From the support side, we make sure that your in-game reports reach our anti-hacks teams. And from the anti-hack side, we take action on players that we are able to confirm to be maliciously exploiting the game, be it through botting or other forms of cheating.

The reality to all of this, though, is that even though we devote considerable time, effort, and heart to removing bad behavior from the game, there will always be individuals who excel at coming up with new ways of getting around the roadblocks we put up. So, it's a constant battle, but one that we're willing to fight. If you want to pitch in, you can; the easiest way to do so is by emailing hacks@blizzard.com or submitting a report through our http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html" class="bml-link-url2">webform</a>.

And, just for clarity, let me repeat:

- Exploitative behavior is not okay (this includes botting).
- If you are found to be exploiting the game, you can be permanently banned.
- Source: <a href="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

but.. its a video game.. what makes you think people arent going to come out with ways to exploit faster than you guys can come up with solutions? I don't see the attitude you guys have about it being a viable approach to protect peoples accounts and money, but its seem you folks at blizzard very much enjoy the status quo when it comes to most issues :(
not only making money involved but making this a currency based game is the true flaw.
disingenuous product imo.

PS stop pretending blizzard has things under control.
Reply Quote
but.. its a video game.. what makes you think people arent going to come out with ways to exploit faster than you guys can come up with solutions? I don't see the attitude you guys have about it being a viable approach to protect peoples accounts and money, but its seem you folks at blizzard very much enjoy the status quo when it comes to most issues :(
not only making money involved but making this a currency based game is the true flaw.
disingenuous product imo.

PS stop pretending blizzard has things under control.

As I said above people are always going to find ways to cheat at video games that's their nature.

PS: I never said they had it under control. They are aware of the problem and are looking for ways to solve it, without hurting their player-base.

PSS: However I would rather them have control of the AH then some black market dealer...You?

PSSS: Don't think things are always as simple as they appear to be. S.H.I.T happens for a reason.
Edited by DarkKitsune#1709 on 11/24/2012 11:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just wondering, if you see somones profile thats an OBVIOUS bot, is it even worth reporting it? or does it just get forgotten?
Reply Quote
One of the simplest measures (in my limited understanding) could be to add a catergory under the icon drop down say message, trade, inspect, REPORT BOT.
Reply Quote
nice ty
Reply Quote
Why did i get permanent banned using Macro on my death adder for CM wizard :(, so much time invested went to waste just because you guys designed such a retarded powerful build that without a macro you will get a arthritis, not that im not hurting already.
Reply Quote
I'm glad that Blizzard is trying to remove bots and such, and I believe you when you say you are all trying your best. But I still don't fully trust what you're saying because I get a friend request from the same "person" every week who's description is a site for selling gold even though I report him for spam every time. I'm not sure if he's a bot or not, but this whole movement doesn't seem like it will go anywhere when Blizzard's simple 'report for spam' button doesn't even do anything. A 'report for botting' button would be even more obsolete.
Just to be clear, I do agree that the community should help in protecting the game. It's just that I'm not confident that it will bring much change.
Reply Quote
^^Would be nice to have a counter really.

How about one that shows the number of people that were banned last week, split per reason.

"Third party apps : X"
"Exploitats : X"
"Abuse of game play features : X"
"Spam : X"
"Harassment : X"

Haha, I would love to see something like this.

Although, 'abuse of game play features' doesn't really sound like something you should be banned for....
Edited by PhreEk#1472 on 11/25/2012 6:17 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]